Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on February 22, 2013
Bought this little netbook at Target for just under $300.

I thought I got a pretty good deal, until I discovered it's a pretty useless device.

I prefer to use Mozilla Firefox as my default browser. It constantly crashed. Also having installed Google Chrome, I started to use that. It too crash, just not as much as Firefox. As a college student, this makes it very difficult to get any homework done for my online classes.

Netflix does not stream smoothly on HD, barely smooth on SD.

I tried to install MS Office. Took two hours and never functioned.

For some reason this computer is just mind bogglingly slow. I have old Acer netbooks that run on Windows XP that are faster than this one.

So back it goes.
on May 25, 2013
I purchased this laptop at target for $3OO. At first it seemed a bit slow, but after getting rid of some of the pre-installed garbage, it runs quite smooth now. My main reason for this purchase was deployment. I am in afghanistan and have been using this laptop almost every day I've been here. This thing is great. Once I downloaded VLC, it plays all my movies, and t is great for getting on the web and skyping with my wife. For being a "netbook" this thing is pretty great. For the guy who had the crashing problems...I have never experienced that yet. Chrome runs flawlessly. I haven't fully tested the video streaming, but I'm sure that it's fine. this thing has a usb 3.0 port for my HDD which is perfect. Windows 8 is a little different than windows 7, but it's good once you get the hang of it. Oh by the way, this laptop is pretty sturdy. The first day I had it I dropped it on the ground from over waste level, and it still runs like a charm. The only flaw I can see from this laptop is the charger. yes it can be manipulated to fit a plug but the round design of the plug head makes it hard when you are trying to plug two thing in right next to eachother on some outlets. I recommend getting an after market AC adapter.
on May 12, 2014
Very good product. It does everything it is supposed to do very well. I quickly found that problem with tricky mouse is due to dry fingers LOL. Will definitely recommend to friends
on July 18, 2014
Good in general but once in a while got boot problem.
on November 14, 2012
I bought mine from Target on impulse, was a smart move because my windows 7 bootcamp partition that I spent close to $300 to get up and running on my MBA i7 2011 model disappeared from the boot up choices. Thank goodness I had dropbox with most of my recent work files. Mine runs windows 8 which was not a welcome surprise, but I am getting used to it. It took me 3 days to figure out how to "migrate" to ssd==> create a recovery usb drive, copy hdd to ssd with CloneDrive 8, let the thing try to boot unsuccessfully and then use recovery disk to load entire system onto your ssd! I am a big fan of Crucial, but not of their M4 drive, had to bite the bullet and buy the intel 520, mine is 120gb model. OMG ---> 8.1 on windows experience for drive speed. crucial 4gb installed cannibalized from other laptop... pretty sufficient, but my personality has me about to order 8gb stick.. I'll see if I can find a fast stick.

Processor can only go up to 360 resolution for online streaming movies... drops frames or sound falls behind on full screen, so I have to choose less than full screen to get smooth playback.

Everything is stable, and if I feel like squeezing out as much time from the itty bitty battery for late night web browsing in bed while wife sleeps next to me, I set to power saver profile at the lowest screen brightness... I end up going to sleep before Acer does... NOT SO WITH Mac Book Air!!!! sorry to say, my mac book air, after having shown its shortcomings in running windows in either parallels, VMware, or bootcamp... has to take a recreational role in my life rather than be my right hand in my livelihood... lessons learned!

Very happy, not that I can brag about any egotistical performance stats (blew that wad in appleville at the tune of $2000), but in that simple in this case is better. Thank you Jesus!