Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on October 3, 2013
I purchased this computer without having ever even heard of Lenovo, which is usually not smart, but I looked at the specs and did a bunch of research and decided to buy it, and dear god, I'm glad I did, this computer is amazing, lightning fast and built to withstand punishment. I've been on a multitude of websites and have been playing star trek online and star wars the old republic, both on high graphic settings with 0 lag and the loading screens are brief. Video quality is astounding, with full 1080p HD. I have had only one issue with computer and it was with the folding stand. It is very stubborn to adjust, right out of the box, the customer service at Lenovo told me to just force it and it would work, and, sure enough, it did, and it works perfectly, by the way, remove it from the computer before forcing it, you don't want to break the connections between the computer and stand. There is a lever type button on the stand that releases the stand from the computer.

All in all, the computer is amazing. I highly recommend it to anyone. It is more valuable than some computers since it is easily upgradable. I paid $629 for mine
22 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2013
Screen is a great size. Easy to use. Grandkids love the touch screen for playing games. No more wires snaking under the desk. Nice and neat.
on November 22, 2013
I think it's the best machine i ever owned, and I've owned many, starting with a Compaq "luggable" back in '82. I am having a little difficulty learning Windows 8. That is not an upgrade, it's a whole new ballgame, but I'm gaining on it. It sure has more to offer than MSDOS 1.3. It shows me that at 86 years old, I still have a lot to learn!

curmudgeon
on September 17, 2013
Windows 8 is more of a tablet than it is a computer. But the screen is huge and easy to navigate with my fingers. Also, the wireless keyboard and mouse make it easy to use from a distance if I need to.
on December 10, 2013
I'll be honest. I really wanted the apple imac around ($1,200.00) but decided to go for this Lenovo! ( got it on sale on cyber Monday for $599.99) Best decision I ever made. Lol, ive only had it for a solid 24hours and im in love. If you love to watch videos,listen to music, play apps and even write school papers. This is the pc for you. I'm still trying to learn windows 8 and found myself having fun in the process. I've been cracking myself up playing with the youcam option and have been taking hilarious photos and sending them to people. This is a huge upgrade for me since I had my last computer since 2004! Anyway, the only thing I had trouble with is the stand in the back that holds up the computer. Friendly advice, in order to change the viewing angle on the pc you have to really work with it to where it almost feels like it will break. I first thought that there was a piece missing because I couldn't get it to adjust...Just needed some good ol' fashion elbow grease. Second, (don't make fun) it took me forever to realize in order for the mouse and keyboard to sync with the pc it needed to have a usb port plugged in ( which was hidden inside the battery part of the mouse). Ha I didn't know this since I have never owned one before (so sad). Anyway, I'm still learning! :) If anyone has any q's to ask please feel free! Good luck with your pc shopping!
on December 3, 2013
We purchased 5 of the Lenovo IdeaCentre B540 23-Inch All-In-One. We do many product expos every year, and we use touch screen computers, so our customers can sit in the station and view our product online. We own couple of Sony VAIO Tap 20 all in ones, and we have used these computer in our previous shows. Both computers have same exact operating system Windows 8.

Just to make sure we have sufficient WIFI access, we take to the show Verizon Jet pack mobile WIFI and TMobile hot spots.
Well we got to our show with 5 Lenovo and 2 Sony Vaio. we setup all computers to WIFI connections we had.
From the first day, Lenovo computer
1) lost connection to WIFI every 30 minutes
2) Could not locate the WIFI even though the WIFI was 10 feet away
3) Few of the computers froze and needed to be reboot every 4 hours
4) Computers would access WIFI with limited access and not allow pages to be viewed

We managed to get a MIS person to come look at the computer, and he worked on it for 2 hours, but he was not able to fix the issues.
Meanwhile our Sony all in one stayed connected, and had no issues.
We estimate that we lost over $60,000 in revenue, because we lacked internet access.

We brought the computers back, and we tested in an office environment, to see if massive amount of WIFI networks at the convention center could have been the reason, for Lenovo could not stay corrected. When testing the computer in an office environment, the same thing happened.
This computer is truly worthless if you plan to do wireless networking, also 2 out of the 5 computers froze up all the time and needed to be reboot.
I read all the reviews before purchasing the computer, and did not find anything specific about wireless and I went ahead with the purchase.
I guess you get what you pay for $599 Lenovo VS a $1099 Sony.
Hard lesson learned, the $2500 difference in price ( for 5 computers) cost us $60,000 plus

Cant wait until Amazon picks up these boat anchors from our office.
on January 9, 2014
I wanted a cheap computer for my kitchen to make it easier to look up and organize recipes digitally without all of the clutter of cook books. I definitely wanted something bigger than a tablet, but a device that would be convenient in the location. This computer fits all of my criteria, and has created a great little workstation in my kitchen. I won't go into the specs as they are readily available in the details, but the computer is fast for my needs and has been very reliable (I haven't experienced any freezing, lagging, etc.). It makes it very easy for me to snap photos of my meals, upload them, transcribe recipes, research recipes, Skype with friends, and more while in my kitchen. The mouse and keyboard that come with the computer are compact and portable, so I can move them around the kitchen as needed. The screen is a great size; not too big so that it's in the way but big enough that I can see the screen from across the kitchen (I have a pretty large kitchen - approx. 400 sq ft.). Sorry I can't speak to how this computer would function as an actual primary PC, but given that I use mine every day (2-3x/day) I think it works well and should meet most social networking / normal business needs.
on November 6, 2013
Eazy set up. Windows 8 great. Really like all the USB ports. Wireless key board would like to have bigger keys for us large hand men. For the price great desk top.
on December 6, 2013
the design and price are good. but I do not know if is windows or the Lenovo computer, I can hear the hard drive form the screen making weird noises, internet, specially YouTube, freezes a lot, I can not put the computer to sleep in automatic mode I tried several times.. wifi is very slow sometimes (often)I use my mac laptop without any problem so is not the internet connection,.. I already replace this computer with amazon once, I m going to try this one for one week more, if still the same I will return it, that's why I love amazon prime. no return fee etc..
on November 22, 2013
Bought it directly from Amazon at $599 before tax. Great price and of course great service as it is Amazon. Very happy with the product...looks good and works great. Was a bit concerned about the speed of Pentium CPU. Looked at those with i3 or i5 but still decided to go for this one given the price. It works out all fine. I don't play games on this computer. Using it for surfing web, as my music player (connected to high-end audio systems through an expensive DAC) and of course use MS office. All work perfect.