This is a very basic but very useful tablet by a major computer maker Lenovo (Formerly IBM Thinkpad)

lets talk the positives:
1). Price 89$ at this writing.
2). Up-to-date Jellybean operating system
3). Sound and Speakers are Excellent for a Tablet
4). 8MB with the ability to add up to 32GB more with a MicroSD card
5). Bluetooth you have to spend alot more to get bluetooth on a tablet than this
(this was the main selling point for me as i have all my music on a 16GB microSD and with a Bluetooth rechargable speaker
you have a jukebox on the go)

Lenovo has addressed two of the major problems with this tablet

1) internal memory has been expanded, you need to use the first system upgrade
2) netflix wont run, you need to use the second system upgrade and clear the app data in netflix.

Other downsides:
3). Crappy camera .3 MP ( i never use tablet camera anyway)
4). Screen resolution is not HD but at this size do you need it unless your a gamer(no i am not a gamer), Netflix played clear and was very useable. I have not seen a Tablet that works well in the sun and this one does not work well in the sun either.

for me its perfect tablet now that Lenovo has fixed the internal memory issue and netflix issue.

This is not a tablet for upgrade freaks and geeks who have to have the most up to date and most powerful specs. Most of us don't really need that.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 14, 2013
Please disregard all of the ignorant comments from non-savvy users. For $99 I would have never found a low-end, name-brand tablet that met the specs I needed like this one did. I was reluctant to buy being that I had a Lenovo laptop that was crap but I gave it a shot...

Pros:
-- great solid build quality. not hollow sounding like the other 'non name brand' vendors
-- decent resolution for the price. other 'non name brand' low-end tablets for this price have had a VERY pixelated resolution
-- long battery life if you are not a heavy movie watcher. used mine for 1.5 days debugging android apps
with Eclipse and watching youtube without charging. I fall asleep with it on youtube playlists and wake up and the damn thing is still playing :)
-- Turns heads at starbucks when people realize that you dont need a kindle or iPad to read books
-- VERY good sound system and controls. Has a sick EQ and good sound profiles. Two speakers in front.
-- Come upgraded with newer Android so you wont have that memory issue

Caveats, not Cons:
-- It IS A LOW END DEVICE so dont expect to have poorly built apps or big apps run smoothly.
-- It IS A LOW END DEVICE so dont expect to play games like a boss
-- It IS A LOW END DEVICE so a super high resolution screen. However the VERY decent resolution shocked me :)
-- It IS A LOW END DEVICE so dont expect alot of memory. Be sure to get an SD card
-- It IS A LOW END DEVICE so only buy this if you are 'looking for a very basic, but sturdy tablet' and on a budget
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 26, 2013
I bought the (A1000-F) 16GB version of this tablet directly from Lenovo, for work, knowing that the front camera and screen resolution were not ideal for personal use. It also does not have a rear camera. The main issue was the low internal memory, 0.5GB of usable internal memory and approx 13GB USB. Some apps could be moved the USB memory but not all. This caused the internal memory to fill very quickly. Lenovo sent out an update (4.1.2) that corrected this issue. Now, 2GB of internal storage and 12GB of USB. Videos will play but the screen is jumpy. Not sure if this is due to the screen resolution or video card. For the price, this makes a good work or school tablet. Documents, calenders, weather and other related items work well and most all of the necessary apps are free. The A1000-F also has external micro SD card slot up to 32GB. I gave this table 4 stars after the update from Lenovo. For the price it is one of the better budget tablets on the market.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 8, 2013
I recently purchased this at a local bestbuy, and was told by the rep that he had heard some complaints about this tablet being slow... i believe he was trying to get me to purchase a more expensive model. I can tell you from personal experience that this is an awesome tablet i have yet to find something that it cannot handle, Netflix no problem, Games no problem.

PROS:
What i love about this tablet, The tablet fells well built, the screen is crisp and clear really nice to watch movies or youtube channels. The other feature that i was pleasantly surprised with is the audio quality that comes out of these speakers, very clear as well as the the tablet has built in Dolby Digital Plus and sounds amazing with almost any headphones.

CONS: there are only two things that i am meh with one is that this model does not have a duel band wifi antenna which you wont notice if you have decent home interent.
2nd is that this tablet does not have a rear facing camera and the front is not as decent as i would like.
on December 4, 2013
Sometimes I think people review items based on the merits of the item against the highest caliber of it's competition. The reality is Lenovo A1000 couldn't compete with the fastest and latest tablets out there, BUT (and it's a big butt), for this tablets price point it has INCREDIBLE functionality. I might sound like an old man (I not even that old!), but could you imagine getting the specs this thing has for under $100 even 2 or 3 short years ago? My review is based on this units functionality at it's price point. For the price of this thing, you get a hell of a lot of bang for your buck.

The tablet has functional screen with decent resolution and viewability, smooth gameplay (for most all of the "casual" variety games), and a decent enough memory capacity at 8GB. 4GB is application allotted, with 4GB for system memory (and all the previous updates people talk about for memory issues were already applied to my unit before it arrived). Frankly, this is a steal (at under $100). I highly recommend this unit.
on October 4, 2013
BLUF: They refuse to fix my Ideatab A2107 tablet stating that the adapter I sent them was the wrong one even though the adapter is listed in the tablets manual as being the one that came with it. This is the "new" model of the A2107 and I want to ensure all are warned of Lenovo's service.

I bought this tablet 3 months ago for my 8 year old son. He wasn't going to use it for anything processor heavy so I figured I would pick this up and get him a more powerful one when he gets older.
The tablet itself fit the requirement. Cheap and good enough for an eight year old. The problem cam only 3 months into owning it. It would not charge. The first call went good. They sent me a label to mail it to their depot. A week after it was received I got a notice that the power adapter I sent them was the wrong one and it damaged the tablet. It stated "3RD PARTY USB Cable and Adapter (HuntKey) damaged the power port; Needs LENOVO Adapter and USB Cable for the correct power output; also need USB SubBoard". I called them and was told that it was a $95 repair and that they weren't going to cover the damage. I told them to send it back. I then began doing research. I researched the adapter I sent (I wrote down the model # and Serial # of both the adapter and the tablet). Not only did my Google search show that the Huntkey adapter I sent was the correct one, the search literally took me to the tablet's manual where it listed the adapter as one of the adapters that may be with the tablet. I called back and they said they would research and let me know. Well it appears they decided that I must be wrong and not worth notifying as the online tracker now shows it on it's way back to me because "You have declined billable repair and your PC will be sent back to you shortly". There were 4 phone calls to customer service that lasted no less than 30 minutes each and in each phone call I felt like I was just number and I could not possible know what I am talking about. I am ashamed at what Lenovo (previously IBM) has become.

For a sub par tablet that has the worst customer service I have ever received, it gets one star. There are better alternatives. Steer clear of this one!

UPDATE:
I did want to update this and say that I did finally get them to repair the tablet. It was very difficult and time consuming. Each call took 30+ minutes and it is outsourced so there was a language barrier (India I believe). They received it on 26 September and I got it back on 15 October. They were not going to repair it unless I paid for the 80+ dollars in parts and labor. I called them 4+ times and finally got a supervisor who I explained that I wasn't paying $80 to repair a $100 tablet that had only lasted a short time. He escalated the ticket and after about a week I called back and they were repairing it. The repairs have seem to be holding up (they replaced the USB board). I was thinking of upgrading this to 2 stars but just cannot do it as it is 3 months later and the customer service experience still frustrates me.
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 24, 2013
I think many people know that this tablet initially came with the internal storage partitioned poorly. And many also all know that Netflix wouldn't work right on it to begin with. All of the tablet and Android review websites have told us this and very few bothered to update after the problems were corrected. Much of the other criticism were comparing this tablet to much more expensive units.

There is one other issue not mentioned very frequently and that is confusion about the specs. There are two models that are found most frequently, the A1000F with and the A1000L-F both with 8GB of storage. And the specs have been messed up on Amazon, other online retailers, and local retailers which has caused some confusion The A1000F has the 1.2 GHz Mediatek 8317 Dual Core processor. The 1000L-F has the 1 GHz Mediatek 8317 Dual Core processor. The A1000F has impressive stereo speakers and superior Dolby Digital Plus sound; it also has 1GB of RAM, GPS, FM radio, and Bluetooth. The 1000L-F has standard tiny speakers with no Dolby, 512MB of RAM, no GPS, no radio, and no Bluetooth.

My wife and I actually purchased one of each at different Black Friday sales. Both of them work fine... their operating systems are the same and despite the difference in processor speed and RAM, for most of what we do it is difficult to tell much of a difference in performance. The A1000F has a definite advantage when playing sound from the built in speakers, but you can plug external speakers into the A1000L-F. Both play Netflix and other video with out any problems. The types of Android games we play are not very demanding. For reading eBooks or PDF files there is not a noticeable difference.

The displays are the same and better than the typical 800x480 resolution typically found on other budget tablets. Since the two models cost basically the same... the A1000F has better specs and more to offer. We have had a Galaxy Tab Tablet computer for the past couple of years and Android based cell phones. We knew what we were getting into when we bought these two Lenovo Tablets. They had a bad roll out which caused them to be highly discounted because of the bad reviews. They are a bargain as far as we are concerned. We are pleased with their performance.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 21, 2013
The table is great for most things, Web surfing, email, pictures, and even video calls, however you can't watch movies, and the charging port goes bad and it makes it difficult to charge.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 9, 2014
I bought 2 of these for Christmas. My son had his for 2 days and then the screen froze. He spent an hour on the phone with Lenovo to fix the problem. I couldn't even turn it on when I took mine out of the box. I spent over an hour on the phone with the Lenovo tech and still cant get it to turn on. I doesn't even look like it is charging. RETURNED! Looking for something else.
on November 25, 2013
This tablet is really great. So, I bought this tablet for my 6 yr old daughter because her older brother (8) had one and she really wanted one. I figured that it is probably an appropriate age to get her acclimated to technology as everything she will experience in her life will be technically related (most likely). As long as we monitor her screen time it works out well. On to the tablet...it is way better than my son's quad core, feature rich no name tablet that was actually the same price on a big sale. Way better means, more responsive, way faster, brighter/clearer screen and sounds better with speakers. So all around, my son was very upset about this recent acquisition. Oh, i forgot the batter life is about 4 x as long as my son's tablet as well he has a 3500mAh battery (it says). Anyhow, this is a great tablet for the price and is as good as most I have seen up to the $175 price. SO far So good, I highly recommend.