Kipling Sherpa
Price:$64.00 - $119.00

on March 28, 2012
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: True BlueVerified Purchase
This bag seemed to be exactly what I was looking for but I debated on ordering it because of the cost. Amazon had the very best price and I saved $27 off the retail price but it still seemed like a lot of money for a fabric bag. I received it today (4 days after I placed my order)and this bag is THE perfect carry on. It is very well constructed and it is a good looking bag. Some things not in the description... where the straps hit your shoulder it is sewn flat, but there is an extra placket sewn to this area which is attractive and adds extra strength and comfort to the strap,the top zipper has a double pull which means you can open the bag in either direction, the walls and bottom of the bag are slightly padded which holds the shape of the bag even when empty, the seaming, fabric, zippers, lining and webbed straps all speak to the quality of the bag. I ordered the true blue and it is a solid dark navy color. This bag holds a lot without being too big or heavy to carry. Having said all that... the clincher is the blue monkey...even he is well made and very cute!

9/14/12 Update:Love to travel but hate to pay the extra bag fee. After traveling with this bag I realized I could pack everything I needed for a 7 day trip using 1 carryon suitcase and this bag. The size of the bag qualifies as a second carry on tote/computer case. My husband liked it so much, I just bought him one in the espresso (lovely dark brown, received it in 4 days) and now neither of us will have to pay for baggage. In a couple of trips these bags will pay for themselves!
on December 11, 2012
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: EspressoVerified Purchase
I love this bag! I was looking for a carry-on bag for my upcoming long haul trip with my toddler, something that can carry all of my things and hers as well so a carry-on that doubles as a diaper bag. I read a lot of reviews about this one and I was torn between this and the Longchamp bag and I wanted to go with something that was closer to my budget and well, to be honest, the long sling shoulder handle really sold it for me. I can carry it as a tote or as a side bag whenever I need to.

The picture makes the bag look small, but when you get it, it's like narnia! You can fit so much in a variety of places. The front bags for things you may need right away like passports, a small wallet, the inside pocket can be used for a longer wallet as well. I was able to fit a change of clothes for myself, my toddler, toiletries, diapers and some toys as well as a larger wallet with space to spare.

Absolutely in love! Cannot wait to take this on our trip next week! I'll update on how it performed during travels, but I have no doubt it'll perform flawlessly.
on September 5, 2013
Verified Purchase
I've done lot of research on diaper bag and came along with this travel bag.
Kipling is famous by its light weight with high quality on the material.

Although Kipling does have diaper bag, but it is tiny smaller than Sherpa and the handle is shorten.
(which means you have to hand carry it....or it come with the removable crossing body strip)

My baby is now 7 months, and this bag has enough pocket for me to separate group of items.
Two front zip pocket extend out, so it won't take any inside space. Plus, the zipper is very easy to open with one hand (Its good for a busy mommy to grab cleansing wipes all the time...)
So, one pocket has baby rice crackers, and small packages of formula. The other has sunscreen, diaper cream, and two type of cleansing wipes.)

Behind the 2 pop out zip pockets, there's another big zip pocket outside the main opening.
Since this will take up space inside, I usually keep some flat stuff here( breastfeeding cover, thin blanket to cover baby if too cold, soft waterproof bib, spoon, and small jacket for the baby)

Inside the main opening, there's another big zip pocket inside on the back side wall. I still some flat stuff here like disposable changing pad and some small towels incase baby accident..(throw up, or anything that tissue doesn't work....can't imagine but just in case...)

In the main opening area, I put an ergo baby carrier in it, and still have room for the thermo container, Sippy cup, water bottle, diapers(5-7 pieces), wipes, cleaning cloths, changing pad, and a bag of toys...

Yeh, anything you can think of, I should have it inside this bag, and the weight is not that heavy.

I usually keep the crossing strap short so I can put it directly over the stroller arms and carry it over my shoulder since the shoulder strip is longer than the Kipling diaper bag...which solve the issue of this travel bag doesn't have the adjustable strip for stroller arms.

The plus is....once the baby grow up, I can still use this as a carryon travel bag or day to day bag. I think it will last for a long time, since the quality of Kipling is really good.

Hope my review will help any mom out there who are searching a perfect diaper bag.
Good Luck!! ^_^
on August 29, 2013
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: Neon PurpleVerified Purchase
Honestly, I have been looking all summer for the best bag for under the airline seat. I have tried about 10 different kinds and was about to just take an older one I had in the closet when I gave it one last try and ordered the Kipling Sherpa Bag. It is just perfect. Flat bottom for stability, great compartments but not overloaded so you can't find things easily. Really nice fabric and color. I bought the neon purple and it is super cute. And the adorable kipling monkey is just the perfect little extra. What do I have inside? My ipad, carry on medication bag, jewelry pouch, hand sewing project, Italian phrase book, my set of extra clothes, Bose headphones and a pouch with travel documents. The over the shoulder (or cross body) detachable strap is a great extra feature. And this bag has the sleeve on the back for sliding over your suitcase handle for getting from place to place. I even put my purse in at the very last minute. This is my dream bag come true!
on January 21, 2015
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: True BlueVerified Purchase
This bag has its pros and cons... when I first received it, I really didn't like it. As I've used it, my opinion has gotten a little bit higher. I am on the fence between a 3-star and a 4-star rating so I'll describe the bag as best I can and let you be the judge.

Pros:
- Fits a laptop (mine is exactly the height and just under the width of the bag). The 'Defea' bag, which I initially thought I was interested in, would not have fit a laptop.
- Fits enough for a weekend trip, including an extra pair of shoes
- Has a large strap and two shorter straps - when fully packed, the shorter straps are kind of far apart so the strap inevitably falls off my shoulder, but the large strap works for crossbody carry
- Has a wide strap on the back so you can slide it over the handle of a rolling suitcase
- Zips all the way so you don't have pockets where things can fall out (VERY important for travel!)
- Fits underneath an airplane seat, even in the Embraer 170/175 (smaller regional jet)
- Color - I bought it in "True Blue" which is a very dark navy blue. It works with black since it's such a dark blue and it goes with everything.
- Lightweight

Cons:
- Bag doesn't hold its shape unless it's completely full, making it hard to get things out of the bag or zip/unzip it, have it stay on a suitcase, etc.
- Looks cheap - when I first got it, I hated it... I thought I had just spent a lot of money on a bag that looked like a $20 bag... it has since grown on me, but it's still not my favorite look. The zippers are really large and made of plastic, so it has a childish look to it in my opinion.
- There are not enough pouches! If I could only change one thing about this bag, it would be to make more partitions. The main compartment is open - no laptop sleeve, no partition, no cell phone holders, nothing. There are three zippered sections on the front and the large one that goes across the width of the bag has a small place that you could put a cell phone but there are no pouches for credit cards/IDs, etc. It ends up being another catch-all instead of a neatly organized bag.
on February 20, 2014
Verified Purchase
I bought this bag as my personal item on flights. I got it in black which is a bit boring but won't clash with my various jackets/suitcases. The inslide lining in the black is a nice light green color which helps finding things. I've been trying to find the right bag for years- and I feel like Goldilocks. This was too large or this was too small. I can finally say this one is just right. Here's what makes it right- it fits under the seat perfectly- it's wide enough to hold the stuff you want to keep handy, but not so wide you can't squeeze your feet next to it. It has both the carry handles and the shoulder strap. When you're schlepping three bags a shoulder strap is a must. It has a sleeve on the back to slip over the handles of a suitcase. It’s light weight but still has structure. I have multiple Baggalini bags and my complaint with them is the lack of structure, they collapse on themselves making it hard to find things. Unlike some reviewers I am really glad they put some slight padding in to help give this that structure. It still folds flat and is super lightweight. It has the perfect number of pockets for me. I like the two ‘pouch’ pockets on the front for snacks, gum, head phones, neck pillow etc. The slip pocket is large and has loops for pens, your phone and things you don’t want to dig out of the bigger pocket. The main section of the bag has an inner zip pocket for your valuables and it’s a big pocket, as wide and deep as the bag. The quality seems to be excellent, the stitching and hardware is really solid and it feels like it will last a long time (this is my first Kipling so I can’t speak to longevity).

My only complaints, and they’re not enough to knock off points…. I wish the slip pocket had locking zippers- the main pocket has two zippers that can be closed with a lock. It would be nice to keep your passport, cash etc in the slip pocket and lock it. Water bottle pocket- some bags now come with an external or internal sleeve for a water bottle. This is a REALLY nice feature since most people like to bring on a bottle of water with them on flights and the bottle sweats all over your stuff if you put it in the bag. Like I said, pretty minor things. I’m not sure I would buy at full price- it’s a pretty pricey bag but on sale it’s worth it for the apparent quality.
on September 11, 2012
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: True BlueVerified Purchase
You could say I have somewhat of a bag fetish. For years I've been on a quest for "the perfect travel bag", but I believe my search is over after buying this one! My only small complaint is that I wish the sides were more firm, but that's really more of a personal preference than anything else?
on March 29, 2013
Verified Purchase
I had a lot of trouble choosing a color, red was tempting, but went with black. I already have a very small Kipling bag and wallet, both black, that I use when traveling. I fly about the country every 3 mos. and purchased these items in 2001; both are still as good as new. My new Sherpa bag matches perfectly and it is the same high quality so will be using it for a very, very long time. Truthfully, it doesn't look very sexy empty, but once it is nearly full with travel items it plumps up and looks very smart indeed! For me the luggage sleeve is a must. I can fit it over my rolling luggage or folding luggage cart and trounce around the airport (or anywhere else for that matter) without an aching shoulder. Boo-yah! Best purchase ever :)
on April 6, 2012
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: True BlueVerified Purchase
I just received this bag in the mail a few days ago and I love it! I ordered the blue color and it's true to the color in the pictures. But the pictures make the bag look so much bigger than it really is. I was worried that it might be too big to carry around but it isn't at all. It is however, big enough to take on a weekend trip, which is exactly what I needed it for! It also has a carry on sleeve in the back so you can insert it into the handle on other luggage bags instead of using the shoulder straps and having it fall down all the time. It's slightly padded all around and has pockets for your cell phone, pens, and note pad. It is super light and the zippers and very sturdy.
on June 7, 2014
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I was specifically looking for a small carrying with long enough straps to carry on my shoulder. This bag far exceeded my expectations. While it isn't the most stylish thing you'll see, the usefulness outweighs any concerns about the look. Two generous zipped pockets on the front allow you to keep important things available. What shocked me was how much I could cram inside the bag. Two days worth of clothes plus a par of shoes us my iPad, my kindle, both my phones, my toiletries, my bag O' chargers and a small purse. The strap on the back fits over any suitcase handle and bag sits firmly. After a week in Italy which included five flights, three bus rides and running around like a chicken with my head cut off, the bag still looks good.
I'm going to have to buy a few more in fun colors.