Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 30, 2012
Package Type: Standard PackagingVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this bluetooth headset for my husband because he is on the road all the time for work and want him to be able to talk on the phone without having to hold the phone up to his ear - which is both illegal here in California and obviously unsafe. I have gotten him other bluetooth devices in the past but he claims they're uncomfortable or "hard to use".

Well FINALLY this one did the trick. It's not only incredibly easy to set up, it's incredibly easy to use.

The setup - just charge up the device. It comes with a wall charger and a charger for your car as well. You simply turn on the device by extending the arm and then turn it off by folding the arm inward. That easy. When you turn it on it will automatically guide you through the setup process. My husband has what I think may be the first cell phone ever made (well, close) and it's an old Nokia flip phone. Absolutely no problem connecting the blue tooth to the phone, and the phone offers the option of automatically connecting to the device when the device turns on (when the arm is extended). I opted for this option so that my husband wouldn't have to "do anything" to his phone to connect, and so that if he wanted to talk on the phone itself instead of the headset all he would have to do is flip the arm down to turn it off. That easy, especially for someone intimidated by these devices.

So that's it - once you set it up, flip it open to on to automatically connect, flip it shut to disconnect. Once it's turned on there is a button on the side (easily accessible, even to big fat fingers!) that you push that asks you for commands. Say "Call back" to call back the number that last called you. Say "Redial" to dial back your last outgoing call.

The volume controls are a little trickier to reach (probably only for my husband), for most everyone else it's a cinch located on the top, but still no problem because he has it set at high.

The sound quality is just terrific. Like I said he's on the road all the time so wind and road sounds are a problem, but not with this. He can hear as clearly (better!) than having the phone up to his ear. That's a big deal for him since he's on the phone for work a lot.

Also know that the headset makes it very comfortable to talk on for extended periods of time. Many times the around-the-ear devices (which you have the option for with this) can feel bothersome after a while. To put the bluetooth on the headset just take off the padded rubbery ear protector (which is there if you wish to you this instead of the headset) and then slide it easily into the grooves on the headset. You can adjust for use with either ear.

Highly recommended.

Note - editing to say that I had to return this because it started making beeping noises but customer service sent me a new one and it's just fine. If it turns out there are any problems with this I will edit and reevaluate.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
For some time now, my husband has suggested that I invest in a Bluetooth device that will allow me to make calls safely while driving. He feels that smart/safe drivers are those that keep their hands on the wheel while driving especially since there is technology available that makes it possible. Anyway, I agree which is why I like the Bluetooth technology that is available in my vehicle. What I have come to realize about the technology in my vehicle, is that there are times that I hear interference or background noise when speaking to other people. The sound quality is not always that good. Either way it has been suggested that I try an earpiece with Bluetooth capabilities. I first must admit that I have a skewed perception of these devices. I mean who hasn't seen a person walking around with a blinking device (in their ear) in restaurants, stores, etc and wondered "why didn't they take the time to remove it ", or just how many times have you seen people who look like they are talking to themselves, only to spy a Bluetooth once they pass? Or maybe I was reluctant because the whole idea seems a little complicated to me. Either way, when this product was offered, I thought that I had nothing to lose by trying it. And I am glad that I did. There were advantages and disadvantages for using this product, but overall, the advantages outweighed (I think) the disadvantages.

Advantages:

* This product was easy to set up and works well with my android phone (a Google Phone, GX2).

* This product offers you an earpiece and a headset. But I should say that personally, I don't particularly like the headset (because it reminds me of a phone operator/customer service person), but appreciate that it is there as an option. If you have longer hair, I don't think that people in the vehicles around you would notice the headset. Either way, I appreciate the versatility. If I wanted to, I could simply detach and use the earpiece, or use the whole head piece while driving. And while it appears more secure with the headband, it isn't aesthetically attractive. The earpiece is a little large, but it fits comfortably on my ear. The setup comes to fit the right ear, but if your preference is the left side, you can change it to accommodate that as well.

* The sound is clear. The sound quality is not muffled and there is no echo.

* The voice that announces the calls is clear and easy to understand.

* The volume control is easy to use. And there is a mute button and while I have never used it, I like that that feature is available.

* Product comes with several chargers (auto, home etc).

Disadvantages:

* Earpiece is a little bulky or large. (This could be because I am not use to wearing one). I kind of wish it was a little smaller, but I guess for those who prefer the headband, it is probably just the right size. It's ok to wear with earrings, I would just be careful with hoops.

Advantages/Disadvantages

* Voice Command. The piece prompts you to give simple commands to answer the phone. And if the voice command fails, you can simply hit the button on the earpiece and activate the call. The disadvantage is that most of the time (85-90%) the voice command does not work or respond to my voice. I haven't figured out if I am just not speaking clearly enough or if it is a flaw with the device. I would give this feature a 1 out of 5.

* The cost. I am not sure if this product is worth the money, but I have no point of reference. Compared to other products available, it seems to be comparable.

Overall, I think the Jabra product is well made. While the voice command seems to be hit or miss, the other functions work well. Therefore, I would give the Jabra Supreme Driver's Edition Bluetooth Set a 3.5 to 4.
on December 28, 2012
As soon as I got this in the mail, my husband commandeered it to use on his Bluetooth-enabled flip phone. The set up was extremely easy, and phone calls have come in great. The mic has good sound, and the earpiece is very comfortable. Comes with a second earpiece, and between the two you should have one that fits well. There are some buttons on the unit which are kind of small, but well-placed and raised enough that it's not too difficult to press them when needed. The over-the-head band fits even my husband's enormous noggin! It's quick to switch between his phone and mine, so if I want to use it for my smartphone then it only takes a few seconds. The chargers are a good quality (that's not always the case with products that sometimes toss in just some cheapie chargers; these are solid). I would definitely recommend these headphones to anyone.

UPDATE: After having some difficulty with the controls, I wanted to update my review to reflect this. Somehow the voice controls were turned off, and per the instructions, they supposedly can be toggled on and off by holding down the Voice button on the mic arm while opening the headset. The problem is that this doesn't always work. After a few dozen attempts, the voice controls finally came back on. At first, we though the Voice button had to be held down for several seconds even after the mic arm has been opened, but unfortunately, on repeat tries that didn't work again. We're not sure how the commands were turned off in the first place, though it's very easy to accidentally hold the Voice button down when opening the arm, so we assume that's what happened.
on January 15, 2013
I set up the unit to work with my iPhone 5 without any problems. Bluetooth pairing was very straightforward. The units battery provides about 3-4 hours of talk time. Audio quality transmitting and receiving is very good. I have tried several bluetooth headsets over the years and this one by far is my favorite. Highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon January 7, 2013
I have tried several different brands and styles of Bluetooth devices in the past with absolutely no success. The sound was either very bad or the connection would break, the earpiece would not stay in place, or there would be some other problem. I gave up on them after the last one I tried several years ago. However, long driving trips made it necessary to give it another try, and the Jabra SUPREME Driver's Edition Bluetooth Headset was my choice, and it was a very good one. Connecting it to my HTC Inspire could not have been quicker or easier. The sound quality both for me and for the caller on the other end was excellent. I was told by several friends that it was impossible to tell that I was not speaking directly from my phone. This was true whether I was using it from home or in my car, which I thought was very impressive. The ability to use voice commands option is actually easier with the Jabra than from my phone. I have not used the earpiece and don't plan to. I like the headband and prefer to use it.

In my opinion, the Jabra Supreme is an outstanding device and well worth the investment.
on December 27, 2012
I received the Jabra Supreme in the mail, and I had it working with my phone within fifteen minutes.

The set comes with some replacement parts and two attachments, one earpiece and one headset.

I was able to get the device paired to my cell using the Bluetooth connection the first try, and then my phone was able to respond to the voice commands using the Jabra Supreme with no additional training.

The audio quality was great, and the battery lasts for over three hours of talking!!!

I cannot recommend this product enough.

The Jabra Supreme is the best Bluetooth device that I have owned.

Well done!

in service,

Rich
The Original Dr. Games since 1993
on February 12, 2014
I bought this for my husband who is a farmer. He is always outside in windy conditions as well as on a noisy tractor. I can understand him when he talks and his voice is very clear. Now he says he will buy me one because he doesn't like the hands-free system in my car. He said isn't not as clear as his new headset!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I got this to use with my Panasonic, bluetooth enabled cordless phone, not a cell phone.

I was able to pair the unit to my phone fairly easily and it works well. I have still not quite got the hang of clicking the button to answer incoming calls and there is a delay before I can hang up the handset while waiting for the wireless device to kick in.

Honestly, my old wired headset was easier to just plug in and use but the payoff with this is movement without the phone and without wires. I use the over the ear attachement, not the full headset as shown in the picture.

I can recommend this.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 22, 2015
AS A TRUCK DRIVER THIS IS BAR-NONE THEEEE BEST BLUETOOTH HEADSET I EVER BOUGHT. Been through the others you get at truck stops. The blue parrot was annoying, with the bright blue flashing light illuminating the whole can at night, ear piece broke on that one, the road king 3 mouthpiece stopped working, nobody could hear me anymore after six months, the cobra I bought through Internet, ear piece broke on that one too.
on March 22, 2015
Great headset! My ears are sensitive & I love how's this fits on the ear. I've tried others & they hurt my ear because I was consistently trying to push it in. I always read reviews before I buy something so I wanted to leave a good review for others.