Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on December 19, 2012
I owned these headphones for one week, and ended up returning them. Initially, out of the box, I thought these were some of the best headphones that I had heard in the under-$500 category. The upper frequencies are "detailed" so if someone is looking for a warmer sound, this isn't the headphone for you. But, the bass is really good - and, by that, I do mean that there is detail in the bass and it is not just a "one note" wonder with the bass. But, what really started to get to with this product (the K167 headphones) is that at the end of a week, the foam in the ear pads didn't seem to be strong, or thick enough to keep a good level of padding thickness. This resulted in my ears literally touching the baffle of the headphones. So, I tried a recommended "tweak" to use some tissues to slightly raise the pads for comfort, however, the bass really suffered. This told me that the design of the headphones was really dependent upon the thinner pads and the ears had to be closer to the baffle for better bass.

My background: 30+ years of audio experience, speaker and subwoofer building, as well as a headphone enthusiast who loves music and good headphones.
on April 2, 2013
I purchased these in December 2012, and was immediately pleased with how they sounded. I bought them to use at work while sitting at my desk working on a computer, getting on average about 8-10 hours of use a week. In early February I noticed the plastic inside the headband (that houses the cord) started to crack at the expansion areas on both sides. I have a fairly normal sized head (I wear a 7 5/8 baseball cap), and am always very careful not to pull headphones farther than needed when putting them on and taking them off. I treated these (my first pair of 'expensive' headphones) very well. I continued to use them very infrequently for the next few weeks (1-2 hours a week at most), and now one of the sides has completely broken through and the other side is not far behind.

They are basically unwearable now because they don't feel stable on my head and the sound leaks from a lack of pressure, and I am afraid that the cord will be damaged with further use. For these not to even last 2 months with light/moderate use and very careful handling is absolutely unacceptable. I will be contacting Amazon/AKG for a refund/replacement soon, and will make updates if/when I get a response.
on March 11, 2013
I was one of the very first adopters of the K167. When I compared it side by side to the Beyerdynamic DT770 AE, I found that the K167 just beat out the Beyers in the sound department in almost every aspect. However, despite the stellar sound at the price point, these units have far too many problems for me to be able to recommend them.

First, the earpads are firm and plush - until you break them in after a week, whereupon they turn into millimeter-thick on-ear pancakes whenever these are worn.

Second, the cable is very irritating because it is coiled, heavy, and non-detachable. This is the most annoying part of these units, because the cable is unwieldy and always gets in your way due to the weight; the cable bounces like crazy when you walk and can pull things it is attached to right off the end of a surface if you are not careful.

Third, the plastic used to construct the unit is clearly inadequate for any rigorous use; it creaks and bends heavily even in the most normal of circumstances. These feel as though they are going to break whenever they are handled.

Fourth, the folding mechanism is a total joke. It is very clumsy, and there are no situations where it is practical or useful due to the shoddy overall build of the headphone putting the unit at risk of snapping should it be placed in a bag.

Finally, the headband adjustment system is extremely weak and prone to breakage. Within two months of normal usage, both sliders managed to bend and snap at the connection point between the headband and the cup. Keep in mind, I have a smaller head than average, so there is no excuse for this occurring.

Here is what needs to happen: AKG needs to scrap production of both the AKG K167 and K267 and merge the models into one unit. Use the detachable cable and metal parts of the K267, scrap the useless bass boost function and dopey folding mechanism, use the drivers and the headband shape (with better, more consistent padding to compensate for weight) of the K167, put denser and thicker padding in the earpads, put the price between the K167 and K267, and you have a winning product.

As it stands, the K167 is built like a paper tank and the K267 is too bulky and too expensive.
on January 19, 2013
The bass. It makes sense, really, that the bass is this good. Punchy. Tight. In your face. Or in your ears, actually.

But seriously. The bass. It's not overpowering, unless by overpowering you mean that it just sounds so good that you can't stop thinking about it. Everything else is good too. The mids, the highs, all is fluid and organic; crystal clear and life-like. But oh... the bass.

I read somewhere that durability might be an issue, not so. My pair looks solid, like they will be here for a good while. These are of a high quality build, comfortable and stylish. You will almost forget they are there. You just might almost forget that everything else is there too and slip away into a state of sonic bliss. Just you, and these amazing sounds.

At less than $100, these are a steal. I can't think of how many headphones I have listened to that I would consider inferior, all the while costing much more. You need these. Just one note: if I have ever had a pair of headphones that benefit from burning in, these would be the pair. It doesn't take long for these to really open up, but after burning in awhile there is a noticeable, positive change to the quality of sound.
on September 24, 2015
Just one word to describe this : AWESOME!!!! To my opinion , this ones are way better than the Beats, the sound quality is flawless, crystal clear, and the bass is something i have not hear on any other headphones, if you plan to buy headphones to listen to music as i should be listened, buy this.....no doubt
on May 5, 2016
For the money, these are excellent headphones. I replaced my rubish Numark headphones with these, which are superior in every way. They are comfortable, durable, and sound excellent. They are capable of producing a plenty of volume before distorting. Most importantly they sound great.
on February 12, 2016
Sound quality is great. Adequate basses (not the best though) but great mids and crystal clear sound quality however NOT A HEADPHONE to use daily because it is not ''loud'' it has a low db output if you use it with iPhone it really kinda sucks :) But if you use it with something which has a good sound card and/or high sound output it is great headphone. Overall good but it needs better basses and higher output, great for DJs and professionals but not great for people who likes their music loud on their iPhones ( I know these are not created for using them with iPhone though )
Good but you have better options. 3.5/5 STARS (NOT 4).
on March 4, 2014
I was excited to receive this product because they have the name of a legend (tiesto), but that's the catch hehe. There is no bass and the sound is not what I expected. I know you might say something like, well you don't need the bass etc. but these headphones are kind of expensive and they sound like some kind of headphones you can get at Ross or Tj Maxx for 15 dollars. Furthermore, I have had them for 3 months maybe less than that and they are broken now, I used them maybe once or twice a week. The material is all weak plastic. For the price I recommend to buy pioneer headphones or the sony ones that are kinda fat, they sound nice and are stronger for the same price. I will change my review or give one more star if I get these headphones replaced.
on December 19, 2015
After a decent amount of use time, I can finally reach a conclusion towards this pair of headphones. First of all, the comforbility of it is just so so. For people with slight bigger head like me, clamping force is a bit too strong. Maybe due to the high clamping force, some parts of your ears are actually touching by the headphones and getting pushed inward when wearing for a long time. Sound quality is great. Compared to mdr1a or beats studio, the amount of bass is not as much as those, but still dynamic and powerful with song that originally comes with heavy bass. If you are looking for something that has a slight bass boost but do not want the bass to come out of nowhere for song with few bass, k167 and k267 are worth considering. Mid and high are good. The sound stage is pretty decent. Speaking of build quality, I read a lot of posts saying the head support part is fragile. So I've been treating mine with extra care, and nothing yet happens to it. Once if mine broke, I will also update the photo and use time. But as a headphone around 70 bucks, it's definitely a worth trying pair.
on August 26, 2015
Bought these because they said to insulate some noise and were reviewed to be (at very least) ok/good quality. They did job by being relatively easy on ears (over-the-ear design) so long usage is possible and by lessening background noise of work place it makes my days better.