Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on November 14, 2013
Bought this trolly to replace my old 2-wheeled fabric roller board to reduce the strain of pulling it and carrying it down the airplane aisle. Just got back from a business trip with the Delsey and am very pleased. It rolls easily in the terminal and plane. It holds a lot of clothes without looking bulky as many of the fabric ones can be when stuffed (which gets attention from carry-on size checkers). You can expand it if more capacity is needed.
I had some reservations before buying due to a review that indicated that it was not well suited (no pun intended) for living out of while at the hotel because of its book-like design. I was happy to see that it fit easily on the suitcase stands in hotel rooms when opened flat. You just have to place it on the stand like a book instead like a ....coffin I suppose.
The downside is that there is no external pocket to hold misc items such as receipts and spare change. I put those in my messenger bag now instead (which is usually sitting on the suitcase anyway). Oh, as it's plastic it will show scratches more, but I don't mind wear and tear showing...it just looks well traveled.
I have the same case in 29-in and in blue. For this carry-on size, I thought the Titanium looked better. Wished they made this in black for comparison.
Also bought the Samsonite Luggage Hyperspace Spinner 21.5 but returned it due to liking this Delsey better (looks better, looks bigger, and holds more without looking bulky).
Hope this helps someone.
11 comment104 of 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2012
We purchased the Delsey Hilium Aero 29" Spinner Trolley first and then followed that purchase with this Carry-On Model. This luggage has all the right specifications and features to give you years of travel use. The hardshell is Polycarbonate so it is attractive but more importantly very durable and yet light weight. Each Luggage piece is Expandable so if you end up bringing home more than you left with you are all set. The TSA approved contemporary zipper lock is much better than having to mess with various purchased after market locks. The wheels glide effortlessly and the spinner design gives you a lot more options as to how to pull or push it along vs. the older two-wheel designs. The inside of this luggage is well appointed with various zippered covers and a pockets. The lift handles are quite comfortable and spring back flat against the hardshell case when you aren't using them. I have travelled with a Tumi 20" Carry-on for years, and this Carry-On is lighter, but actually holds more even when not expanded. We looked at way too many luggage choices and are very happy that we chose the Delsey Hilium Aero models.
66 comments159 of 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2013
Wife loved it. She used it as a carry on about 5 times without issue than she checked her luggage. After one trip through baggage handling the shell cracked. It must have either been thrown or had a bunch of weight on it but starting from the side handle a 8 inch crack to the corner. Now the fun part we only owned the case for 9 months and it has a 2 year warranty so i figure id try to contact the company. I wrote a nice e-mail through their contact us tab because there is no phone # to contact them I haven't heard back. Apparently as per their website if you don't register the suitcase they wont even speak to you. To make a long story short and confirmed by the airline this suitcase is not strong enough to be used as checked luggage
88 comments154 of 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2013
Since buying this luggage, it has been on 4 international flight segments, multiple trains in Europe, and has fallen down a long flight of ancient stone steps. It has held up extremely well with no damage - just scuffed up a bit. The luggage is sturdy. This piece expands by 2 inches. For a 4 week trip in Europe, and doing some smart packing, I only took this carry-on. I am extremely pleased with this bag.
11 comment78 of 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2012
We have only used this luggage on one trip /4 flights. So far we really like it. We bought both the 25 and 21 inch. Both hold a lot of stuff and if it is overstuffed can be expanded. The compartments hold a lot and use straps on one side to hold clothing in place and a zippered compartment on the other side for loose items. It rolls really easily, is surprisingly light weight . The 21 fits into an overhead compartment. The 25 is for checked in baggage and help up to the handlers loading. except for some scratches it seems fine. Also this has the new TSA lock so you can lock your luggage securely. I have some more trips coming up and will follow up with more once these have more miles on them. i gave it 5 stars because it did everything we wanted . Hope this review is helpful

update; aside from a few scratches from the rough handling at the airports, the luggage still looks and works great.
33 comments76 of 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2014
From American Airlines website:
"You can bring one small carry-on bag plus one personal item per passenger as long as the carry-on bag fits comfortably in the sizer without being forced and does not exceed overall dimensions of 45 inches (length + width + height).

The maximum dimensions cannot exceed any of the following measurements: 22" long x 14" wide x 9" tall or 115cm (56 x 36 x 23 cm)."

United article:
Amazon removed the link, but you can Google. "Carry-on crackdown: United enforces bag size limit"

It is all about the airlines finding a way to make more money by not allowing you to carry on the bag you have been carrying and forcing you to check it. That...or buy a new one.

This bag does not fit those new limits...
33 comments68 of 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2013
I read the reviews before I bought it and except for one they were all positive. I was excited when I got home today and it was on my porch! I really love the use of interior pockets to maximize the available space, the four separate wheels that can move independently, the hard shell and TSA approved locks. As I said I was a little concerned b.c of the other rogue review but after pulling out my tape measure to verify size: 10 x 20.5 x 14.5 inches which equates to 45 linear inches (the exact maximum allowed for carry-on luggage) I am greatly pleased! I bought this so that I could use it for my big trip to Europe this fall and I feel like it will be perfect!
11 comment34 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2012
Great Item Just what I wanted, color was striking, size is just right and easy to pull and the spinner is wonderful. at last a great carry on
0Comment20 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2015
This is an excellent suitcase. I was able to pack everything I needed for an 11-day trip through several cities in Europe during cool spring weather; I could have easily done 14 days with what fit in there. All that was without opening the expansion strip. (The only other bag I took was a small handbag.) The side compartment is great for keeping papers, toiletries, umbrellas, etc. separate. The lock on the main compartment worked well; it was easy to find an inexpensive TSA approved lock for the side compartment. I checked the bag for all air travel, both within Europe and from US to Europe. I carried the bag with me on a long train trip within Europe.

The only reason for 4 rather than 5 stars is that the bag was too big for the airline I was traveling on. This was a major international airline, based in Europe. When I went online to confirm the dimensions allowed for carry-on baggage, it was clear that this case exceeded the limits. (Argh!) So if you are considering this case mainly so that you can carry it on international flights, think again.

The case was OK but not great to maneuver on European trains. It moved well through the aisles. It fit overhead in some compartments but not others. When it didn't fit overhead and I couldn't get it space on a luggage rack, I had to sit with it between my legs. It didn't seem like a small case then! I would suggest that you reserve a seat close to the luggage rack if you want to use this for train travel.
on December 22, 2013
This is a very nice carry-on spinner. The fit and finish are first class. Twin spinner wheels really make a difference when rolling the case, especially on less than perfect surfaces. Size wise, this case is on the larger size as far as carry-on bags go, but it will fit in overhead compartment of a 737 if put in sideways (it will not fit the other way, as the wheels make it a bit too long). Overall, I'm quite happy with this case, the only (minor) complaint being that the case tends to ride a bit under an angle when pushed along with all four wheels on the ground. But this is really is just a very minor issue that does not really detract from the overall excellent experience using this spinner.