Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on June 7, 2014
I wished I had something more to go by when I was online ordering this shirt, only read a few reviews telling me it was too small and they gave only their height and weight, what good is that, they could be pear shape and the shirt just did not fit them at the bottom... Well here is my tale of the tape of this shirt on my body type....I ordered the XXL (Asian size).... My chest size is 46 in, the shirt size ( laying flat measured with a measuring tape) at the chest from arm pit to arm pit was 21in x2= 42in,, .....my arms at the biceps are 16in, the shirt size at the arms, in the sleeves are 7in x2= 14in.. My neck size is 16.5in, shirt size is the same, ... The length of the sleeves are ok I'm a 35in. ( from the back of my neck to my wrist ) and the sleeves are at my wrist on this shirt....... my height is 6ft2in tall --the length of this shirt fell just below my waist, the length of the shirt measured from the arm pit to the bottom of the shirt was 16in. , The length of the shirt from the top of the shoulder to the bottom of the shirt is 26in..........the width of the shirt was ok, wished it was tighter, My waist is 32in and the shirt was 19.5in x2= 39in wide at the bottom.... Over all the sizes they gave are a bit misleading, I did order the largest shirt they had 2XL= us xl (not)....more like a big medium... Online this shirt says "stretchy" Well not enough to fit me, I had hope it was stretchy at the waist to show off my abs, not the case... I will say I liked the shirt that's ,why I ordered it, just that this shirt does not come in my size. Too bad, I thought it had found a shirt that I did not have to alter to fit me... But if they ever make a size 3XL ( Asian sizes ) I'm there.. I hope this review helps others with the issue of sizing...
on March 29, 2014
I'm 5'9", 155 lbs so according to the sizing chart a L (US M) should fit me perfectly. Not even close. I spent another $20 having it tailored and it's still way too small. Very disappointing, as it's a really cool shirt. I disagree with the reviews which describe the material as unacceptably cheap. It's thin stretchy material, it's fine. I may order another, but this time it will be XL or maybe even XXL.
on June 13, 2014
All TheLees stuff is cut with a slim fit that is slimmer than what most USA/EU brands mean by "slim fit", but this shirt runs even smaller than other shirts from TheLees and isn't actually cut to the measurements they advertise.

I have a few TheLees shirts that I like and that fit - I buy XX-Large / US X-Large and that is normally a good fit for me at 6'1", 190 lbs, 44-45" chest. In this shirt, the XXL is too small across the chest - the center button strains and the fabric across the chest creases. This is despite me going directly to TheLees website, locating this exact shirt (N330-BLACKWHITE) and verifying that the chest should have been fine - it says 44.1"-45.7" chest. But the shirt is simply not cut to that size; I measured and it's 42" tops.

Also, inside the white contrast cuffs, several lose black threads are visible inside each cuff. It looks like someone was sewing the cuff on, didn't bother to cut off the excess thread, and just stitched the cuff together with the threads still loose. I can't trim them off because they are sewn inside of the cuff. And they are pretty obvious at a glance - someone would notice if they were looking at your hand/wrist because you were passing them a business card, drink or whatever.

It's a nice design, but give this shirt a pass unless you are not only slim but also narrow-chested, and you can avoid the possible cuff issue through buying another color or not wearing the cuffs that way.
on September 23, 2014
The Lee's idea of sizing charge confuses and vexes me. I'm a US Medium (sometimes Small, depending on the brand), and I had to order an XL size for this shirt to get something that kinda fits me - and the XL size is supposed to be the equivalent of a US Large.
Even then, it is somewhat tight on the chest. Not enough for it to be a problem, but enough that you feel it, and it can be uncomfortable but you get used to it really quickly. However, eating while wearing this shirt will make you feel like you're about to burst out of it like the Hulk.
And, of course, it is very tight on the arms even if the chest and abdomen are okay.

That's another thing you'll instantly notice once you put it on: The material feels like paper thin, like it's going to tear any second, especially if you move too suddenly (like, say, dancing). I think you can ignore that feeling, as it's surprisingly durable and with no tears despite my constant use.

And I DO use it often, because despite its drawbacks it's a really great shirt that makes me look hot. And that's what it's all about, ain't it?
on April 22, 2014
Measure carefully according to the charts provided by the seller and not the Amazon sizing charts. I was a little concerned about measuring for the length of the sleeves because the seller's charts are for the length of the sleeve from the shoulder seam to the edge of the cuff which means you have to guess where that shoulder seam is going to fall if you were to try it on. (The proper sleeve measurement is taken from the spine, center neck, to the wrist.) The young man that this shirt is meant for is very skinny, very tall, long arms, so we usually have to buy a larger size to get the sleeves to fit, then it is too loose around the middle. That was not the case with this shirt which did fit the proper length in the sleeves as well as around the middle. The length of the shirt could stand to be a little longer, but he didn't have much trouble keeping it tucked in. The shirt is thin, and he did try to wear a t-shirt underneath, but the arm holes are too narrow and he found the shirt to be bunching up uncomfortably under his arms. It is still requiring an undershirt, but I think a tank would be better than a tee.
on July 11, 2014
The sizing information was easy to follow so that I could get what would fit, and it fits very well on me. I'm a walking stick being a scrawny 120 pounds at around 5 feet 10 inches, so I ordered the Medium/US Small. The material is comfortable and looks pretty nice. I've noticed other reviews saying that the material looks and feels "cheap" but it seems just fine to me. The shirt looks very close to the product image, so I am unsure of what people are disappointed about. The design is certainly eye-catching if you want to stand out in a crowd, and is perfect if you want a "dressier" casual look. Pair it with some fitted, dark-wash jeans and you are good to go.
on September 1, 2014
I wish I'd taken the reviews here more seriously when they said it runs small (not just slim-fit).
I bought this as a gift because I loved the design & it looks very flattering in the photo. But I was shocked with the shirt I received.
First of all there was a very bad glue-like smell of chemicals as soon as I opened the bag. The shirt is too small (XXL did not fit a person who usually wears dress-shirt size 17). It's also a bit short (seems more like child's clthes rather than adult). The fabric is stiff & very thin (you can see through it), & does not stretch at all.
It was a disappointment because the design is nice, yet the application is horrible, & overpriced.
on March 25, 2015
Bought the black and white, washed it in gentle cycle and cold water by itself. The white came out off-white. Maybe the black bled slightly and affects the white. For sizing warning, This item was purchased for a female who is 5'4", about 110 lbs with a "martini glass" shape: a wide shoulder and relatively flat and narrow everywhere else. XL fits comfortably - granted not form-fitting, but the material isn't made for body-hugging fit. Read the size chart.
on April 24, 2014
I have bought many a things from this brand and I though I had the sizing down but this shirt ended up being two sizes too small. The other issue I have is that the shirt is hella thin. In the picture it looks like a regular dress shirt but the shirt is literally transparent. Yes it is stretchy. This is more of a park or beach shirt than it would be to wear around the city or to work. Also trying to return it was nearly impossible because UPS wouldnt send it back and I had to fill out a customs form for USPS because I couldnt get ahold of DHL to send it back and it would of ended costing the same price to ship it back as the shirt. I will continue to buy from then but I'll stick to what I have already purchased before like the jackets and vests.
on May 15, 2015
I am 170 some odd pounds at 5'8" guy and I will need to order the extra large. This is an okay shirt for slim guys, which I am not.

Pros: awesome pattern makes a slender guy look slim
Stretchy
Good length (not a tucking shirt)

Cons: Material is practically diaphanous, necessitating an undershirt

Verdict: I really want to order the next size because the pattern is phenomenal, but I just can't justify 26 usd (at time of purchase) on such thin material.

See 1 answered question