Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hi-Tec Women's Ohio WP Hiking Boot
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 9, 2013
These boots fit as expected. Wear 8.5-9 in running shoes and ordered 8.5. They were pretty comfy out of the box but a little stiff. But the stiffness is good if you need the ankle support. Which I do, as I tend to roll my ankles at least once a summer. They have sort of an almost-steel toe feel to the front,, which takes time to break in, but again this is good if you are a clumsy lady like me and stub your toes. The traction is excellent. After some breaking in, they seem to be a great value. And for a waterproof hiker at this price, I would say definitely go for it! And they are cuter than they look in the pic. And they are light-weight and pretty much feel like a sneaker, other than the stiffness, which is not in the sole but the ankle and toe area. So if you are looking for a waterproof hiker at a fair price and want great support and foot protection, look no further!
on June 26, 2013
These boots ended up being great! (Once I bent in the rim, and worked the area around the ankle a bit). But I wore them on my Grand Canyon trip, hiked 12 miles in one day, and my feet were fine! (Legs were another story!) I bought them a half-a-size up because they say you should have extra toe room in a hiking boot, and the half-a-size was perfect. I would definitely recommend these boots! (My friends have also had success with Merril Hiking Boots!)
on June 24, 2013
At first I thought these were going to be too stiff to be comfortable, but from the very first hike they've been wonderful. My normal size is 6 1/2 & I thought I'd need a 1/2 size larger to allow for thick socks & long walks/hikes, but the 61/2 is perfect-so I'd say that run a bit large. Color exactly as pictured. Very sturdy. Great price.
on July 20, 2013
Just purchased my third pair of Hi-Tec women's hiking boots (7-1/2). Loved the first pair (7) from the early-2000s so much I have nearly worn them out. My second pair (7), in 2012, ended up being too short for some reason. Maybe a change in the manufacturing process over the years. I wore them on one long hike and found my toes were hitting the end of the boot. They were the same size as the previous pair, but seemed to be shorter internally due to the padding at the heel. I agree with those who post about getting them 1/2 size larger to accommodate the hiking socks. The size 7-1/2 seem to fit my always size 7 foot just right.
on October 1, 2014
Just received and had to try them on, will update more after a hike this weekend. Study but lightweight, feel good and I ordered my regular size (I wear with a thin hiking sock, a thicker sock might make them feel less roomy) ankle definately a bit stiff but would epxect this before being broken in a bit. Wasn't sure about the moss/mint color but they are actually very pretty and neutral at the same time. For the price these are really well constructed and a great buy.....Like them!
on February 11, 2014
Got these so I wouldn't have to trek in the mud with my sneakers all the time. Thus far, I've only worn them in the snow, but they're quite warm and sturdy and easy enough to clean. I will say though that after wearing them twice, my ankles kind of hurt, as the ankle part of these shoes were very very stiff and when I walked on the uneven snow, would dig into my ankles.
on July 17, 2015
The longest I've worn these is a bit over 10 miles, and by around mile 7, my arches were starting to hurt. I've since bought special arch support inserts, which have done the trick--but I have higher than normal arches. I recommend these boots, they're very comfortable. They're heavier than my trail shoes, but after I got used to the weight, it's no big deal. I wish they went up a big higher around my ankle area--as a result, they don't have that great of ankle support.

I have pretty narrow (yet long! So annoying.) feet, so the boots are too wide, but with tight lacing, and the insert, it's fairly OK. Otherwise, good luck trying to find narrow size 11 hiking boots that don't cost a ton..

For me, one of the best indicators these boots are good quality, is that when out hiking, I don't find myself thinking about my feet/boots.

They're definitely waterproof, and thanks to the color, they don't look very dirty even after stepping in thick mud (ick).
on June 17, 2015
Bought these for my daughter. We go hiking weekly as a family. She is a maniac and climbs everything. She has certainly tested the durability and water proofing. Plus she likes the way they look which is one less headache for me.
on May 21, 2015
Fits somewhat large- I wear a 6.5 normally which is what I got and have extra room in toe box (not a big deal). Very sturdy. Good ankle support. Comfortable fit. Great price that cannot be beat for the quality.
review image
on June 4, 2015
My shoes arrived this afternoon & I was so excited to try them on. I worked on my feet the rest of the day inside going up & down two flights of stairs with work outside in Mt terrain. I even wore them to dinner, finally taking them off before I got ready for bed at 10:00pm. It wasn't until I took them off for the first time that I thought about sliding my custom orthotics, which fit nicely!

I tried on similar pair at Sports Authority in Jackson, WY (which were more expensive! Love my free deliveries with Prime!) and knew I should order a 10, I am usually a 9.5 but with heavier socks and overall movement with the boot I recommend going a half size up.

The light brown & blue give these boots a little extra style but the overall comfort and support is what makes this a five star selection. Def recommend this boot for those on their feet all day or for use in rugged terrain. Durable but light.
review image