Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on August 14, 2015
i like it
on September 5, 2014
Best thing since slice bread so powerful
Bass is wonderful sound is perfect
on July 16, 2013
I really like this little speaker. I purchased it from a Sprint Store for $99.95 with an additional 20% discount on a purchase of 2 or more accessories. I went in for a charger and the sales rep mentioned some other accessories and then played a on song on this thing and I was sold. A little post purchase research confirmed that I made a good choice. The sound quality is impressive for a speaker in it's category meaning you're not going to get a whole lot of bass in the output but it's very clear and can get very very loud. I use it now instead of the speakers on my computer at work. The fact that it had a regular old wall outlet charger truly gave me pause, but I liked it and decided to purchase it anyway. If I could I would actually give it 4.5 stars. The sound makes it worth it. I can't believe that a USB charger was not included in the final design. A solution may be purchasing a USB male to DC power jack female cable, but I haven't purchased one yet to try it out. Or maybe JBL will offer something like that down the road.
on June 30, 2013
Yes, the charging port!! To be a leader in design and technology you need to think through the entire design. Like Bose, JBL designed a charging port that you have to be near an outlet to charge. Bose realized this flaw and fixed it right away with a car charger for an additional price. Hopefully the techs at JBL will do the same just as quickly! Even though customers are buying it, including me :). This is a major flaw as the whole point of a portable speaker is to get away from the house and it's outlets! I don't know about you but I'm playing way longer than 5 hours and will need to have the ability to charge on the go, by car or external battery pack, computer or something! I'm sure us customers would happily pay for such an important part of this rock'n little speaker.
After hours of online research, in-store demo with lots of other background noise this truly did tower over the Jambone Jambox mini, much clearer, crisper and of utmost importance Louder. I so wanted the Jambox to win, as their online controls are really cool. The design is also well thought out, with a box shape design less likely to roll around on the boat or in a less than smooth vehicle, and the rubber on top & bottom was a smart idea. The Flip is also a nice looking design and out of the "box" which is so hot right now. The neoprene sock, ha ha, cover with zip is great!!! The sound is just really unbelievable....at home took it outside with the neighbors screaming kids, barking dogs and happily the Flip drowned it out!!! Even at full volume it did not distort like the Jambox. In comparison with my Monster speaker it was crisper, and much louder, both had no distortion at full volume, quite impressive. After testing it in noisy conditions, it's was truly worth the price, as the world is noisy and I need a speaker that can compete. I probably would also suggest for future models a wider base on bottom for less roll over. A 4.5 star speaker only due to bad charging port design. Hopefully JBL reads these reviews and offers another charging option quickly, This will jump this little speaker into the major leagues and sink most of it competitor's!!
on April 28, 2013
Wow, very good bang for your buck, with my work as a captain in the oil field I travel a lot , I wanted something with quality sound that was compact, this is everything I wanted at what I expected to be at least 3 times more in price, while I love Bose and was planning on getting a Bose unit, this is definitely what I wanted and am very happy with my smart purchase, it works well everywhere, and as of this writing I'm enjoying some good sounding E.C. Blues at home sitting outside in a gazebo while it rains, and the sound is very good