Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD

on April 30, 2013
I had a Sony flip phone since many years with satisfaction. Its battery became bad and I couldn't find any battery replacement.
I bought this Samsung M400 phone because I wanted a "non-smart" flip phone.

- Good reception,
- Good battery,
- Speaker is OK,

- Voice Command button on the left side is bothering and there is no way to deactivate it.
- Voice recognition is really bad. It is practically not usable.
- Display font size is not changeable.
- There is no place for SD card or other memory cards. You can not increase the memory.
- There is no driver for USB connection. You can't transfer photos to your computer, except you send it via email.

I wouldn't recommend this phone to anybody.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2013
My husband and I both got this phone as our upgrade recently. We use our phones only for talking, and need only the most basic features.

Within two months, his phone stopped holding a charge. Unless it was actually on the charger it would not power up. He had to get a new battery from Sprint, and within a week of getting it, started having the same problem again.

My own phone began doing the same thing within days of activation. A trip back to the store resulted in upgrading my settings, but did not solve the problem. As of today we are still without working phones and are about to make our third trip to Sprint.

I'm tempted to believe that phone manufacturers are so busy cranking out smartphones that do everything but wipe your butt for you and cost a fortune, nobody can be bothered to make a reliable, basic phone with quality hardware. Very frustrated and do not recommend this model.
on July 1, 2013
Basic flip phone, but has extremely annoying dedicated 911 button. I can dial 9-1-1, I don't need or want one button solution that can be pressed by accident. I can not fathom why they do not have the ability to disable it.

Kinda pricey for basic phone too. As another reviewer noted, why can't they just sell a reliable basic phone?
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2013
This is my fifth or sixth Sprint phone, and it will be my last. In addition to consistently lousy Sprint service, contending with this phone's various drawbacks only adds insult to injury. The voice quality is so poor I often have to switch to a land line. And the battery runs down virtually overnight. Rated for four hours talk time, I'd be surprised to get one hour. Voice mails are logged at a time six hours off. And the keypad often fails to register.

I've taken the phone to Sprint to have the battery checked, but they tell me it's just fine. But Sprint will not attempt to repair the phone; rather, they offered to send it back to Samsung for a $50 fee.

Don't buy this phone. Keep looking.
on August 24, 2014
I like my Sansung M400.. I want a basic, bar style phone. I'd prefer that to a flip. Just talk, and text. I do not like the voice command button that cannot be disabled! That is the only complaint.. Not long ago it began shutting itself off without warning. Sometimes as much as 6 times a day. I took it back to my Sprint store and it was repaired, no charge, and all is well now. I plan to shop around for a good used phone, probably another M-400, to have on hand for the time when this one gives up the ghost and there are no more basic phones to be had. Not all of us want smart phone, I-phones, pad, etc.
on January 21, 2014
My husband was not happy with the cheap Tracfone that we both had so I bought him this flip phone in July 2013 along with a two year (rip-off) contract.
Like the other reviewers, his does not charge .
He is off to see what Sprint can do for him.
on March 3, 2015
Worst phone we've ever had. One major flaw: you cannot turn off the voice command. Can't wait to replace it and won't even consider Samsung phone.