Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on October 31, 2014
Really hate to write this review as I am a huge fan of Rockport, but this shoe is a huge step down in quality from what I am used to with Rockport. I love the comfort of Rockports, the fact that they are water-proof, and the high quality leather. Unfortunately, the leather for this shoe is stiff, not buttery soft like my other Rockports, making it far less comfortable. Also, the leather has a shiny finish, almost like patent leather. The leather is already very creased after wearing the shoe a half dozen times, much more so than other Rockports in the Men's Essentials line that I've had for a year. To make things worse, the finish seems to be chipping off, as if it was painted on, rather than dyed through the leather. Very disappointed.
on June 16, 2014
I like the style of shoe and the fit was just right. However, in less than 30 days the heel of the shoe came off and I now realize that I have no option to return the defective shoes. I figured that with the quality of Rockport matched with the purchasing and shipping power of Amazon, I couldn't go wrong. If I had purchased from a local store, I could just return them, but what do I do now?
on October 31, 2015
I like the shoes and will keep them. They felt good when I first put them on. I usually wear size 11 Medium width but the first pair I got 11 was too small, I sent them back and got a full refund which is nice and makes you feel more confident to order shoes online. The 11 1/2 felt good so I hit the road outside and walked about 2 miles with no ill effects although they do seem a little stiff. Next day they felt uncomfortable and a little narrow on the little toes. I feel like they will break in a little better. Maybe will update this review when I have put on a few more miles.
11-13-15 starting to break in. I think maybe my feet swell a little when irritated and have returned to normal. I have some black Rockport Wooster Wing Tips with softer less glossy leather size 11 that have been comfortable from day one and continue to be. I still find myself choosing these Essentials for their appearance and they are increasingly comfortable.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 18, 2016
These shoes are fine for general office wear. They are, unfortunately, no where near as comfortable as the older model, which one could wear all day and feel like you had a good tennis shoe on (the "Evander" model). I've owned many, many pairs of this shoes over the years, and it is disappointing that the comfort of the old model has disappeared. They are still generally nice shoes, look fine, and have reasonable comfort, but I don't know if I'll be buying any more in the future.
on November 9, 2015
Got terrible blisters the first day I wore these. Not sure why Rockport has ceased to make shoes in narrow width, as the right width would have avoided this. Tried to find out why they switched to offering only medium and wide widths, but couldn't get a response from Rockport. I've bought their wingtips for 20 years, but I think this is my last pair.
on March 24, 2016
These are about the best leather waterproof dress shoes a man can find for the money. The wide size really is great for a tall/big man. Personal orthotic can replace the provided insole.Highly recommend.
on June 18, 2015
I have bought many pairs of Rockport shoes before. Like all brands the different models with fit differently. This particular pair fit well around the sides but felt loose at the front. I did not want to take the risk of getting blisters from all the loose movement from the shoes. Other than that the shoes looked very nice and we're comfortable in the part that fit inside.
on January 31, 2014
My pair had a strange footbed. It felt extra high opposite the arch on the left, and both had this abrupt drop from the heel that felt like I was standing on a pipe. I tried on 10 pairs of shoes including some Rockports at the strip mall including a different variety of Rockports, so I don't know if it's unique to this style or that particular pair. Anyway, ended up buying a pair of Dockers that were very nearly as nice for half the price. I will say the leather on these looked really rich.
on September 9, 2015
Rockports are constantly the most comfortable dress shoe that I have ever been able to find. I have purchased about 5 otter brands of shoes that were disappointing and did not handle daily use well. I have a narrow foot with high arch and they do not accommodate that very well so I do need to use inserts but they are still far better than most brands.
on November 20, 2013
This is my second pair of Rockport waterproof shoes. These are even more comfortable and designed better than my first pair. I am on my feet all day and these shoes feel great all day.