Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

on January 7, 2008
this is the snap on hood that can be put on pretty much any carrhart coat that has the attachments. You can get them to match the coat, just be sure you pick the correct color. they are easy to get on and off, but that doesn't mean that they'll randomly unsnap when you don't want them to. There is a sort of lining that snugly fits your face, keeping the cold from getting to your head and ears. The hood is also warm and does not let air in around the snaps...
As the title says, great addition to a GREAT COAT!!!
on December 3, 2012
Good hood, matches my jacket. Lies relatively flat. Snaps on. Needs some tweaking. Dumb Velcro chin strap can cut into your chin. Folds out of the way but could be better. Also could use a drawstring and toggles around the hood opening otherwise I would have gave it a better rating. Seller was great.
on December 30, 2011
I ordered the Carhartt Arctic Sandstone coat for my husband and realized it did not come with a hood. I found this hood on Amazon and it matched the jacket perfectly! My husband wore it on an early morning deer hunt and said that it kept his nearly bald head very warm!
on December 18, 2014
Okay, so my head fits in it; however, I can barely get the under chin strap to clip together and the Velcro strap is useless. There's no way it will reach the hook tab on the other side. I wear a 7 /34 inch hat. If your hat size is less than 7 inches, this might work for you. It should fit most women with a "normal" sized head. If you have a scarf around your neck, this would present a new problem. If you want to keep warm, go buy a Russian bomber hat (made in Turkey), or one of those Soviet style army hats called a Ushanka. If you have a big head, this hood acts as a wind break with some warmth -- slightly better than the previous hood that wasn't billed as "Arctic."
on December 6, 2013
This hood, supposedly made for the Sandstone coat won't work properly with the coat. The Velcro tab that is supposed to hold it closed is mounted in such a way that it can't reach the other side of the Velcro. Maybe it's a factory defect. But as it is, it is unusable. I'll have to modify it with some sort of drawstring.
on November 20, 2015
A lot of reviewers state "its too small, chin strap too short," I'm 6ft 200lbs with a 7 +1/4 hat size and it provides ample room for movement
even with the Velcro strap closed, would have preferred a snap type strap. as the Velcro will wear out in a couple years. The snaps are not perfectly aligned but not out enough to be an issue. Typical "Carhartt quality" Meaning I expect to get a good 5yrs hard wear for my money. Most importantly it nice and warm!
on February 12, 2014
Hood was to small for my husband but I fortunately could wear it. Kept the snow from blowing from the side and was really warm.
on December 11, 2014
Bought this for my husband to go with the Carhartt Men's Sandstone Traditional Coat. The snaps aligned on the collar but were extremely short under the chin. there was a Velcro strip that didn't attach to anything. The hood fit uncomfortably tightly over my husband's head. I thought it was supposed to go with this jacket (there was a link to it from the jacket page labeled "Complete the Set"), but it didn't work at all. Maybe it only goes with the Arctic-Quilt jacket. Will return.
on November 12, 2014
The hood is great, but the inner elastic doesn't come down very far. It would be more efficient if it came down the forehead more. Also the snap comes right over your mouth..odd? Other than that, it fits well.
on January 8, 2014
I've wanted one of these for years to go with my Arctic Carhartt coveralls (both sets, wore one out already). But when I got it today, what was supposed to be carhartt brown color is more of a dark brown, (not quite), the color of the courdoroy color. I realize carhartt duck fades over time, but this isn't even close to what is shown in any ads on any site I've seen. Somehow, I think they must have screwed up at the factory and dumped too much dye in the batch. I'm sending it back and hoping they can get it right this time. I'm retired, so the odds of me wearing this outdoors enough to fade it to the "real" tan color is pretty slim. Also, I've tried all afternoon to locate Carhartt's color (number) code, but it's NOWHERE to be found. The model is A148, the color number can't be found. (mine says A148 211 on the tag, but the tag that's sewn in says RN14806. I don't know, but I do expect to get what is shown, and even under bright light, this isn't what they advertised. Can't wait to get the right one, though! It's been sub-zero here in Missouri. When they get the right color, I'll put 5 stars on this.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse