Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Canon PowerShot A2600 IS 16.0 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 720p Full HD Video Recording (Black) (OLD MODEL)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on July 28, 2013
This is neither too complex nor oversimplified. It has all the feature I wanted. I get great pictures, easy to get from the camera to my computer. It is small, yet not tiny, very light weight. I really do love it. Great value for the money.
on October 31, 2013
This is my 3rd Canon camera over the course of the last 20 years and I've enjoyed everyone of them. This is easy to operate, turns out quality photos, has a nice zoom, and the Canon software for downloading to your computer works wonderfully. A lot of the new cameras are just too small for my big, shaky hands, and often the settings defy comprehension. Not so with this baby. A beauty of a small camera for a very nice price.
on September 4, 2013
Takes pretty good pictures for the price. Really slow recording speed tho so it takes a while before you can snap your next pic. It is faster if you don't have the auto red eye reduction feature on.
on December 3, 2013
so far this camera does what i want, take pictures. I wanted a simple camera that I could carry around and travel with that if it broke or something it wouldn't be a big deal. I don't travel with my photography equipment all the time because it can be a big hassle with my canon rebel and all my lenses. I have always enjoyed canon and the simple easy to use camera's. all you have to do it turn the camera on and hit the button to take a picture. NO need to figure out what dial to turn for a picture because the camera does it for you. Also the video is simple, press the red button and it starts recording to end the recording hit the red button again.

I would say that anyone can use this camera with it's easy use.
on August 20, 2013
I take a significant amount of photos for my online stores. I am also a photography enthusiast but without a lot of money. I was very pleased that a camera these reasonably priced took such great pictures. The clarity and quality is really good. I'm a happy customer and love the pink! A+++
on September 22, 2013
The camera arrived on schedule and certainly did not disappoint. Easy to use, great photo quality, the various options are easily set. would highly recommend this camera to anyone seeking a quality point and shoot camera.
on October 23, 2013
I got this camera a couple of weeks ago, so this may be a bit premature.

The good;
Primarily I got this camera as a carry-around - something small and something simple. It's small and it's fast with good quality pics.

The not-so-good;
As noted above, I wanted something simple. This is not simple as evidenced by its 124-page manual. What happened to a simple point-n-shoot? For example, I dislike finding which functions allow a forced flash and which don't. I prefer modifying photos on a computer, not on the camera. When I want fancy or complex shooting modes, I prefer my "big" camera. I guess I'm old-fashioned.

It doesn't come with a USB cable. My iMac won't recognize the camera without installing the software - software you have to download after registering the camera. My PC recognizes the camera w/o software.

I shot a couple of short videos. They appeared shaky, most likely from me. No image stabilization, but it is an inexpensive camera.

In short, it does fill my needs with a few inconveniences. The price wasn't bad.
on February 21, 2014
Bought this for a gift for my daughter but she already had 2 other cameras (not hardly as good) and really wanted money so I decided to keep it. When we started using it I let my daughter take some pictures and she really liked it. It is simple to use and setup and takes great pictures for a point & shoot camera. It has a large LCD screen and is visible in most lighting. Still wish it had a view finder for the bright sunshine but it will suffice for now. I think that it is definitely worth the money for a 16 MPx camera.
on January 4, 2014
Not very well made, battery compartment cover was difficult to line up. I just fabricated a new cover. No instructions but I have had other digital cameras and was able to figure this out OK. Cannon is no longer a brand name, just a label for subcontracted junk from China. Would I recommend this camera? Sure, with the caveat of don't expect much for under $100.
on January 18, 2014
We got the A2600 to add a low-cost camera to go along with our Canon PowerShot S100 compact digital camera. The A2600 is a fine point and shoot that performs well and produces quality images. A step up from the A2500, it grows the back display LCD from 2.7" to 3" (diagonal) and adds face recognition capabilities. It appears to be solidly built, and is lightweight, weighing about 5oz. (S100 weighs 7oz). The A2600 has two shooting modes: Auto and Program; it lacks advanced modes like Manual and Aperture and Shutter Preferred modes found on more expensive compacts, which is OK for this level of camera. Overall, I'm pleased with the performance and photo quality, given the lower price point and knowing that it's not my primary, full-function camera.

General Comments:
The 3" diag. LCD screen (2-3/8" x 1-3/4") is bright and sharp, easy to view in daylight conditions. Also, darker scenes are shown with enough detail (although very grainy) to compose a shot. The lens shows slight barrel distortion at wide, middle and 5x zoom levels, comparable to S100 lens. The zoom range is (35mm equiv.): 28mm - 140mm optical, up to 560mm equiv. with added digital zooming. The "Auto" mode decides what kind of picture you're taking (people? bright/dark scene? moving?) and adjusts exposure and focus quickly and appropriately. "Program" mode allows you to adjust exposure (through exposure compensation) and image quality (ASA, image contrast) a bit.

The camera has a number of features found on more expensive cameras, as well as a few special effects modes. Check them out in the camera manual, found online at Canon's website on the A2600 product page, under "Brochures and Manuals."

Pros:
After reading the quick start instructions, basic operations were easy. The manual provides more details, particularly on Auto and Program modes. Color saturation looks good, comparable to the better S100. Image color looked realistic and accurate. I saw negligible to no chromatic aberrations, like R, G or B color bleeds at high-contrast edges. I like the flash and the fact that it’s not a popup. It is sufficiently bright to provide good fill lighting in bright conditions, and gives nice, even lighting to low-light scenes without blowing them out.

For Movies, the lens can be zoomed during recording. Zoom is smooth, but zoom motor is picked up by the microphone. Record button on back panel makes starting movie simple and quick. Record “stop” can be done using the Shutter button, easier than using record button to stop.

Cons:
The maximum equivalent ASA is 1600 (6400 in “low-light” mode – grainy). Image gets "noisy" (looking grainy and non-crisp) in typical room-light conditions, where camera operates at ASA 800 or 1600. This is due to 16MP sensor - a 10-12MP sensor will typically produce better results. Thus, image quality is adequate but not fantastic in low-light. Slight grainy noise also seen at ASA 250, resulting in a slight loss of definition, fine details and edge crispness.

Image processing after taking the picture is much slower than the S100. It takes 2 seconds after pressing the button for the camera to be ready for another shot (tested for 8MB (M1) and 16MB (L) settings.) The S100 takes less than 1 sec.

Many of the niftier functions are buried in menus, making it less likely one will take the time to use these modes. You will probably not navigate to "low-light" mode to capture someone blowing out a candle in a dark room, but take your chances with Program or Auto modes. Fortunately, those easy-to-access modes produce fine results in most cases.

For Movies, the lens zoom noise can be heard in recording (soft scratch-hiss during zoom.) Microphone is centered on the top of the camera, right above the lens. Zoom switch "clicking" may also be recorded.

Summary:
This camera is a fine point-and-shoot and has enough "auto" features to allow you to concentrate on your composition. This is not the best camera to use for huge poster-size prints, but it’s great for uses from e-mails to small photos, calendars, photo books, and even 8" x 10" pictures. Have fun with the camera - make your own test shots in various modes that you're likely to use, and find the quickest way to achieve the shot you want.