Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Size: Touchscreen|Style Name: One Monitor|Change

on August 6, 2013
This is an exceptional monitor.

Using it reminds me of using a Surface Pro tablet. The S2240T's design allows you to enjoy the best of the "traditional" and "new" aspects of Windows 8.

When you want to work, you can put the S2240T in its upright position, use your keyboard and mouse, and blast through what you need to get done.
When you want to casually surf the web, play games, look at pictures, or use Windows 8 apps, you can fold the screen to a comfortable angle and have a tablet-like experience with your desktop pc.

Image resolution is impressive. You can use the DELL Display Manager utility to automatically change the monitor settings to your chosen presets for each application, or you can lock in standard, cool, warm, custom or other setting for all of your uses.

Build quality is impressive. The glass extends to the very edges, making Windows 8 gestures easy. It's very responsive to touch. The stand is solid and easily adjusts to a wide variety of angles (it won't lie completely flat for "two user" games, but I don't do this, so it's not a problem for me).

Size is a bit smaller than the 24" DELL LCD this monitor replaced, but I've found the 21.5" size is more than sufficient, and the S2240T is much more affordable than larger touch monitors, especially considering its fine build quality.

You should be aware that you will need two connections for touch screen capability on any desktop computer monitor: a hdmi (or lower resolution)video connection, and a usb connection in order to communicate your touch gestures back to the pc.

Very impressive. DELL has made a monitor that allows you to take advantage of all Windows 8 (and 8.1)has to offer!

I only have a small complaint about the S2240T: the sticker with the marketing info and energy star logo was affixed to the glass with an adhesive that was very difficult to remove (I ended up carefully using goo gone which didn't damage my monitor, but there is probably an even safer way to remove it).
99 comments|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2014
I have been looking for a touch screen monitor with a reasonable price for awhile, and finally I found Dell S2240T touch screen monitor.
For only $269 on Amazon Dell S2240T touch screen LED monitor can change any laptop or desktop with windows 8 to a new touch screen PC.
You can connect the monitor to your PC with either HDMI, VGA, or DVI cables. However, the monitor only comes with the HDMI cable in the box, and the USB cable that will connect the monitor to your PC for the touch screen capability.
The best feature about Dell S2240 is the plug and play feature, which means there is no configuration what so ever. Just connect the HDMI cable, USB cable, and power it up and you have yourself a touch screen computer.
Dell S2240T touch screen monitor has many other features that make this monitor a great pick;
Full HD with 1920 x 1080 (max) resolution; 10-point touch capability.
Slide the panel toward you smoothly and naturally to touch and type and tilt the panel up to 60° to fit your comfort level.
Great design, very responsive touch screen, and great price are all great reasons why the Dell S2240T is worth to try.
1010 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2013
It might be the only impeccable touchscreen monitor you can get from the market. I compared numerous related products and made the decision to buy this one and I did not regret it. The color is gonna stun you, and the responses are prompt. Only con is the price, but it is totally worth it.
on July 6, 2015
Nice monitor but has a significant weakness. My main problem is the lack of height adjustment and the easel-style legs. I use a double monitor setup and the lack of height adjustment meant my two monitors could not be aligned level. My main issue however is the monitor lacks any locking mechanism to secure the legs in the desired position. In my case, this led to the legs being pushed too close together, perhaps when my cleaning lady moved it to dust the desk. I reached for something and my arm barely brushed the monitor ... would not have been a problem with the wide stance but with the easel legs pushed closer together, the entire thing was top heavy and it fell over flat on its face. There were objects it hit with impact force to cause cracks at both edges which have now emanated entirely across the screen. Ironically, if the glass were not edge to edge, likely the cracks could have been avoided as the casing would have offered protection (the impact points were directly on both left and right edges due to positioning of items in front of the monitor). This is so disheartening and I feel it is a major design flaw. If I set the legs in a certain position, it should not be so easy for it to be unintentionally changed by something like me pushing it further back on the desk or a cleaning lady moving it for dusting the desk surface. Especially as when the end result of such unintentional motion is a dangerous top-heavy condition leading to the monitor falling over. I feel this design flaw is serious enough to rate the monitor only 3 stars, otherwise I would have rated 4 stars. It has fallen over 3 times, each time I set the legs wide but somehow they are pushed narrow again. The first two times there was no damage, but the 3rd time I was not so lucky as the images show. I did not use the touch feature much but it did seem to work and be responsive when I did.
review image review image
44 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2014
This monitor is well-designed and has a high-end look and feel. The tilting mechanism works quite well and the touch-screen capabilities worked immediately after plugging in the USB (with no drivers or anything to install).

My biggest issue, however, is that the image quality is not all that great by 2014 standards. If you are coming from an older monitor, you might be just fine. But if you are someone work works with lots of current monitors (like I do), then you might not be that impressed. The image is plenty sharp and the pixel density is decent, being 1080p on a smaller screen. However, even many cheap monitors these days use IPS panels, and so when comparing this to a few other new monitors I have, the image isn't all that impressive. The biggest issues for me were that the image was too dim (the brightness maxes at 250cd/m2, which is low by today's standards) and the colors weren't all that saturated no matter how I configured things.

I still think that this is among the best ~22" touchscreen monitors out there right now, but if you're coming from an already decent monitor, know that the image quality won't be that great.
on November 13, 2013
Excellent monitor. Using it with Windows 7 so 10-finger functionality is limited. I plan to upgrade to Win 8 in near future. I actually have 2 of these monitors side by side. Very efficient being able to keep multiple windows open on 2 screens.
I also like the fact that these monitors do not have a plastic frame. The glass extends completely from edge to edge.
VINE VOICEon December 10, 2013
This monitor worked well with my Windows 7 installation. Now I can't wait to find the time to upgrade my computer to Windows 8.1. I am using Windows 8.1 on my tablet and notebook. I have come to realize that a touch screen makes all the difference in whether you love or hate windows 8. This monitor will allow me to upgrade. It is a nice size. I love how you can position it at whatever angle is comfortable. Dell also makes a beautiful display. It has inputs for HDMI, VGA and HDMI. Really, I have yet to find a con for this monitor.
on June 4, 2014
Plugged in and worked with touchscreen capability instantly. Very attractive, solidly built, very responsive, nice image quality at this price point. I'm writing this review upon receipt of monitor, but it impresses quickly. At this early stage I am recommending it.
on December 25, 2013
I have an older PC (4 years old), but recently upgraded it to Windows 8. A keyboard and mouse works OK, but you really need a touch screen to take full advantage of Windows 8. This monitor delivers! It is also much crisper in terms of color and clarity than my "main" monitor, which is a Dell 24".

Using this monitor as a second screen works well, but in order to do so there is a simple set up needed by windows. Otherwise, the touch may register on your main monitor.

To set it up, do the following:
1. Press the Windows key and hit S to bring up search.
2. Type in "Tablet"
3. Click on "Tablet PC Settings"
4. Click on "Setup"
5. Follow the instructions, which basically identifies which monitor is your touch screen.

The stand seems a little gimmicky. I don't have the need to lay it flat, so I leave it up most of the time. I suppose this could be a useful feature for some people, but I think it is a little difficult to adjust. Overall, I think this is a great monitor. I may get another one in the near future!
on January 4, 2016
A very well made Plug and Play touch screen monitor. It effectively transform WIN8 and WIN10 machines into tablet PCs.

Image Quality: 8/10 (I believe the display penal is IPS)
Touch Response: 9/10

For those people experiencing bad image quality and/or inaccurate touch points, the most likely cause is the video card. When the video card correctly output 1920x1080 signal, the image should be edge to edge with no black boarder or cut off. There is a software bug in the driver of older versions of AMD video chip/card that makes the HDMI image smaller on screen. The result is fuzzy image and inaccurate touch response. There are three possible solutions. 1) Buy a new video card. 2) Use alternative connection besides HDMI 3) For those people familiar with Windows registry, there is a workaround fix that requires editing registry. (Search for keywords: AMD HDMI underscan registry)