Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Shopping for watches online is tricky: Pictures are never quite true to life, and you just can't tell the quality by a photo. I was very pleasantly surprised by this Stuhrling Men's Watch. It's just lovely; elegant, stylish and noticeable, in a good way. The dial is easy to read (even for older eyes, my Dad would like at add) and the nice band straps securely and comfortably. We tested the watch in various water situations, including cleaning off dive equipment in a pool all day, and it handled every situation just fine. The bonus tan strap is fine, not a personal favorite, but the black strap is regal looking and we got quite a lot of complements on the piece. Easy to use, easy to wear, really just flawless. Until you come to the manufacturing.

This watch is made in China. The makers of the watch would really like you to not think about that. The words "Swiss" are plastered all over their promo materials that accompany the watch, as if just saying the word Swiss overcomes the watch not being made in actual Switzerland. The little info sheet inside the handsome watch case states : "Our factory is SWISS OWNED and run with strict Swiss supervision with the overriding mission of maintaining the high standards previously set in Switzerland." For me, this conjures up a mental image of long rows of hapless workers making watches 15 hours a day as a Swiss man "supervises" them from neon-lit office. Icky. Swiss watches should be made in Switzerland, or not referred to as "Swiss" over and over. Companies move production to cheaper countries, but they do not pass on the savings to us, the consumers. They just make a better profit. The deceptive wording on the promo materials annoyed me enough to dock the product an entire star.

In conclusion, the watch is beautiful. I will post an update if we encounter any quality issues down the road. Your Stuhrling Men's Classic Swiss Quartz Watch, not made in Switzerland, is worth in my estimation 3/4 of the full retail price. If see it for less and it suits your needs, recommended (with ethical reservations) and rated:

GRADE: B+
66 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2014
I have liked Stuhrling watches for some time now. They look very classy and stylish and look like they could be very expensive. This is a great all around watch. I usually only wear watches when I am going out socially. I wear this one along with the same watch with a blue band and white face. Always get compliments on them.

This watch stopped keeping time after about three months. I contacted Amazon and they replaced it and I had a brand new one in my hands the next day. Gotta love Amazon customer service. New one is working just fine.
on July 10, 2013
Got the watch in the mail a month ago and was a little skeptical because the reviews said it was Made in China. The watch looks great and the face is sleek and simple. But after 2 weeks, the watch stops and starts constantly. I am not sure if the gears are mis-functioning or if it is a battery issue. So, currently, the watch was a waste. Do not buy.
on June 24, 2014
The watch looks nice and I like the ease of changing the band. After a couple of months of use, it started losing time. I was shocked that the battery was so weak for a new watch so I went to have it replaced. It worked fine for about a week and then started acting up again. I contacted customer service who told me to send it in to them for repair and include $20 for shipping. I think they should fix it for free and provide a free shipping label since the problem is theirs. I will just drop it in the trash and buy something more reliable.
on January 28, 2016
I love this watch, for less than $60 I got a classy looking watch that has gotten me so many compliments. It doesn't look cheap but it also doesn't try so hard as to give away the fact that it's not high end. The black alligator band looks very classy. I've also dropped it a few times and whereas the last watch I had, a Timex was damaged on the first fall, this one doesn't even have any mark of not being out of the box besides the wrinkle on the band where I wear it. Overall great investment.
on August 6, 2013
First of all, beware of the fake "list price" -- the documentation included with the watch confesses that it's not a real price. That point aside, this watch is easily worth the Amazon price.

The face is large, beautiful, and the crystal is made of some synthetic very hard mineral. This is also described more fully in the information booklet that comes with the watch. I've been wearing this nearly every day for a month, and the crystal is completely unscratched. Seems to keep pretty good time.

Update #1 after about 3 months: The crystal is slightly scratched now. Not sure exactly what I scratched it on, but it's definitely not scratch-proof. The scratches are light, and are only slightly annoying. The watch stopped working once, but started up again just fine after I reset the time. Not sure what to make of that. (Reducing rating to 4 stars.)

Update #2 after 7 months: The watch took a fall from about nine inches onto a ceramic tile floor. It seemed to be fine, but then it stopped working about a half hour later. I tried to reset the time, but the hands are very difficult to turn. Clearly the watch is now history. I'll keep my rating at 4 stars, because I shouldn't have dropped the thing. But I'm disappointed that it was so easily damaged.
on July 14, 2015
Since i travel quite a bit i wanted a watch i could readily see the time and it looked good...i got both with the Stuhrling! It is very basic but stands out and i have has several people comment on it.
on June 23, 2014
I only have this for a few days and I will update it if anything happens.
The watch looks nice (not expensive!). although, You should consider that it is not small, slim or light. If you look for a simple affordable watch for a grown up man, this can be a good option.

UPDATE: it does not keep the date, I will contact warranty and will update the review
Their warranty is not good and they do not offer shipping for their defective watches
on September 28, 2014
had the watch for about a week now and has kept time almost perfectly. the one downside to this watch are the bands, hey are not very low quality but they could be better. i would not mind if they increased the price a few dollars for a better quality band.
on January 22, 2016
My everyday watch and i love it. Not my favorite watch in my collection but has gotten the most compliments and reactions from people. Keeps date and time perfectly. I used a black NATO strap with silver hardware to compliment the case.