Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Size: 12-Feet|style: Male to Male|Change

on February 18, 2013
I initially thought this extender would work well with my new headphones. Now, there is a "reverb"-like sound happening. It sounds like it is echoing. It's not the headphones or the PC as I have tried both on different devices and they work fine. When I take the cable extender out it works fine. Plug it back in and the echo happens.

Moral to the story - make sure the extender you purchase has the same number of rings or bands on the tip of the cable.
88 comments|172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
UPDATE
Just wanted to take a moment to add to my original review. This cable is still going strong despite routine plugging & unplugging & one case of Mr. Coordinated here getting his feet tangled up & yanking the connection apart. This is the way things SHOULD be manufactured!

*****************************************

I feel like I've been through all seven of Dante's infamous layers since starting my quest to find a 3.5 mm extension cable for my headphones. Maybe it's ridiculous to get this upset over a patch cable, but...

I grew up in the 70s and 80s listening to loud music. I played 7 different instruments in a very competitive HS band, had my own band with some friends playing bars before we were even old enough to BE in a bar and was on the ground floor of early competitive automotive sound systems. When I built my first PC some 15 years ago, I bought (and still have) a set of Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 speakers. Now my wife and I live with her paraplegic mother who, bless her heart, thinks Lawrence Welk is "New Wave." I'm seldom able to crank my audio so I have to jam through my Scosche reference headphones (I highly recommend those, too, BTW. No, they're by no means the absolute best but for <$100 they're definitely impressive, or they are to someone with near-perfect pitch).

Believe it or not, I have purchased and returned no fewer than 6 different cables online and locally in a seemingly futile effort to get just one that can bear being connected, disconnected and re-connected without losing a channel for whatever reason they all seem to lose one. I have spent as little as 99¢ and as much as $12.99 only to have to return each one because they worked flawlessly until I had to, for whatever reason, disconnect them.

Enter iMBAprice. Never heard of'em. The cable had 1 review. It was a glowing review, but just the one. It also was twice as long as what I was really wanting (kinda like this review!!). But, the price was better than all the 3' cables I was looking at so I said, WTH, and decided to give it a shot.

Am astonished to say I have been astonished by this cable! It has, thus far, performed flawlessly. I have had to disconnect the cable several times and I always hold my breath when I reconnect but there has been no problem each time. This cable even managed to remove an irritating feedback hum but that could have been a similar flaw in each of the other cables that crapped out on me.

I highly recommend this iMBAprice product. Excellent performance and a pretty darn good value.
33 comments|141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2013
The product itself is a good product, however note that the extension can cause some loss of volume abilities. In my case, I set this up in a noisy environment where my phone/mp3 player is hard to reach. I needed an extension cable to plug my Bose ear buds into.

When I plug my Bose buds in directly, the sound is fine. When I plug them into this extension, I drop about 1-2 levels of volume. When I plug my Samsung buds in that came with my Galaxy S3, I lose 3 levels of volume. Nothing I can do about it, but it was a little disappointing. It took me some digging to figure out the problem. It's not the cable itself-it's the fact that I'm USING a cable.

The quality of the product is good-I had to wire it into place, meaning i'd not be able to access it easily to remove it easily.
33 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2012
This cord seems to work with most headphones and other stereo cords. The only thing I dislike is that I bought it specifically to work with my Incase headphones, and those seem to be the only brand I can find that this cord doesn't cooperate with. I tried it with other headphones, and it seems to work fine. But, when I use it with my Incase headphones or one of my family members' Incase-brand headphones, then I hear a bunch of distortion and unusual noises. The 4 stars is because it seems to work as described, with the exception of the one brand of headphones I wanted to use it with.

Also, the company sends out emails stating "Currently we are offering another **free** cable (the one you have ordered) if you can help us write a 5* short review on amazon about the product." I think it is unethical to bribe people for better reviews. People often look to these reviews for honest opinions and bribing people for these reviews ruins the reliability of the system amazon has built. Just a warning.
88 comments|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2013
The cable on my Bose Headphones stopped working after 5 years. Order this as a replacement and it works exactly as I had hoped. It's a little thicker than I probably wanted, but there was no deterioration in sound quality.
on March 3, 2013
I am glad I bought this brand instead of one of the other cheaper brands. I have experienced no loss of sound quality whatsoever using these with my Z623 speaker system. It has been a couple months now I have been using this cable extension and I have heard that some of the cheaper brands either lose sound quality or start to get interference after a while of usage. No problems here!
on October 16, 2014
The first 3.5mm female plug that no 3.5mm male plug can fit into. The hole is WAY TO BIG. I have used this 10 times and the only way I can get the plug to stay in is to hold it in place. And you have to hold it in the perfect spot without moving your hand otherwise you only hear from one end of your headphones.

I have many extension cords but this is the first this has ever happened. If you can plug it all the way in sound only works through one side. Never has this happened to me. This thing is junk. I can't use.

Last, after buying this I read a lot of reviews here and I noticed people saying they got a message from the seller offering to mail out another cord for free if they gave it a 5 star rating.

That's why the rating here is so good. The product has a manufacturing problem and it could only take a bribe to give it such great ratings. Yes, when in place it sounds good. But move and goodbye 50% of the sound.

I would bet $100 the people that work in this plant haven't seen a sunrise since the Carter administration because they are blind.
on July 15, 2014
Defective. Have a brand new set of Marshall earphones, plugged it into this cable, and sound only comes out of one of the headphones. Wrestle the connection around, and it will switch from one ear to the other. Pain in the what. Would have mailed it back, but shipping cost doesn't justify it. Sad... I was looking forward to it; it had a great rating and a simply functional cable would have been great! Be sure to check your cable when you get it, test it, and send it back if it's defective!!

UPDATE

Saw this review (below) and it may apply to my issue outlined above:

"UPDATE - I found out that there is technically nothing wrong with this cable other than it is the wrong style to work with my headphones. If you have a standard headset with no microphone, this cable should work fine. Because this cable had 2 rings, it was not connecting properly (through no fault of its own). I called the headphone manufacturer and they explained why. The headphones I have are by Klipsch. They have a built in microphone and thus have a 3 ring, 4 conductor cable. What I really needed was a "3 ring 3.5mm 4 Conductor Mini-Stereo + Mic or Video M/F EXTENSION Cable".

Moral to the story - make sure the extender you purchase has the same number of rings or bands on the tip of the cable"
66 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2014
This cable worked will for 9 months then it started getting a lot of static in the sound. The cable just sits on the desk and doesn't move however I do plug and unplug head phones from it several times a week. Three weeks ago I contacted iMBA for there "lifetime warranty" and they didn't even write back. I'm sure not unlike others, I purchased this because of the reviews and the lifetime warranty but I guess that was just a sales gimmick.

note: I replaced the cable with a BlueRigger and so far it is working great.
on September 4, 2015
It works ok but sometimes if you fidget with he cable you can lose audio on one side. The cable itself is thick and not stiff so it will hang straight down when held up. If you plan to use it for an audio system with the cable remaining untouched it will work fine. If you move around you might be disappointed with this cable. Picture includes a comparison between this products extension cable plug vs my old headphone extension cable. Notice the differences in thickness and size.
review image