Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on November 12, 2013
We had a good experience with the seller and are very happy with this system, It has a wireless keyboard and mouse and is fast. It was upgraded to 8.1 as soon as we received it with quiet a few other upgrades. It took us a day or 2 to get used to windows 8 but we are pleased with this purchase and the price we paid. Once we downloaded the necessary driver for our printer it was great. Now our laptop and Imac and this system all use the same printer. We would recommend this system to anyone who wants a good pc for a reasonable price.
on November 17, 2013
This is my first new desktop in five years. I had a Sony Vaio all-in-one met with a merciful end. Overall, this is a really nice machine. The downsides for those who care are McAfee (in my opinion it's garbage--I use AVG and really like it); the keyboard is cheap (it has a horrible feel, actually no feel), and the mouse is so-so. I use a Logitech M505 mouse that I quite like, it's a simple three-button mouse, but it's programmable.The minor drawbacks are McAfee, keyboard, mouse, and Windows 8.

Everything else is the upside. Windows 8 is not difficult to use. However, I installed Start 8 which allows me to customize Windows 8. I wasn't able (permitted) to download Windows 8.1--it's a Microsoft issue. I sent Microsoft an e-mail but have yet to hear from anyone. However, with Start 8 I have a start button and have been able to customize the OS to operate as a hybrid of Win 7 and Win 8. It's great.

Second thing. I didn't want to be forced to use a password when I boot the computer. So, I found a simple command to do away with the password-required screen and the required password. If anyone's interested, reply and I'll give details. It's a really simple operation. Also, there is an easy-to-get-to factory recovery. So if you make a major oops, all you have to do is to recovery and you can select to recover the machine exactly as it was at the first boot.

This Dell is quiet; super-quiet. The fan is a whisper at its loudest. By the way, there are speakers in this all-in-one; and the screen brightness can be adjusted with a button on the power-button side of the machine.

I also loaded CCleaner, Defraggler, Diskkeeper to maintain order on my hard drive. And I have my scanner, printer, etc. on the machine. One note of caution. I had a Plugable 2.0 USB Hub attached and I think there was a compatibility problem. I unhooked the hub and am using the 6 USB ports on the all-in-one and this PC is performing flawlessly. If you need a USB hub, you might want to consider one of the 3.0 hubs; Plugable makes several 3.0 hubs that have received excellent reviews. Plugable 7 Port Aluminum USB 3.0 Hub (VIA VL812 Chipset with Latest 908x Firmware, and UL Certified 4A Power Supply)

Update: I've finally been able to Windows 8.1, it's finishing as I write this; it's a lengthy download. I uninstalled Start 8 to allow the Windows update a clean install. I'll check the update with Microsoft's Start Button; it if works as they say, I'll keep the 8.1 environment. If not, I'll reload Start 8 and return to Windows 7 look while running under Windows 8.1. I'll update as necessary. This update is being written on my laptop.

Post-8.1 Update: 8.1 does not have a start button. It has a button that when struck takes one to the 'tiles' screen. I've reinstalled Start8 on my machine; and I once again have a start button. Whether you're using Windows8 or 8.1, Start8 is an excellent addition to either OS; thanks to Start8 I now have a hybrid of Windows 7 and 8.1 and the modified OS is working beautifully.
55 comments11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2013
It sure is nice not having a computer tower sitting on the floor in my little space under my desk. I love this all in one. easy to plug in USB's and other things because it sits on my desk which makes it so much easier to reach I no longer have to struggle to plug things into my computer. It's all handy and easy. make your next computer an all in one and you'll see for yourself how easy it is.
on October 10, 2013
$725 delivered Oct 2013. Amazon does not charge taxes nowadays for products shipped directly from manufacturers outside your state. Seems tricky, but on $700 computer, that saves $60.
Seems great for kids so far, great price.

The Square Trade insurance has a maximum amount of damage coverage of $125, which isn't shown on the Amazon website, or if it was, I didn't see it. You have to put in the S/N from the computer, there are 3 numbers on the back of the Dell, but none says S/N. Then you need to email Square Trade some purchase ID number and they don't tell you where that number comes from. I can see it now, "oh, you didn't enter the info correctly, we won't pay". So far, Square Trade sucks, is deceptive, is complicated, isn't worth it.

Buy low end speed computers for kids (if they don't play high end games). This one's perfect for my favorite human on the planet, 11 year old Emma.
Dell makes a good product nowadays.
on December 30, 2013
Great 23" monitor easy to setup and does everything I need a computer to do. Windows 8 is a breeze to learn with the included tutorial.
VINE VOICEon July 22, 2014
I love my new Dell Inspiron. It took forever to make up my mind to buy this model but I was forced to make a decision when Windows stopped supporting Windows XP. I had to go to Windows 8.1 and I needed a new machine. So far this computer has served me well. I am not a techie so I cannot comment on how it works or what it does exactly, I just know that it and the wireless mouse and the wireless keyboard are extremely convenient and easy to use. I love it.
on April 27, 2014
I wanted to go wireless and save space, plus a good machine and that is what I can say about this computer. Besides that, it is easy to use, and the design is beautiful, it looks great in my living room.
on April 27, 2014
I am pleased with my purchase of a Dell Inspiron 23" All-In-One computer. It looks great and was easy to plug in and use right out of the box. I like that I have only one power cord to deal with. I got a free upgrade to Windows 8.1. All in all, it met my expectations perfectly.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2014
I love this computer. The only thing I don't like is Windows 8 but that is a personal preference. I did buy a USB hub to go with the computer and that has been helpful, as one port is taken up by the wireless keyboard/mouse.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2014
I am impressed with the machine itself. It seems very well made, it is so much more quiet than my former Dell, and so much faster. This is my forth Dell computer; I was able to use all of them. This one, however, is incredibly difficult to use. My first problem was in trying to connect to the internet. This computer didn't like Verizon FIOS for some reason; my email wouldn't work. This was a major problem because Dell or Microsoft had to verify my computer, which they could not do. I could not go on the internet for help, nor could I refer to a manual because it doesn't come with one. The introductory "help" videos were annoying and difficult to use. Why couldn't they use simple to understand directions?

The second problem was trying to transfer my old files to this new one, a long and convoluted process.

I still cannot use my computer to edit photographs.

I find using this computer complex and illogical. Now, I have never used an Apple computer before, but I am told that it is user friendly, the antithesis of this computer. I foresee cursing out this computer every time I use it. I should have bought an Apple.