Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 25, 2013
If you are reading this, chances are that you have heard about the galaxy s4 and that it is a very real possibility for your next phone. I will go in depth into the features of this phone and I will compare it to the S4.

Design: this is the reason why I chose this phone. The industrial design is second to none. It is beautiful, smooth and cool to the touch. The "chamfered" edges and curved back allow you to have a good grip on the phone while also allowing it to nestle into your palm. The phone has an aluminum unibody, but requires plastic so that the radios can get reception. To mold this plastic into the unibody, HTC uses a gapless manufacturing process that molds it perfectly into the aluminum. Let me say this: the time that was spent designing this phone and the manufacturing detail that went into crafting it is absolutely marvelous and shows when you hold and use the phone. The lines are clean and the phone has a premium feel in your hand. The only little issue I have with the design is that the home button placement and power button are kind of awkward to hit in normal use. You have to move your hand up and down the phone in order to reach them, but you do get used to this quickly. A small thing about the design: Sprint did not place any carrier branding on this phone making it look much more clean. Bravo Sprint! The Galaxy S4 uses a polycarbonate body. I personally don't have anything against plastic. However, the S4 has a smooth finish that makes the phone feel greasy when you hold it from the oils that accumulate on the surface. My last phone was a Galaxy S2 (with textured plastic so the oils didn't accumulate) and I loved it because I never worried about damaging it. I can't say the same for the One. I always fear that if I drop it, the phone will dent or scratch which will be very noticeable. However, my love for the gorgeous aluminum body and precise manufacturing far outweighs the fears that linger in the back of my mind of damage.
10/10
Display: the HTC one features an LCD 3 1080p display. What does that mean? It has as many pixels as your HDTV crammed into a 4.7-inch screen. The colors on this phone are accurate and pleasant to look at. Coming from an AMOLED screen (what is on the s4) to an LCD was a very big change. An AMOLED screen has much more vibrant and saturated colors, whereas the LCD has more true-to-life colors. Honestly to me, I really like the accuracy in colors and sharpness that the One provides. The S4 will provide the same sharpness, just with more vibrant colors. Truth is, more people like the AMOLED than the LCD, but it is all person preference. Here is what I can say: like the design, I believe that this screen is incredible and second to none. The color reproduction and sharpness just cannot be matched by other display technologies.
10/10
Camera: Here is where I begin to get mixed feelings about the phone. People argue "it's not 4 megapixels, it's 4 ULTRApixels.." Here is the truth: yes it is ultra pixels, but ultra is just a marketing term used to make people not look down on the fact that it is 4 megapixels and a megapixel is a megapixel. The fact is that the megapixel is the only metric that a consumer has ever been taught to gauge a camera by and more megapixels does not mean better images. In fact, a 4 megapixel camera takes a 2240 x 1680 picture. That is a good deal larger than a 1080p display. So what is the advantage of an ultrapixel over a megapixel? The answer is light. I won't bore you with the science of it all, but basically each pixel allows 300% more photons to be absorbed by the sensor, which leads to crisper images. Every pixel on the HTC one gets a more accurate snapshot of what it is photographing. Another advantage of the ultrapixel is since it lets in more light, it takes incredible lowlight shots. Where other cameras see darkness, the One can get a clear image. If you want to just use your phone to capture images for Facebook, instagram, snapchat, or even to show on a 1080p screen, the HTC will perform better than almost any phone on the market. However, if you want to edit your photos in something like photoshop or zoom in really far on them, this isn't the best camera. So the advantages of the One's camera: excellent image quality for the pixels that it has, phenomenal low light performance, rapid snapshots and fast storage. The disadvantages: it is only 4 megapixels. I have really mixed feelings about it. It is certainly a great camera, but I really wish that it could capture higher resolution. I cannot ignore, however, the amazing technological feat that is the ultrapixel and I applaud HTC for taking the phone in this unique direction. This camera at 8 megapixels would be the best smartphone camera to ever exist, but as it stands now, it is only good.
7/10
Reception, radios, and call quality: I have to be fair, my last phone, the S2, held onto a signal like no other phone. Maybe it is just the stark contrast of going from a phone that did such an excellent job to an average phone, but I have to say I am really underwhelmed by reception. I still can get reception almost anywhere, and this truly is not a large problem. This phone has a plethora of radios within: NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, wifi a/c (newest standard that I am impressed was included; makes this phone future proof for wifi), an IR blaster to control your TV, GSM (yes, GSM!) radios for global roaming, standard sprint CDMA radios, and 1900mhz LTE radios. I am really let down that sprint and HTC only have 1900mhz radios inside of this phone for LTE, and let me explain why. As Sprint builds out their 4G LTE network, they will be deploying in two frequencies: 1900 and 800. 1900 has its own set of advantages, but one disadvantage is that it doesn't have the best building penetration, 800 on the other hand does. By not including a networking technology that they will be deploying next year, HTC one buyers will have to "enjoy" a poorer network experience inside of buildings in comparison to those with 800mhz radios in their phones. This isn't a deal breaker, and 95% of the people with this phone wont even know the difference. Call quality is superb. What makes it so great is the noise cancelation that this phone has. I was in a crowded concrete stairwell and was practically shouting into my phone to overcome the perceived noise around me. The person on the other end asked why I was doing that. The noise cancellation was so good that they could hear me, even when I was talking in a normal voice. Props for that HTC. So for this lengthy section here is the rundown: lots of good radios, many future proof, but no 800mhz LTE, reception is acceptable but not exceptional, and call quality is superb.
8/10
Performance: This phone is seriously overpowered. It has a 1.7ghz quad core processor, that is more processing power than most computers have. Couple that with 2 gb of ram and you have a powerhouse. Combined with the very well optimized software, there is no hint of lag anywhere.
10/10
Software: HTC sense. Well it is sense. Some like it, some don't. I will probably root my phone and put on a stock rom. For those who don't though, this software is very clean and modern looking and also very optimized for the hardware so the system shows no lag. One thing is for sure: it is much better than touch wiz (samsung's software). My one minor quibble: the one is not running the most recent version of android, but that truly isn't a big deal as it has almost all of the same software features as 4.2.
9/10
Battery life: This phone has been regularly lasting me all day and I will plug it in when I get home at night or go to bed. I haven't really had any trouble with it, although others complain that they do.
9/10

Marketed specs: what's a gimmick and what is useful?
Ultrapixels: Useful. They capture incredibly crisp photos even though the megapixel count is low.
Zoe: Gimmick. I have yet to find a good use for this. If I want a bunch of high-resolution photos, I would just do the rapid capture and choose my best shot.
Blinkfeed: A useful gimmick. There are times when I go to blink feed to quickly get a look at news, but should it be your default home screen? No.
Boom Sound: USEFUL. This is one of my favorite features of the phone. Let me start by saying, I HATE beats. Beats in and of itself is the larges gimmick of all, it is just a customized audio filter. However, on the One HTC optimized the speakers and beats to work very well together. The result: The BEST phone speakers that you have ever heard. Is this a viable substitute for a good pair of headphones? Of course not. Will this sound FAR better, louder, and more dynamic that any other phone on the market? Hell yes.
IR Blaster: Useful. You can use this as a remote with your TV. I have mine set up and it is really useful when I cannot find the remote or when I am using my phone while watching TV.
Sense voice: Useful. The noise cancelation is really useful when on the phone.

Summary: The HTC one has quite a few competitors: the Nexus 4, iPhone 5, and Galaxy S4. For people looking into an android phone today it will probably come down to the S4 vs the One. Here are MY PERSONAL thoughts on it. The HTC One delivers many useful features with only a few gimmicks. Samsung on the other hand also has many useful features, but they also have many others that are gimmicks. Many of them make for a good sales pitch in a store but are impractical in day-to-day usage. The one area where the Galaxy S4 does win however, is on specs. It has a marginally better processor, slightly more modern ram, some additional sensors, and a larger battery. However, and this is my personal opinion, where the phone does not excel is in design. And this is why I chose the HTC one. Both have more than adequate power to get you through a two-year contract, but the One has the look and premium feel that you will enjoy for that contract. Will you like a Galaxy S4 if you get it? You probably will, but when compared to the superb design of this phone, I just think that it falls short. My honest advice? If you know what the difference between DDR3 Ram and DDR2 Ram, go ahead and get the Galaxy S4. If you have no idea what that it and enjoy a beautiful, clean device that is packed with features but not gimmicky, spring for the HTC One. I'm sure glad that I did.
Averaged score: 9/10 (rounds up to 5 stars)

Update 7/27/13: After 3 months of ownership, I have found my major quibbles with this phone. The one thing that I REALLY dislike about this phone is how loud the vibration is. Vibration is supposed to be a subtle thing, not something that is as loud as your ringtone (slightly exaggerated, but not by much). My other quibble is that the chamfered edge of this phone is incredibly prone to scratching. I have my phone in hand a lot, so often I will accidentally hit it on something. Those hits have translated into scratches. They aren't major scratches, but I am obsessive about the appearance of my device, so it really bothers me. Just figured I would let you guys know. I still feel the same about everything else about this phone and would highly recommend it!
1111 comments| 255 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2013

7/10
8/10
9/10

Marketed specs: what's a gimmick and what is useful?
Sense voice: Useful. The noise cancelation is really useful when on the phone.

Averaged score: 9/10 (rounds up to 5 stars)

55 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
What is there to say about this phone? If I just write about it, I'm just going to ramble on and on. So to save everyone some grief, here are bullet points (my direct comparisons are to the iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2, but mainly to the Galaxy S4):

The Good:

1) THE SCREEN: If there was such a better screen on a phone, I have not yet seen it. The iPhone 5 is lauded for its excellent screen, but at its current resolution, it trails behind the One's screen by far. Everything just POPS out at you. Even in direct sunlight, everything is CLEAR and BRIGHT. I really loved the Droid DNA/HTC Butterfly's screen, but once again HTC has outdone itself and given us a true masterpiece in 4.7" 1080p(468ppi) form. This is THE BEST screen on the planet right now - WOW!!!

2) THE DESIGN/HARDWARE: Why do most reviewers laud the iPhone 5's aluminum construction so much, when it chips and nicks so easily?? If you want a true masterpiece in design and craftsmanship, look no further. The One feels THICK and TOUGH. I don't have to worry about carrying this around case-less(except from drops, which is a whole other case). I will not be worried about this phone nicking and scraping like the iPhone 5. Personally, it may not have the flair of some of the Sony and Nokia phone of the past, but in totality the One has the best combination of design and craftsmanship. It oozes style and sophistication(*cough*Samsung*ahem*).

3) THE DUAL FRONT-FACING SPEAKERS: We have all been desensitized to the modern smartphones nowadays with their crappy, tinny, mono speaker. I remember the days of the Nokia n95 and n84 with their stereo speakers - whatever happened to phones after that? Whoever agreed to a mono/solo speaker with all the smartphones thereafter?? FINALLY, someone has the senses to come back to reality - thank you, HTC!. Trust me, your ears will thank you and you will realize all phones should have been made like this. Especially when you use ringtones/alerts that were specifically created for this phone, the sound is loud, immersive, expansive, and POPs into your ears. It's simply a re-revolution.

4) THE CAMERA: I don't use my phone camera to make prints from photos, I have my dedicated cameras for that. So to me, the paramount function of phone cameras is the convenience/accessibility - it has to be able to capture what I want quickly and clearly, with decent enough quality to post online. Therefore, the 4MP size in the One's camera does not bother me at all. Who cares if the camera isn't THE BEST phone camera ever? Because it is not, but it is a GREAT low-light shooter, and to me that's more important than pixel count. The sensors in the camera are bigger than other phone cameras, therefore, it can capture a lot more light, which in laymen's terms it can give you better photos in more situations than other phone cameras can. Also, the touch spot focus is almost instantaneous - this camera is quick, quick, quick!

5) For a near 5-incher, it's quite svelte, at least at the girth. It's easier to hold in the hand than the Samsung Galaxy S3/S4, and for sure a heckuva lot better than the Note 2. It fits in your hands nicely and securely, with just the right combination of size, weight, and balance.

6) The UI and software design is now very minimal and simplistic. For better or for worse, if you are used to the old Sense UI's, you will need some readjusting. Personally, I like this new one better. If you're a casual news reader, then you'll like new default home screen which displays a gathering of news sources - some of its own partners, some for your Facebook and Twitter, etc. - to form a Flipboard style of news reader. Personally, I'm a huge Pulse news reader fan, so I only use that.

The Bad and Ugly:

1) The battery is only 2300mAh - I wish it was bigger because I'm one of those paranoid people who always needs my phone at fully charged, just in case, of you know, something. But so far it's been holding steady at about 40% at the end of the day(from 9am-6pm). I check emails, read the news, text, Facebook, etc. throughout the day - I would say that I'm a moderate to heavy user. Another bad thing that I've noticed is it charges slower than most other phones.

2) Comparing features with the Samsung S4, the One is lacking. It's not a deal breaker, but for those who like fancy functions, the One will not make you as happy. The HTC One is very simple in its feature set. The one feature I miss most from the new Samsung phones is Smart Stay, where the phone can sense that you're looking at the screen, and won't dim/turn off the screen - that was a HUGE convenience for when you're watching a movie or reading the news.

3) Like I wrote earlier, the size is both good and bad, and it's also heavier than most similar phones. It's taller than the S4, and with the power button up on top, it's almost impossible to do one-hand phone operations without shifting your hand up and down to accommodate both the screen gestures and buttons. The buttons(power and volume) don't protrude enough to make it easy to press them.

All in all, I feel the combination of the One's screen, design/craftsmanship, and audio experience trumps over the Samsung S4's fancy functions. The S4's screen is almost just as good - AMOLED screens are known for their deep blacks and saturation, while the One's is much better in direct light. The S4 has a higher MP camera, therefore able to take better photos in broad daylight, while the One's camera is more versatile and MUCH better in low light conditions. The One has a much better audio experience, while the S4 gives you better convenience with its features - userability goes to the S4 for sure.
But in the end, considering the totality of things, I feel the HTC One provides me the best TOTAL experience, and is the king of the smartphones right now.
on September 21, 2013
Dear Amazon Customers,

I will make this as detailed and as Short as physically possible. at the end of the post I will also Answer some questions asked about this product.

So, Let us start.

Design/Body:
This phone comes in a almost Coco-Cola Red Fully Aluminum body. it is all one piece so there are no cracks or seems in the phone at all. it is ice cold to the touch. The phone comes with fully rounded corners and Gorilla Glass 2 which stands up to scratchs and drops pretty nicely. However, on that subject. Let me be perfectly clear. This phone is Beautiful. You may feel the need not to put a Case on it. However, I STRONGLY suggest that you Buy a Case for it as this phone is so sleek. it will go from being a phone to a boomerang instantly. the First day I had this phone I dropped it around 8 times. The best way I think of describing this as it is like holding a wet bar of soap. So, Please I know you will LOVE the look of this phone so much you wouldn't want to put a case on it. But, either invest in a case or a Protection plan from both Sprint and Amazon. You will need it. This, also brings me to the next subject.

Protection:
The phone comes with Gorilla Glass 2 and a Fully Aluminum body. Since, Some people may be worried about how the phone will standup against you scratching it with your keys or throwing it across the room while failing to run from invisible Zombies (excising). Let me put your mind at rest. This phone and it's design can take a beating. I must of dropped,thrown,scratched this phone a good 30 - 50 times since buying it.. all from different feet. Sometimes on pure concrete, hard wood floors, corners of the side-walk. this phone has yet to have been scratched or damaged. (I Loved the look of the phone I did not get a case but a Protection plan from Sprint and Amazon.)

Screen Size: it is a 4.7'inch screen. this is probably the perfect size. I have HUGE hands and it fits fine for me. I would not go larger as this already has trouble fitting into pockets. a 5 inch or bigger will not fit into pockets very well.

Screen Clarity: The screen is a Beautiful! I had Samsung products all my Life and was jealous about the Clarity and True-to-Life colors of the IPhones. This phone Actually, Beats the IPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy S4 Display and Clarity by Far. This phone has currently the highest DPI in any phone on the market.

Camera: it comes with a Front and Back camera. This was my issue with this phone. Both cameras are "Okay" I am not looking to be a photographer with a smartphone. But, Honestly. the Ultrapixel marketing term is a joke. Yes. it has a Great Sensor built into the Camera. It takes "Great" looking Night shots. However, I believe they looked over a lot of things needed for the Camera to have made this a "Great Camera Smartphone"

Software: Well, Besides Sprints "bloatware" there really wasn't much of a problem Software wise. Some people do not like Sense UI. I have never had it before and Honestly. I thought it was Fine. I quite enjoyed seeing a News feed constantly updated on the front page of my phone.

Hardware: Great! it is running a tad-bit smaller processor then the Galaxy S4 However, the performance between the two will not be noticeable at all.

Battery Life: Absolutely Horrible! Please HTC.. (and every other Smartphone maker) Please design better and bigger Battery's. I don't want to have to charge my phone every 2 hours. On a Good note: it last longer then my Galaxy S4. On a Bad note: Galaxy S4 has a Replaceable battery, This does not.

Storage Space: it comes with 32GBs(depending on the model) I find this to be used up quickly(at least for me) since I store a lot of digital copies and music and photos on my phone.

Questions and Answers:

Does this phone come Unlocked:
This phone does NOT come Unlocked. it is Locked to Sprints CDMA Network. The only Unlocked version of this phone comes in White: http://goo.gl/ihkA05

Is this Phone Global Ready:
No, this phone does not have a SIM Card Slot and is Not Global Ready.

Does this phone have expanded storage(SD Card Slot):
This phone does NOT have a SD Card Slot. (I wish it did)

Does this phone have a extended or expanded battery:
This phone has neither. You cannot open the battery compartment. So, you cannot remove the battery at all.

Can this phone be rooted:
Sprints version of this phone to be rooted is Extremely tedious. I would not say difficult. Just, time consuming.

Can this be used on Other Networks:
No. This phone is Locked to Sprints CDMA Network.

If you have any questions. Feel free to reply to this review and I will Answer it as soon as possible.
Take Care & God Bless
-Austin M.
44 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

The Bad and Ugly:

44 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2013
I have owned every iPhone with the exception being the 3GS. I was waiting for a phone to come out on the Android platform that warranted my attention, and the One was able to sway me to try it out. I am quite happy that I switched. Although iOS is 'stable', the Android OS has become pretty polished, and this phone handles multitasking like a beast. Aesthetically it is more impressive of a design than my iPhone 5 was, but most of all I absolutely love the Super LCD3 screen. The blacks looks amazing, and the color saturation is phenomenal. Make no mistake, this is the best phone on the market, period. The S4 will be great but it is lacking immersive sound reproduction along with exquisite materials. If HTC can market this phone right it deserves to outsell anything else on the market. The iPhone 5S will probably have a quad core in it, but essentially the screen is staying at 4 inches, and really will not offer anything to make me miss having an iPhone. Since most of the apps that I use on a daily basis are available on Android, the switch was pain-free. HTC also has the sync software designed to transfer information over from your iPhone to the One, along with other manufacturer phones.

The camera has been working really well. The built in Zoe feature, along with the filters make it easier to not have to use third party apps for basic photo editing/enhancement. HTC plans to push an update out to improve how the image saturation looks. Basically all of the 'quirks' with this phone are fixable through software- and that is a good thing.

The BoomSound is great, music sounds a lot more immersive than it did on my iPhone. You can turn off Beats Audio and compare for yourself. Surprisingly, the provided earbuds sound really good. I wasn't expecting much from them, but they have decent sound stage and good low's.

So far I have had zero lag on switching programs, having a bunch of apps open, and trying my best to boggle this thing down. Hardware wise this thing is on-par with the S4. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it features support for 802.11ac! The sense UI does not bother me at all. I could see why some Android purists wouldn't want it, but the tiles for social media make it fun and easy to find different social feeds/news articles to sort through. I deleted the sprint shortcut menu to provide more tile space for my apps on the sub-screen. I do like the free Sprint TV app and love that it doesn't affect my data whatsoever.

The Google GPS Navigation app almost feels like a Garmin software. I was quite pleased with it. The case I ended up going with is the OtterBox Commuter Series. It fits perfectly. OtterBox 77-26425 Commuter Series Hybrid Case for HTC One - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Glacier

All in all, this is a fantastic phone. It feels good, looks good, and performs admirably. It has everything that I need on it. Switching to Sprint saved me $100 bucks, so getting a 32GB phone for $108 after tax is awesome!

iPhone loyalists, I encourage you to take a serious, and long look at this phone.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 18, 2013
Is HTC on the verge a splashing comeback? HTC reminds me of Apple in mid 90s when they were struggling. People had ruled out HTC but they have come back with a bang! I upgraded one of my family phones to HTC One. I have a Galaxy Note 2, and recently used S4 for an extensive period. So at places I may compare with what I have experienced.

HTC One build is excellent, smartphone design absolutely amazing, and a delight to hold. Aluminum is used for the backplate and sides, making it an all-aluminum body. It certainly feels better than Samsung phones in some areas. The ergonomics and looks of HTC One are stunning. The screen size is certainly smaller than Note 2 and even S4.

4.7 in screen with a resolution of 1,920 by 1,080 pixels. Full HD 469 ppi (Corning Gorilla Glass 2, Gorilla Glass is the alkali-aluminosilicate sheet toughened glass manufactured by glassmaker Corning. Version 2 of Glass was introduced in 2012). The phone is thin and light. I highly recommend you to try it at a nearby store. Reading reviews do no justice to the phone; once you experience it, you will drool. I am happy there is a stiff competition between phone vendors. I don't have attachment to any one vendor. I am open to trying all vendors.

HTC One runs Jellybean Android 4.1.2, using HTC's Sense user interface, not sure if it will be upgradeable to version 5.0 "Key Lime Pie". We may see 4.2.2, or 4.3 version of JellyBean rumored for Google I/O in May 15-17 2013, just a week away as I write this review.

Key Notes:
* Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor running at 1.7GHz with 2GB of RAM
* 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac support future proof for now. Note the support of "ac"
* GPS, NFC, gyro, accelerometer, proximity, ambient light
AWESOME speakers. Per HTC, stereo speakers come with amplifiers, and Beats Audio technology for deeper bass. HTC one also has 2 microphones for reducing noise.
* Camera is awesome; don't let the 4 MP fool you. It is the old photographer's adage. It is the not the megapixel, it's the sensor that matters! This camera is very light sensitive, and I was able to get great photos in low light situations.
* micro-USB port for battery charging supports MHL, so if you buy an adapter you can use HDMI. Lot of people are not aware of MHL and not widely popularized. Basically you can make your smartphone into a giant computer. Connect smartphones to HDMI monitors or HDTVs, use Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and control smartphone. Per Wikipedia "Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) is an industry standard for a mobile audio/video interface that allows consumers to connect mobile phones, tablets and other portable consumer electronics (CE) devices to high-definition televisions (HDTVs) and audio receivers. The MHL standard supports up to 1080p/60 high-definition (HD) video and 7.1 surround sound audio while simultaneously charging the connected device." DLNA Support is also included. These are awesome features indeed, and not noted much.
* Just like the Samsung Galaxy feature, HTC One also works as an infrared sensor for controlling the consumer devices

Some cons:
* 32 GB/64 GB models , but Lack of microSD card support may come as an issue for some
* Battery cannot be removed (Li-Po 2300 mAh battery)
* microSIM card is released by punching a paper clip. Just like iphones. As battery is not removable, this design is adopted by HTC
* To Note: unlike international version, the Chinese models feature a removable back cover, featuring a Micro SD slot for storage expansion and dual SIM card slots. Dual SIMs are very popular in Asia not in US.
* Crapware/Bloatware. Why do the phone manufacturers think they are adding value by adding software like Blinkfeed which cannot be removed. HTC advertises as a feature, I view it as a nuisance. There are no alternatives except vanilla Google Nexus phones. ASUS adds its own extra software, Samsung has its own. I feel they at least make provisions to remove these crapware. Remember windows PC in late 90s loaded with all kinds of stuffs which no one ever used

I have tried following apps from my Play library and they just worked awesome.
Amazon Mobile
Android Status
Amazon Kindle (very sharp for quick reading, I use black background white text)
Androidify
Angry Birds (Space/Seasons)
Asphalt 7
Amazon App Store
Box
Car Maintenance Reminder Pro
Chrome
CNET TV
NAVIGON (from Garmin - offline maps), was AWESOME!
Google Navigation/Earth/Maps
Google Currents (nice way to read News)
Draw Something
Google Drive
Ebay
Linkedin
Google Music (I have over 10,000 songs/podcasts) and it is free!
Tapatalk (awesome forum browsing app)
OverDrive Media Console: Library eBooks & Audiobooks (public library consumption of media)
Microsoft One Note (legacy docs, skydrive of 25 GB is good)
Subsonic Music Streamer
Terminal Emulator (still need to use vi, yes this is it)
TweetCaster Pro for Android (excellent twitter client)
Twit.Tv
Google Voice
Plenty of Widgets - BatteryPro, SwitchPro

Please ask questions. I like when people ask questions as I get more chance to review and poke into! I will be glad to answer any questions.
1010 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 25, 2013

The Bad and Ugly:

77 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2013
Lets just start off by saying that I am one of those who switch phones every 6 months due to new technology, plus I need my head examined as my wife would say. I have had them all, s2, s3, s4, lg optimus g, g pro,ijunk 5. That's within past year just to give you guys an idea of my illness. This phone by far surpasses them all. Build, speakers, display, ease of use, headphones, I can go on and on. It feels like such a premium device in your hand, I have read about people having build quality issues, thankfully I wasn't one of them. I can see this being my regular daily driver for quite sometime. Nothing upcoming that I have read about will make me even blink away from the htc one. If you are contemplating , do not fear, you will be quite pleased.
on May 3, 2013
Color: Silver|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The HTC One combines sleek aluminum good looks with high quality plastic trim, to make it one sharp looking smartphone. Turning it on, I was blown away by its crystal clear full HD images that were a joy to behold.

Some great things about this phone:

++ Sharp display, with no dead or stuck pixels.
++ Finish is stellar - smooth edges everywhere.
++ Awesome sound - the Beats audio really does its thing here
++ All interactions are zippy and immediate, and all button/app clicks were recognized
++ The notification LED is as bright as a lighthouse even from behind a speaker grille
++ Universal cable/TV/receiver remote and electronic program guide were easy to setup and fun to use
++ Cool new Jelly Bean/HTC Sense features - incl. Google Now and Blink Feed a great live news aggregator
++ Decent call quality and battery life - it comfortably lasts me a normal day

Some minor annoyances
-- This phone runs hot - I can actually feel it through pocket fabric.
-- Battery cannot be replaced and the SIM Card needs an act of Congress to eject.
-- HTC Sense is not always the most intuitive interface. I constantly have to remind myself how to perform common actions such as customizing the launch bar or home screen (which only seems to be possible on the BlinkFeed tab.) Also, it is not possible to dismiss BlinkFeed which takes up an entire tab.

Overall, this smartphone is a joy to use, and fishing it out to use is like making a fashion statement. Streaming video on this phone is spectacular and even makes my commute (almost) bearable. This really gives the more plasticky-looking S4 a run for its money.

Really handy tips that I've discovered over time:
1/ Double tap the Home key to switch between recently used apps