Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on July 12, 2013
I was originally going to buy the Sony LBTGPX55 but after a couple of disappointing reviews, I decided against it. I decided to take a risk and purchase this even though it did not have any reviews which i always read before i purchase anything. I received this today and hooked it up which took less than 15 minutes. All I can say is wow. This little powerhouse puts out. I'm not a tech specification expert but what I can tell you is that this thing sounds AMAZING. I love the fact that you can use a USB Flash Drive to playback music. That was the deciding factor for me in buying this. Talk about convenience. The other amazing feature is the ''Giga Sound Blast''. This baby turns GREAT sound into AMAZING sound. I could feel the Bass in my chest. And to think I haven't used any of the manual Equalization settings to tweak it a bit. This thing is also VERY loud. I have not even tried to go beyond Volume Level 22 for fear that my neighbor will bang on my door. LOL!

Overall, I could not be happier with this purchase. System sounds amazing and it's very attractive also. I believe you will not be disappointed :)
55 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2014
Awesome ! Great sound ! It ROCKS ! Samsung does not advertize the bluetooth on this but it has it and it works well. Love the way the speakers and base light up w/ the music.
on January 22, 2014
I had bought this system directly from the samsung website. Please note that 1000w rms is misleading. It has all the features you would want today(bluetooth, aux, usb, etc.). My problem was that after turning the volume up, the system would automatically reduce the volume, i'm guessing so that it wouldn't pull more energy than what it consumes. Like i mentioned 1000w is very misleading. I did a little research and basically the best way to know how much a system outputs is checking out its power consumption (140w - 20% = 112w). Other than that if you listen your music at normal levels than it is very pleasing, providing all the best it can offer throughout the sound spectrum. Bass is punchy and strong, like the majority of shelf systems without a woofer. The lights have 3 different stages, and they can be turned off. Lots of equalizer options (even some odd ones I've never heard of). Bluetooth audio streaming capable up to 30 feet, very reliable, and reasonable quality (less audio quality and volume as expected on this function). RCA audio inputs(back). Aux input(front). 3.5mm mic input(front). You are also able to remove the voice of many songs when in karaoke function using a cd or flash drive(not available on RCA or Aux inputs), a feature i really liked. However you have to use a 3.5mm microphone or use a conventional to 3.5mm mic converter found at many audio stores to use with a regular microphone. Weirdly, your phone's earbuds also work as a mic. Its very stylish, and boyish looking, but keeps a little of Conservative look to it. When you take it out the box your gonna notice how the console is very light and almost feels like it doesn't match with the bigger in size speakers. Most of the weight is taken by the speakers( a good sign i suppose). Sadly, i returned the system because i wanted it to play at a loud volume without it automatically reducing the volume. I wish they would make shelf systems like they used to before, made in Malaysia or Japan, NOT China. Don't get me wrong, if a loud system isn't on your list, than this one is definitely a keeper. However you may want to look at other options out there that don't have this weirdly odd protection mode. I own a samsung surround system, good for movies, not for music(for the same exact reason). So it isn't an isolated case.
on November 27, 2013
This stereo is for my 1200+ sq. ft. garage and it sounds great. The quality of sound gets even better the louder you go ...hit 22 and up you'll start to p*ss off the neighbors and I like doing that!
on March 6, 2014
After 2 weeks of use, my thoughts on the Samsung MX-F830B 1000 W stereo system is.....WOW.
For $299 it packs a punch and makes my living room fill with beautiful music. All the bass a person could ask for. I love the EQ that I can customize, and love the LED lighting on the amp & speakers.
Samsung really did a nice job on this unit, and best of all...it is affordable. Back in 1997, I spent $550 on an Aiwa unit like this with separate subwoofer. The Samsung is 10 times better, without the separate sub. No need for it here, this unit packs plenty of bass to rattle walls if you wish to do so.
One extra is that the unit is very good looking, and added bonus that really doesn't matter perhaps, but Samsung designed it well, and deserves full credit. People who see it will notice it as a nice addition to your room, especially when it lights up!
No regrets here so far, feel I got more than my money's worth. Very pleased.
Thanks Samsung!

Update: Just DJ'd a dance in a medium size gymnasium and this Samsung was spectacular in filling the room with beautiful sounding music. Unit kicked out plenty of bass, was still plenty more volume available but not needed. Plenty loud enough. Have used 2 other units there in the past, but this was the best. LED lighting in the speakers & amp sure add nice effects at a dance.
After almost 6 weeks of ownership, I am still very happy with my purchase.
on February 15, 2014
Would have expected more Bass for a 1000 watts stereo.
I considered buying the Sony 1600W 3-Way Mini Speaker System; the reason I bought the Samsung was because it was cheaper. But now that I know what the Samsung is like, I'd recommend buying the Sony, if money isn't an issue. Before I moved to Canada I had a Sony stereo, which I liked very much.
Also, the overall sound of the Samsung MX-F830B could be better with tweeters, which the 1600W Sony does have.
on January 25, 2014
SeanCeltiad-This unit is great. Sound is good, has Bluetooth so I can play my myspace songs over the stereo, have yet to see but I think it will let me record those to a USB storage device, also will try using same USB recording to see if it will record my Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon Concert VHS tape using the aux connections, reason is the CD of same name is Not the same as the VHS tape at all, not the same songs and even the ones that are the same well lets just say that they were not at their best when those songs were recorded at all, the VHS is Top Notch Pink Floyd at their Best start to finish and I want that to play in my 4Runner + the myspace songs. Plenty of sound options on this unit to satisfy anyones taste and Man is this thing LOUD if you so desire, even with spkrs just 5-6 in. on either side of the receiver there is no skipping on the CD's like there was on my old it died JVC shelf stereo unit, the first one I had didn't have that prob, but when I had to replace that one the next model just could not handle the base. Anyway, buy this Samsung, you won't be disappointed and VIP Pro Audio got it to me pronto !!!
on January 27, 2014
Finally! I spent time carefully searching for a stereo system with full sound and excellent bass after messing up a great older Philips sound system, and purchasing a Sony that promised to have bass but failed to compare to the Philips. I decided to go with this one based on a review of "bass that vibrates everything and not daring to turn up louder than 22". Anyway, I have had the system for approximately two months and I'm overjoyed with it. I can block out neighbors stomping above my head, I've set it up with my Samsung TV as well and it serves as a great theater sound system when watching movies. I haven't tried the blue tooth or usb yet but the Cd, aux and FM works well. The looks of the system is nice and sleek as well. When I do decide to go loud with the system the neighborhood kids love it.
on January 27, 2014
Very good unit, with a punching power sound but it needs one more thing and is AM radio,since there is not AM band.
My father-in-law likes to listen to news in AM stations and this is a point to review, beside that the whole unit is very good, enjoying the Bluethooth feature.
on January 6, 2014
is everything I thought it would b and then some. My son loves it and apparently my daughter does as well, when ever she listens to music she goes to her brothers room to jam out on the bass.