Top critical review
63 people found this helpful
First the good (and why I just ordered 3 more pair)
on March 5, 2015
I decided to wait a year to write my review. I have 5 pair of these shorts and wear them nearly every day at work.......and often when I'm not at work. I have tried many different brands of shorts over the years. These shorts have some definite obvious pros and a couple of serious cons.
First the good (and why I just ordered 3 more pair).
1. They are comfortable, fit well, and the length is not too short, not too long.
2. Probably the biggest reason for the reorder is the stout zipper and riveted button, I can't tell you how many pairs of shorts I've ripped the button
off of and just decided at that point that they were headed for the trash. I have yet to have a button or snap failure.
3. Pockets snap shut, they don't get all wild like velcro pocket flaps do, and I use them to secure stuff all the time, also the pockets have ample
room for my smartphone, 2 sets of keys, and ample wallet space.
In summary they work very well in terms of fit and function.
Now for the bad, and this just might be a deal breaker........
1. These things fade fast, I mean real fast. In just a year, the brown ones are the same exact color as the tan ones, and the green ones are as
light as the tan.....just in a greenish hue. I never use hot water to wash them, and use gain laundry detergent.
2. They stain easily, and because the color fades so fast, they look like hell in a hurry. 2 out of the 5 pair are no longer presentable enough for
3. The fabric tears at the front corner of the pockets, it would be nice if they were reinforced just at this joint.....lots of shorts "fall short" in this
In summary, I have to say that I would recommend them........and I have purchased more. These are my go to shorts mostly because of the function of the snapping pockets and the fit........but durability is seriously lacking for wearing the Carhartt name. I have several other articles of Carhartt clothing, and these are by far the most delicate. I do also have a pair of the ripstop shorts, that fabric seems to hold up much better and is more colorfast.....but I don't like the way they fit as much, they have a slimmer fit.