Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Color: Black|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on December 12, 2012
If your cable is falling out... It's not in all the way. Push hard and turn. It will click when it's locked in place. I was about to return mine until I tried this.
22 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2012
Summary: Extremely comfortable, pure sounding, "on-ear" headphones with the added benefit of a microphone for your calls

Logitech bought Ultimate Ear--a maker of custom in-ear monitors (IEM) used by muscians in live performances--in order for it to enter the non-computer headphone market. They should probably ditch the "Logitech" name on the product description, just as they have on the product itslf (note: a "UE" logo is all that appears on the headphones) since most people associate Logitech with computer accesories.

PROS:
- Closed cups produce greater sound than one would expect from on-ear headphones
- Light, yet secure fit--even after hours of wear, my ears do not ache or sweat
- Block out almost all background noise
- Do not "leak" sound--your subway seat neighbor will not be disturbed or know you are listening to Kelly Clarkson
- Attractive packaging--would make a nice gift
- The 3-button in-line remote controls audio playback and call answering on iOS devices (pause, play and skip tracks AND fast-forward and rewind)

CONS:
- None that I can think of
22 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2012
I stood at Best Buy for a half hr. comparing all the headphones they had side by side. I didn't look at Brand Name -- Just Sound ONLY. These by far were the best sounding headphones of the group. Hands Down. Save yourself the trip. These will not let you down -- great highs, with solid mids, and the right kind of base. I don't write reviews, but these headphones are that good! Great Job Logitech!
on February 6, 2013
I've own a ton of headphones and these are great for just under $100. The UE 4000 are very light weight and easy to manage on the go.You can toss them on and off with just one hand making them great for mobile use. The memory foam on the ear cups are very comfortable, they also come with an untangle removable cord with volume and mic controls for your ios device. If your using another device besides ios they most likely wont work, but the sound will still come through. Now the sound. The sound on the UE 4000 are great, I own a lot of head phones and these beat them.

UE 4000 vs V-Moda lp cross fades

The cross fades are great in style and durability and also comes with a lot of accessories, the problem with them is the sound. They sound muddy and the bass is overbearing and that's a deal breaker for me. I need good sound not just style.

Sony M-V6 vs UE 4000

The V6 is great for sound since they sound flat making you hear things you never heard before, the problem with them is that there very uncomfortable to wear and the ten inch coil cord makes them not useful for mobile usage. They also lack bass.

The sound on the UE 4000 is as good as the Sony's and also has the right bass that does not overbear the music.I'm very happy with these headphones and you will too. Also don't forget to push the cord all the way into the earcup.
on November 10, 2012
I'm not an audiophile so I can't tell you all the different frequencies and how they compare to others but I can tell you these are excellent headphones for the money. I would put these against any other headphone in the same price range. These headphones aren't totally over the ear headphones but I like that. They fit nicely on top of your ears and do a good job of cutting out outside noise while maintaining great comfort.

I also like that they feel solid. I'm not a klutz but it can be a little hard for me to sit still for extended periods of time and if you happen to catch the cord on something while your moving and the headphones get a yank it's nice to know they'll still work properly. The cord is seperate (therefore could be replaced) and it is nice and solid as well.

Oh and sound.....they sound great!!! These headphones are no joke - they really do sound awesome.

*UPDATE* I bought primarily for music and I use them for real simple applications but there were some features I hadn't used till recently and thought I should comment on them. In the cable there is a built-in volume control including mute.

There is also a built-in microphone that I hadn't tried it till recently and I didn't expect the mics quality to be any big deal but the sound quality of that is excellent. If you're gaming or make calls through the internet not only will you hear great sound quality through the head phones the person on the other end will hear you crystal clear.
on January 23, 2014
At $36 this is hands down the best deal on a great sounding over the hear headphones. The headphones is light, comfortable with thumping bass and clean highs. I would compare the sound of this headphones to the Beats headphones except that the Logitech is more comfortable with cleaner output than the Beats.
on January 7, 2014
Short of it: This pair of headphones is ideal for everyday casual use, listening to music or watching movies, etc. Gloss finish may attract fingerprints, but it's no iPhone; the chrome accents are a nice touch. The staging is very good, though lower frequencies seem overbearing at times. I find voices are very clear - listening to podcasts or vocals is crisp and buttery. The cushion that makes contact with the ear takes a little breaking in, and the phones feel a bit stiff at first, but give it a week or two of use and you'll find they wear comfortably. The addition of the detachable audio cable is a nice touch, and I imagine if you are thinking of making this headset your go-to, you could do much worse. Between the superb build quality, the sleek finish, and the crisp well-tuned audio (well worth $100, but at the $40 I purchased them for? No brainer), there's not a lot to complain about here.

If you're looking at other similar phones sub-$50, stop. If you can't imagine putting down $100 for some headphones, try these. These are $100 headphones essentially being sold to you for 60% off. If you are looking at $100 headphones, I would keep this pair on your list. The staging and balance here is much better than Beats Studio or Studio HD or mybeats. They leave Sol Republic in the dust. If you are looking for some heavy bass, take a look at the competitively-priced Sony XB line. These deliver very "clear" bass, not "heavy" bass. There is a difference. If you're uncertain of what I mean, go listen to some store demos - you may find you have a very strong opinion about what sounds better to you.

Finally, just a comment on brand - these are from Logitech's UE line, and I feel like that may kill it for some people. I don't know why. Logitech is a very well established brand, and makes amazing products from keyboards to mice to computer speakers (some of which are THX-certified) to, now, headphones. They're really worth a try. They also make a UE wireless bluetooth speaker and, if you want some proof of the company's commitment to excellent quality, take a look at these other superb UE products. To me, the name Logitech generally indicates I'm getting something good.
on July 8, 2013
Great Headphones with great sound. I recommend getting a different 3.5mm cable. Headphones at this price range tend to have cheap rubber cables, but five dollars gets you something great. As for the issue of the cable falling out, it wasn't pushed in all the way. The cable sits nice and firm and the headsets are nice and comfy. Recommend
on June 29, 2013
After ordering 4 sets of headphones and returning them all, I kept these. Great sound across a broad spectrum of music, great price, and comfortable. The other headphones I tried were Bose, Audio Technica, Sennheiser and Klipsch. Logitech outperforms them all. I'm picky about how my music sounds and these have just the right amount Bass, mids and highs.
These headphones, frankly, have it all, but above everything else Is the sound: it is superb. Now I don't pretend to be an audiophile who can hear a stomach rumble in the midst of a philharmonic performance.

But I can recognize bass and these headphones do a good job of reproducing it. Obviously not as powerfully a multi-thousand dollar speakers powered by big amps, but better than in any headphones I recall using.

And they are very comfortable, the ample and soft earpads doing an excellent job of blocking out extraneous sounds. The headband is padded and also very comfortable.

With an i-device that has audio input capability, there's a reasonably capable microphone. Also for Apple i-devices, there's a very flexible remote control on the cord.

Some people here have complained of "defective" plugs or made similar comments. The UE 4000 headphones use the newer style jack combining both microphone and headphone connectors. The plugs must be pushed all the way in, which on many devices requires considerable force.

As welcome extras, Logitech includes a headphone splitter so you can share a device's audio output with two sets of headphones and a soft fabric case.

The UE 4000 will work with non-Apple devices, but you will most likely lose microphone and remote control capabilities.

The real story to me, though, is audio quality. Great is the only word I would use to describe the audio output of these phones.

Jerry