Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on September 5, 2014
The camera is outstanding. The gadgetry that comes with this setup is mostly cheap, poor quality stuff. The tripod is the worst of the lot. It's so flimsy I wouldn't put that expensive camera on it. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for the accessories, otherwise I would have been very upset. If you don't need the "stuff" just buy the camera - you'll be glad you did.
on March 20, 2015
Camera by itself is very good.The lens's are also good as well as the filters. The other stuff was not what I thought it would be mostly poor quality stuff. The external microphone did not work at all. The tripod is too weak, and unstable. the light is very bright but it should be white light because the blue light gives off the wrong color. Also the box that it comes with does not hold all the stuff. cleaning kit is good though. I just wish the microphone would have been a lot better. Overall buy is not that bad.
on March 12, 2016
I really love this camcorder. It was easy to figure out how to use. I did read the instructions. I downloaded in pdf form in order to read in a bigger print. The camera has so much to offer and experiment with. It takes great video and picks as well.
I feel like a film producer roving around taking pictures of everything. The biggest thing is I purchased two wasabi battery packs which give the camera a longer time to be able to video. It is a larger camcorder than the ones that are in the $200.00 range and I use the strap to keep around my neck.
This was a great purchase. I absolutely love Amazon for giving me the opportunity to purchase.
on January 2, 2014
How did I come by this product?
My parents informed me they had bought this camera and needed me to teach them how to use.

Who am I to tell you what to expect? What is my review based on?
I am familiar with technology in general and have tons of gadgets. However, I am not familiar with video camera or video editing software.

Liked:
The camera video quality is stellar, which I supposed is to be expected from such level of equipment.
The gear in this particular purchase works well, although I am sure my parents won't use half of them. The 64gb SD card should be good for some 8 hours of recording.
There are 2 slots for SD cards, which amounts to a whole lot of recording space.
Touch screen menu is handy, and the menus themselves are intuitive, for a high tech product. They can be a bit overwhelming for casual users though.

Didn't Like:
* Exporting videos from the camera to the machine using SD Card. I have not tried in windows, but even in macs I have had mixed results. Image capture doesn't work, neither does simply opening the SD Card. Internet guides advise to plug the whole camera to the machine, but come on... that is stupid. On macs you can simply right click and choose "show contents" on the huge file on the SD and keep drilling down this way until you find all the video files.
* Videos not in a format that every player understand. I can see why one would want professional format video, but again, from a casual point of view having to convert videos to pass them around, or make them playable in general, is a pain. The new Imovie is smart enough to process them, but for my parents I really wished videos were recorded in mpeg or avi and thats it.
* Zoom is too fast. My parents have been struggling with zoom speed.

Conclusion:
I am sure this is a great piece of hardware. The video quality is great, and it is as cumbersome to carry as a DSLR camera (different form factor, but roughly same volume), which is not bad. It is just not what my parents wanted, and I believe the same should be true for casual users that just want to record and share movies promptly, or transfer files from the SD directly to their machines.
on March 11, 2015
I have to say that just opening the box was a wow factor! Everything that came with the camera. I was overjoyed! I can't wait to use it after it charges.
on June 9, 2014
the camera works great, when you put all the components together on the tripod (microphone and light and camera) a bit wobbly /unstable.
on May 14, 2016
Excellent investment for taking videos and I took my daughter's wedding videos with this and all got amazed with the quality.
on June 27, 2015