Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 21, 2014
After shoes in hand, I found that the left edge of the sole has a big crack, and the quality problems that should be shoes, right shoe has no cracks.
review image review image
on June 4, 2014
I work on my feet in a machine shop 50 hours a week and Timberland Pros are the most comfortable work boots I've ever owned. The Barstows are one more reason I will never not own a pair of Timberland Pros. Awesome, all-day comfortable boots. Timberland knows what they're doing in regards to working feet.

Edit: Here's what they look like after a year of 50 hour weeks working in a machine shop. Replaced them with another pair of the same today. I need to buy 10 more pair in case Timeberland decides not to keep making them before I retire...
review image
22 comments21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2013
My husband was unsure of my purchase, but I was tried of him complaining about the other brand he wore for the past 20 years. I needed to find something that would help ease the foot and back pain the old brand was giving him. After reading the reviews, I felt sure the Timberland Pro men's Barstow Wedge Work Boot was just what he needed. Wa-La! He absolutely loves them. No more-aching feet, low back pain and even the old knee's apprieciate the flexability these boots provide. I will continue to purchase these boots for him because if your achy at work- you come home grumpy and I'm so enjoying the smile he comes home with now.
22 comments8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2014
I returned the first pair of these boots within the first month of getting them when the stitching on top of the boot started coming apart. Thinking I just got a bad pair I ordered another pair to replace them. Four weeks later the stitching was fraying and close to breaking, same as the other pair. Just for the record, I am an average size person with perfectly normal feet and can usually wear shoes for multiples of years. Amazon deserves less than one star for their lack of customer service in this matter and the $21.14 restocking fee they charged for a defective product. Shameful.
on June 12, 2014
Very little breakin, they felt great from the first day. I have no reason to spend 2.5x as much for a pair of redwings again. My feet have been in a lot of pain lately from a nine month old pair of Ariats. The timberland pros are more suitable for standing on concrete than any other boot I have owned so far.
on August 20, 2015
Now I love these shoes and they are very nicely made, but one negative thing I would have to say was that they were a little snug on the width. I bought the wide version of these shoes (I believe the widest ones) and at first they were a little tight on the width (left shoe). But the more I am using them the more I notice this is going away and they are very comfortable. I couldn't be happier with these shoes and love them. These are not the steel toe shoe version but what is nice that it does come with a plastic protection on the toe that does help give some protection. I didn't notice this in the description and I thought it was a nice touch. They are also slip resistant and they work great. Would recommend to anyone wanting work boots.
on September 3, 2015
no break-in required. shaft is not lined but tongue is padded and has a gusset to keep rocks n sand out. sole is rubber, however it is thin on the heel-side. traction is very good. this shoe is worn every other day in comparison to a sears diehard wedge work boot. timberland pro is slightly lighter and has more bounce. I installed dr scholl's arch support on both shoes. I feel slightly less foot fatigue with this shoe. construction not as heavy duty vs diehards. I will update this review in 6 months. I expect this boot to last more than 12-16 months. anything less is unacceptable for its price point.
on September 29, 2015
I'm a carpenter and my last pair of Barstow timberland pros lasted me a year. The reason is the stitching on the toe where most boots wear out. Comfort level is excellent once they are broken in. And the near flat sole keeps you from bringing dirt and mud into a customers house.
on July 6, 2015
I usually wear a size 9.5 but these feel more like a size ten. I got the 9.5, but I should have got the size 9. I do love these boots they are super comfortable and have a super soft sole, I will order them again but next time I will get a size 9
on September 28, 2014
stitching around the moc-toe started to fray just after a month's wear (casual wear),thread used was inferior.otherwise great and comfortable boot,overall disappointed with Timberland.