Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lenovo Thinkcentre M72e 0967B5U Desktop Windows 7 Pro (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 25, 2013
Short review of the ThinkCenter 72e - I'll update later if any salient issues / comments come.

Comes with Win 7 Pro loaded and the Win 8 recovery disks if one wanted to go in that direction.
A 3 year warranty too.

Solid compact construction yet room for some expansion - very clean inside, relatively open to add other boards or update memory, the last requiring adjusting two components to get better access. Just two thumb screws to take off the side cover.

Quiet. At start up you hear the fan rush - quite loud, but I have not heard it while running - basically silent. I did not realize how noisy my old desktop was until I turned it off to do the setup and updates of this unit for Win7. Shows how we acclimate to our environment - totally surprised on how quiet the machine is. It has reasonable scores on the Windows Experience: Processor 7.5, Mem 5.9, Graphics 4.8, Gaming Graphics 6.3, and HD 5.9 - adding a second 4 GByte dual channel board would improve the memory index. The built in graphics HD 2500 does OK too - not sure one could add a graphic card that offers a lot of improvement in place of it due to the 240 watt supply. Very snappy as is.

The few programs that I have run are noticeably faster, especially the screen updates, especially Google Chrome which is very slow on my other computers, both Win7 and WinXP.

Bottom line, very happy with the purchase. Having Win8 recovery discs for 'free' as an update path is a plus.
on June 10, 2013
I needed a Desktop machine to act as a RIP server for a commercial type Inkjet printer and this more than filled the bill. It starts up fast and launches programs fast, and the RIP software runs quickly without crashes.
I like the fact that it is smaller and with the supplied mount, sits vertically taking up very little desk space.
By the way, I didn't see any documentation on what it comes with so bought a keyboard and mouse, which it comes with.
Also be aware that, like most computer companies, Lenovo packs their own proprietary software and links to their own app store on their machines, which may or may not be a bonus depending on your perspective. I have used their backup software, which allows backups to a network server.
The best part was having everything installed, including the OS. I was able to have the machine set up and running and the RIP software installed within about an hour of pulling it out of the box. I like not having to hassle with OS installs, driver issues, etc. that usually accompany PC installs. Overall it works well and I like Windows 7 OS which is what we ordered with it.
on December 18, 2013
I have been very happy with this computer. It's quiet, compact and works well. I had a tech guy recommend it to me from my office, and it performs well.
on February 25, 2014
Arrived quickly and no problems with installation. Good price for a quality system running Win7. And no bloat ware. Happy so far. I have had good experiences with Lenovo in the past.
on March 3, 2014
When I first installed the system and connected to the internet, I received nothing but pop-ups, even with the pop-up blocker on and security software installed. I called the software help on the Lenovo website and reached a person in India. After 4 hours on the phone with the software support, nothing was resolved and I lost Internet Explorer completely. when the technician was unable to access my computer, he just kept trying to sell me a support program. I then contacted Lenovo and they are sending a disk that is supposed to fix the problem. The reason I purchased the Lenovo is because I have one at work and it works great. I have had several computers and have never had such a frustrating proplem with any of my previous computers, which were all HP.
on February 10, 2014
The size of the tower is exactly what I needed. The option to mount horizontally or vertically is a bonus. PC has worked great.
on March 27, 2014
Works great so far. easy to setup. & easy to transfer all data from old pc to this one with no problems. no complaints
on April 17, 2014
This PC was as described and has been working great as a replacement to the old XP PC, which served as the printer server and only desktop PC (non-wireless device) in our home network. The price and performance are just right.
on May 22, 2013
Well these seem like nice machines but not for an office environment! Additionally, they load all kinds of software that one has to remove to conform to the business environment. Nice form factor and can be used vertically or horizontally. Our base image is Win 7 Pro 64, Office Std, Paperport, Acrobat, Trend AV and AMS 360 (a .net application for insurance agency management). The fan is either off (or really slow) while on sleep and then feels like a turbine the minute the screen comes back on. I was attempting to replace a similarly priced/configured Acer (because I can't get tehm anymore) but, I rather buy a used Acer than this
on April 27, 2014
Set-up and installed this on our network for the boss. Now he's got a workstation that can actually get some work done. Very quiet, plenty fast.