Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on July 23, 2013
If you are considering this cloning kit for use with Apple OS X be advised that the included software CD does not actually have the cloning software necessary for use with Apple operating systems. The CD only has the Windows 7 compatible EZ GIG IV software. The Apple OS X compatible software is called Superduper! and is available from a company called Shirt Pocket. There is a read me file on the CD with a link to this site or you can just go directly to Shirt Pocket and download a free version of the software. So the Corsair Cloning kit is full featured with software if you are cloning a drive on a Windows 7 based computer. If you are cloning a drive for Apple OS X you are just getting the USB/eSATA cable. I love Corsair products but the description of the cloning kit is somewhat misleading since it states all over the packaging that it is compatible with OS X which would lead you to believe that the necessary software is included. It is obvious that it is one of those situations where a company just puts their name on a cable and software from other companies for marketing purposes.

The Shirt Pocket Superduper! software works as advertised and the tech support is amazing. I e mailed a question about the cloning process and received a response from the developer within an hour. The cloning process was perfect and created an exact bootable copy of my Mac Mini's hard drive. I upgraded my HDD in my Mac Mini to an SSD drive and after I installed the SSD the Mac Mini booted up perfectly and performance is greatly increased.

I'm giving this four stars because the Shirt Pocket Software worked great, Corsair needs to better explain what their kit includes.
on June 11, 2013
The cable and software made cloning the drive a snap. I was moving to a larger SSD drive and I had tried some other software and each of those did not create a bootable SSD. This software worked the first time.
on April 26, 2014
Based on my experience I believe that I could reasonably rate this product at one star but I'm not absolutely certain exactly where to attribute fault. So I have given the benefit of doubt by rating the product at four stars.

The product cloned my existing 100-GB Windows 7 drive perfectly, in less than 15 minutes. The system then booted once but failed to boot after that, with error 0xc0000e, which indicates a problem in the boot setup. To my surprise and frustration a one-day-old system repair disk would not repair the boot information, insisting that it was not appropriate for the installed version of Windows. I was eventually able to persuade the repair disk to work by temporarily modifying the BIOS settings to hide all non-system drives. After that all is good.

The bottom line is that I found the entire experience of using this product significantly stressful. My working hypothesis is that the Windows 7 boot process references hard disk partitions by GUID rather than partition number and so my cloned disk was not bootable without adjustment of the boot information. I'm not sure that hypothesis adequately explains why I was able to boot the system once. I haven't bothered to study the issue further since everything is now working.

Lessons learned: (1) I strongly urge that a fresh system repair disk be made before initiating the clone process. (2) I suggest that the clone process be undertaken only by those with strong troubleshooting skills and with a working Internet-capable system apart from the system being modified, to support Internet search for troubleshooting information and assistance.
on March 7, 2014
This product is just a repackaged cloning product called Apricorn SATA Wire Notebook Hard Drive Upgrade Kit with USB 3.0 Connection ASW-USB3-25 (Grey). It just costs more to purchase this item unless there is a rebate offered. Checkout the Apricorn product here at Amazon for yourself. As for the product, it does a good job cloning a new mirror image for you of your main drive. The new drive will work as if it is the same as the old one with a few minor adjustments to be made on your computer after installing the unit. Some programs will need to be tweeted to run exactly as before. And some will have to be shown where saving directories are to be found if you use a network or storage drive that is not the one you are replacing. No real issues to speak about. It is also easier to make a clone backup of your startup disk drive than to do periodic backups and reinstall your software if your system takes a sudden death. All you do is pop in the cloned drive and you are pretty much good to go. Software backups of your computer by Windows are free. This built-in software bridges the gap of your new data files created between new clone updates. Most importantly, you keep all your data in your possession not on a cloud terminal somewhere waiting for the hackers to fly away with your sensitive information. And, don't forget you pay a yearly fee to keep it there plus your time having to deal with the service. For just $120 or less (software, cable, and HD) you can have an instant backup of your computer ready to go in 5 minutes. Less than the cost of two years of cloud service. And, you control your data and its security.
on January 2, 2014
This cable makes cloning a drive easy as pie. If you don't know, it has connectors for data and power. You simply plug it up to the SSD and plug the other end to a USB port. The software that comes with it is excellent and easy to use as well. I used this item to clone my daughters mechanical hard drive over to a Samsung Evo 120GB SSD. Once the cloning was complete. I simply installed the SSD inside the PC and made sure the boot priority in Bios was correct and presto, her PC is booting up in 15 seconds. This cable is top notch quality. I highly recommend for cloning.
on June 9, 2014
If you are buying this to clone a larger drive to a smaller one (for instance, going from a HDD to a SSD drive), then you will need to reduce the size of the partition(s) BEFORE you clone, or it simply will not work. This program will not do it for you, nor will it give you any warning or help you figure out that's the problem!

I used EaseUS partition manager (free) to reduce the main partition as far as possible (with a little padding), cloned it, then on the other end, used the same program to resize to max once again. It took me two failures before I realized the issue, as it's not explained anywhere in the documentation, which is scanty. On the plus side, it's very fast and simple to use, aside from that one MAJOR FLAW.
44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2013
Makes moving to a Solid State Drive easy. Hook up your SSD to the cable and use the cloning software.
Makes what once was a lengthy task of loading a new drive a simple task of swap everything from your hard drive to an SSD in a relatively short period of time.
You can also clone one hard drive to another .
on September 16, 2014
A great simple way to clone one hard drive to an SSD hard drive. Just pay attention and follow the required steps and it is simple and easy to do. I cloned the hard drive from my aging laptop to a new Crucial MX100 256GB SSD and the results breath new life into this computer. I really like the increased speed and load time of the SSD. I went from a 2 1/2 minute boot time to a little over 30 seconds....amazing!
Suggestion: Before cloning any drive I would spend a few minutes cleaning out the old drive so you are not cloning old files and programs that you don't need or use.
on March 11, 2014
I plugged one end into the computer and the other into my new SSD. Next, I installed the software and followed the on-screen directions. It started copying the files over and I didn't have to do anything else. I was surprised how easily this kit worked. The cable is good quality and I had no issues with it working properly. I would definitely recommend this kit to anyone.
on January 23, 2015
I'm a PC guy and I used the earlier USB 2.0 version of this product to clone and replace a laptop's HD with a Crucial SSD. When it came time to replace my desktop's HD with a Samsung 850 EVO SSD, I bought this Corsair USB 3.0 cloning software. Good thing--I didn't have much luck with the Samsung cloning software, but this Corsair kit was dead easy.

All you do is put in the disk (or download the software), attach the SSD to a 3.0 or 2.0 USB port with the included cord, and do a couple of clicks. One hour later, swap out the HD with the SSD and you are good to go. Everything was there and operated perfectly: Windows, hidden files, full-on Photoshop CS6, Photo Mechanic, etc. And, man--that SSD rocks!

This might also be a simple solution for truly bulletproof backups. I put my old HD in a safe in case anything horrible ever happens to my computer.

This is a great five star product!