Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stuhrling Original Men's 725.01 Gen X Axial Automatic Skeleton Stainless Steel Black Dial Watch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 12, 2013
This is a nice looking, large, thick, heavy watch. Pros: big, solid, looks good, skeleton watch, functional. Cons: big, heavy, poor luminesence, no date window.

The watch isn't as big as some other popular watches, but is larger, thicker and heavier than many. The specific measurements are in the listing. For comparison, I posted a picture of this watch next to a Hamilton Men's HML-H70455533 Khaki Field Black Dial Watch (which is my normal, everyday watch). The Stuhrling is noticeably larger and heavier. I don't think the listing includes the weight, but the Stuhrling is 105grams (~3.75 ounces). My Hamilton is about 40% lighter.

If you have small wrists, this watch may be too big. Beyond personal preference and fashions, the watch is big enough that it may not physically fit some wearers. I apparently have somewhat small wrists (~6.5 inch circumference) for a man and the watch barely fits. I have to wear the watch with the band on the smallest size. If my wrist were any smaller,the watch wouldn't fit. Moreover, on my wrist, the watch is as large as the top of my wrist.

I felt the watch looks as good (or better) in person as it does in the pictures online. It is a really nice looking watch. The blue hands provide enough contrast against the black and silver to permit the time to be read without too much difficulty (I have returned other skeleton watches that did not have contrasting hands - they were impossible to use to tell time).

The automatic movement seems to be working fairly well and appears to be reasonably accurate. I wound the watch when I first received it, and have not had to wind it in the week that I have worn it.

The biggest problem (IMO) with this watch is the luminescence on the hands and face of the watch. It is terrible. At first, I though the hands and face were not luminescent. After experimenting, I determined that the hands, the number 12, and the hour dots/markers, are luminescent (barely). I uploaded an as shot picture (taken in the dark) of my Hamilton and the Stuhrling side by side. Before taking the picture, I placed both watches 3 inches away from a 45W light bulb for 15 seconds. As you can see, the Hamilton is very bright. The Stuhrling, however, is barely visible. This was almost a deal breaker for me, but I like the looks of the watch enough (and it was cheap enough) to keep as an occasional, daytime only watch.
review image review image
on February 7, 2014
Great looking watch, it looks awesome in your hand.
I always love how the skeleton watches looks like, so I decided to go for one, and let me tell you, No regrets.

The only downside is that if you dont use it very often, it stops, so you'll need to re-adjust the time beside than that its great.
on January 8, 2014
I picked this watch up on a black friday deal. Great investment. The style is superb. It is designed really well & is an eye catcher without being too flashy. If you would like a stylish, well built watch without breaking the bank, stuhrling is the way to go.
on April 16, 2014
I love this watch, I always get compliments about it. I read complaints about not being able to see the time, but I don't seem to have a problem, and my vision is not great.
on April 23, 2014
I bought this for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day and he loves it! It is really high quality and presents really well. It looks great on his arm!