Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

VINE VOICEon September 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We live in a three level townhome with a 65lb dog that loves to shed. Our current vacuum is the BISSELL 5770 Healthy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum which does an admirable job keeping our house clean. However, it weighs in at 35lbs and it becomes quite tiresome having to constantly haul it up and down multiple flights of stairs. Therefore we've been in the market for a lighter vacuum we could place upstairs and leave the BISSELL 5770 Healthy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum in the basement den. We decided to try out the Dirt Devil Vigor Cyclonic Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner. Here are my thoughts;

Pros

+ Lightweight (see Cons below).

+ Easy to assemble.

+ Bagless cyclonic technology. Twist out inner cyclone filter makes cleaning easy.

+ 5 levels of height adjustment.

+ Powerful suction with a 10 amp motor.

+ Multiple attachments.

+ Washable filter.

+ Affordable.

+ Compact size.

Cons

- So lightweight it tips over with even the most minor pull. Not really heavy enough to hurt you but can give you a bruise or two if you're not careful.

- Power cord could be longer. It also doesn't stay attached to the clamp on the handle.

- Extremely small dirt canister. Not ideal for a pet household despite the vacuum's name.

- Some of the attachments fall off of their holding clamps very easily.

- No power button on the handle, only on the base of the unit.

- Vacuum extension hose consistently pinches the hairs on my arm when using it.

The Dirt Devil Vigor Cyclonic Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner is an inexpensive and powerful little vacuum that does its job and does it pretty well. It had no problems picking up dust, dirt and pet hair from the carpet, beds or other furniture. This vacuum is perfect for our smaller upstairs and laundry room. It's versatile, lightweight and compact which makes for easy use and storage. The 10 amp motor provides good suction and it will pick up just about anything. Unfortunately, this isn't the perfect vacuum for a pet household, at least not one with a large dog or multiple pets. The small size of the dirt canister alone rules this vacuum out completely unless you enjoy emptying it after every 5-10 minutes of use in heavy pet traffic areas. The lightweight construction while convenient comes with the problem of the vacuum constantly tipping/falling over when using the attachment hose. This can be quite dangerous on stairs. Overall I found this vacuum rather capable despite my concerns. However, if you're willing to up your price threshold to the 150 dollar range you'll find there are many more options to choose from that will offer you much better performance for your money. I would recommend this vacuum to people living in apartments or smaller sized condos or homes but nothing larger, especially those with pets.
VINE VOICEon October 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We have a Dyson that seems to be losing its suction after about five years. We still thought it was doing a very good job until we tried this Dirt Devil.

Background: Dirt Devil, truthfully, doesn't sound like a powerhouse of a vacuum. I've always had that impression. Like Bissell.

Test: So to fully test it, we ran the Dyson once over the most highly dog-trafficked area: My side of the bed. They sleep there, they hide there and they shed a lot. In a 7' x 10' area with the first pass of the Dirt Devil (after we already ran the Dyson there), the container was full. And there were bright shiny streaks on the carpet like it had been professionally fluffed and cleaned.

I'm very happy with this Dirt Devil and I sincerely hope it doesn't lose the suction the way my Dyson has over the years.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Not everyone can open the video, so please forgive that I'm repeating some things.

First thing on opening the box, instead of foam, easy to recycle pressed cardboard. I like that a lot.
It took me under 15 minutes to assemble, all the pieces snap together with the exception of 3 phillips head screws. (I'm so proud of myself for knowing what a phillips head is!)
It comes with a dust brush attachment as well as a mini turbo beater attachment. They have silicone bristles, making pet hair pick up and release much easier than a standard bristle. Here's a BIG plus...they click on to the vac, and STAY on! Not even my Dyson tools stay on as well. Even if pet hair isn't an issue, the mini turbo is great for stairs.

Both the on/off and handle release is operated by foot, and I found the handle release a bit fussy in that it's not always going to click securely until after you have a few times under your belt, but that's just getting used to a machine.

It did very well on both carpet and bare floors. I have 2 non-shedding Maltese, and a Water Spaniel that does shed, as the video shows. That clump of brown hair is hers.
I should add that I shed a lot as well.

I don't expect as many years of service out of this machine as a high end model, but as far as design and suction go, this is a good bet in terms of value.
55 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2014
I was torn between purchasing this one and another one due to some of the reviews. I have been very pleased with this unit and the attachment that really sucks up the hair from the car and from my sofa. The vacuum itself works very well between hard to carpeted surfaces and has good suction for the money.
on February 19, 2016
This is my second Dirt Devil (the first was a small, less expensive model) and I am stumped. The first one I bought lasted for three and half years. Granted, I had to clean it fairly often ... take it apart, unclog the hose, clean the filter, remove pet hair from the roller, etc but overall it was an excellent vacuum cleaner that even did bare floors perfectly without kicking dirt back on my feet. So when it finally bit the dust, I stayed with Dirt Devil and upgraded to THIS model because of the longer hose extension and the five floor height settings. Both of those features are GREAT. I especially love the extra long hose. However, the filter clogs way too quickly. I get the purpose of a hepa filter but holy moly, I can't be stopping to clean the filter after just 15 minutes use. After each cleaning of even a small area, I have to clean the filter and let it dry. If it came with an extra filter or two, I would not mind that so much because I could always have a clean filter handy, but part of what sold me on this one was the washable filter! So far, I have had to clear 5-6 hose clogs (which I don't mind really, we have dogs) but after 10-15 minutes of use, it starts kicking dirt back on my feet and stops sucking up the dirt. I would send it back and get the first cheaper model again, but I don't have the box anymore. Sigh. If I were you, I would downgrade. It would be an upgrade.
on January 27, 2016
It was working fine for 2 weeks. Then it start to shut off by itself after 5 min. I had to wait like an 1hr something like that or until it was cool down. I don't know what the deal is with this vacuum. That is why I give 2 stars. If it didn't stop working I would have given 5 stars.i never had this kind problem before.
on January 11, 2015
I have owned this vacuum for less than a month, the attachments haven't worked since day 1 because there isn't enough suction, and after 2 or 3 uses it started just turning off after about 5 min. of vacuuming. Not sure if it's overheating or what...my house is extremely tiny and I can only vacuum half of it before it turns off and I have to wait a few hours before it will start working again. I have owned many less expensive vacuums over the years and this is by far the biggest waste of money/piece of junk I've ever purchased. I will not waste anymore money on dirt devil products.If I hadn't thrown away the box I would return this useless item pronto. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!!!!
on March 2, 2014
I read the other reviews and for all the other vacuum cleaners at this price range, the one had the best reviews. Assembly is fairly easy, but this is a very cheap vacuum. I can vacuum a room empty the canister and vacuum the same room again and it still picks up the same amount of dirt as the first run. I usually buy the pet vacs because they work better even though i don't have pets. The way the hose attaches and the canister placement its not engineered properly. The canister doesn't even have a proper seal for where it connects to the base of the vacuum. For a dirt devil I expected much better!!
on April 5, 2016
My husband had some difficulties putting this one together, but he's not really much for following instructions either. He did tighten everything and got it together though. The suction is good after constantly emptying after each room. However the reason I rated three stars is because the quality. Very cheap like compared to other dirt devils I have owned in the past. Could just be the way they make them now. I feel like I am going to break it rolling it across the carpet. The hose also slips out of the bottom and really should have a button lock. The shipping was fast and it was cheaper than going to the store for me and no damage during shipment. It is an okay cheap vacuum but not near perfect.
on May 7, 2015
A good vacuum for 70$ or less that you're paying for it. It's an upright bagless vacuum, which comes with a narrow pipe attachment, a brush attachment and a pet hair nozzle.
Pros:

1. It's got a good vacuum power- we have a cat, and it picks up stray hairs and litter off the floor with ease
2. The attachments mean that you can clean every area of the house, including furniture and drapes
3. For the price, you can throw it out the window if it annoys you and buy a new one.
4. Easy to empty the canister and clean it.

Cons:

1. NOISY BUGGER. The noise it makes sounds actively angry, like an enraged animal. Our cat hates it and hides.
2. It's got a HEPA filter, the purpose of which may be very clear to people with allergies, but all it means to me is that the filter exhaust blows away lint that I'm trying to pick up with the vacuum. Then I start making noises like an enraged animal too.
3. Not very convenient to clean under furniture with - none of the attachments seem to be designed to clean a large area of floor and the main body is too large to clean under your standard couch, say.
4. The power cable cannot be sucked into the body of the device, which is a feature I've grown so used to with all the other vacuum cleaners I've ever owned, that I was astounded at its absence here. Instead you manually coil the cable around the back of the device.
5. The thing which actually provides the vacuum power is a hose (in the product picture you can see it going around the device, on the left side, and plugs in to the large base). For me, it fell out of the base, spontaneously, until I learned not to attach it the way the manual instructs, but a notch lower down the handle.