Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsonite Luggage Winfield 2 Fashion HS Spinner 24
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on May 22, 2014
I was a bit worried buying the Orange colour, that it would be too bright but also thought it might be a matt colour and therefore plastic looking. I was delighted when it arrived to find the size perfect, the colour orange is muted but shiny and with a nice modern pattern, with brush strokes in different shades of orange & brown stripe effect. It is incredibly light and manoeuvrable which is what I hoped for. I'm hoping it will live up to being taken to a new place on a daily basis for almost a month but then it has a 10 year warranty. I shall be able to spot it on airport carrousels without too much trouble. I would have liked a key with the lock as I'm worried incase the lock jams. There is a side handle too, useful for lifting on to a bed or luggage rack.
I recommend this for looks, style & manoeuvrability.
Now for an update after use! This suitcase has been transported by a transport company on a daily basis and thrown into the back of a car each day over three weeks and the case has survived. It has some external damage to the colour pattern on the suitcase but you'll get that with most cases, however due to it being a fifty fifty split case & one side having a zip mesh compartment my contents stayed quite secure. It was very useful having two equal sides to pack when moving to different accommodation every day. It's a shame about the damage but it's still a good case and a useful case for frequent trips as I can find things quite easily.
on July 16, 2014
I'm in the airline business and I travel a lot. I was using a suitcase made for flight crews but it was heavy. I packed a week's worth of clothes for a trip to Iceland and when placed on the airport scale, the whole package weight 28lbs! I ordered the charcoal gray but orange would have been OK too. The gray color is easier to spot now among the sea of black suitcases on the carousel! The only negative is there is no outboard strap to attach a briefcase, etc.
on June 11, 2015
I would give 4.5 stars if I could. Honestly so far this bag has been great for me. Being able to open it in the middle means there's less stacks of clothes to sift through to find what you want to wear. The zippable divider also makes it easier to separate clothes, e.g. clean and dirty. I've taken it on a flight (it's size was perfect and complied with Spirit's rigid size limitation for a CHECKED bag. I've also taken it on 2 road trips with only scuffs to show for it. The wheels seem awkward but I was very pleasantly surprised to see how well they went over even rough surfaces, and their not being fixed makes it easy to roll several different ways, and the handle for that has held up. The lock works well, TSA had no problems with it, I'll take a pic of the instructions for it and post it later in case anyone lost theirs. Handles seems little weak to me, but they've held up so far through airport baggage handlers, as well as my own lugging it around with up to 40 lbs. I'm sure I could go more but that was Spirit's limit. The smooth surface makes it easy to slide across surfaces, so if you cram it in a car there's not gonna be a lot of friction getting it in or out as with a cloth bag. In addition it makes it water resistant, so even in pretty heavy rain or puddles your stuff will stay dry.

Although if you're like me, orange isn't really your color, and it's a little loud, BUT you'll be happy when baggage claim comes as the bag is very easy to spot. After all it's a suitcase, not a watch, it's not really saying that much about you.

People have complained that the zipper broke easy, and I will admit that I was surprised at how often it does zip improperly. BUT this is based off my high expectations of Samsonite, so it's not bad just not as good as I'd have hoped. As far as breaking, if you're mildly observant, you'll notice when the zipper misaligns and just unzip and rezip it, that's really all you have to do. Don't force it or just assume it's small and let it go, just rezip it. Takes maybe 3 seconds. So this was the biggest con as I was expecting YKK zipper quality, but this is just average.

CONS: The bars for the drag handle protrude into the bag. This is common, but I've no clue why as it's just a nuisance that means you have to line your suitcase with socks/underwear or rolled clothes to avoid creases. Someday they'll figure it out and put them on the outside. Not a big problem, just annoying.

I'll update as time goes on.
on January 1, 2014
This suitcase is a beautiful burnt orange color that looks painted on. You can see, "brush stokes." The size and flexibility to expand the case is perfect. The case itself is extremely lightweight and the spinner wheels work great. I would definitely recommend this case.
on October 16, 2014
Great luggage. If you're considering it for international travel, STOP RIGHT THERE BUDDY. Get the smaller one, 20inches. I returned this one for the 20 inch and it was perfect for trains etc. Not too big at all. MOBILE, and that is key on those trains!
on February 3, 2015
I travel quite a bit, and though I don't have to check luggage often, it does happen occasionally. I usually just travel with a carry-on, though. When it came time to pick a new set, I knew I wanted to go with one that was likely to be around for quite a while. That way, I'd be able to replace the carry-on as needed without needing to invest in a whole new set or travel with mismatched luggage (the shame!!)

I've flown 6 times now in the month or so that I've had this suitcase and the matching 20", and I've gotten quite a few compliments on the set. I like that it's modern and bright, but the shape and pattern (it looks texturized, but it's smooth) make it look a bit more upscale and expensive. It reminds me a little of some of the shiny Tumi cases I was also looking at, but these pieces were considerably cheaper.

My only real complaint is that the set scratches pretty easily. After maybe 15 flights (I bought the carry-on first), the carry-on has a deep gash from sliding across something sharp. It's getting a bit scuffed, but it still looks pretty good and I'm not concerned about their structural soundness just yet. I suspect I'll get 9-12 months out of the carry-on and 2-3 years out of the 24" suitcase.
on June 24, 2015
I was looking for the perfect suitcase to take for a from NYC to South Africa in May 2015, and this was definitely it. After using a similar piece from a different company for a 3-week trip to Asia last September, and having it basically fall apart after one use, I was pretty wary of the hard-sided, four-wheeling suitcases.

I love everything about this piece of luggage from the beautiful orange color to the paintbrush strokes design to how light yet incredibly sturdy it turned out to be. After three continents, 8 flights and countless hours of travel, this held up beautifully with little to no wear and tear. Since the weather would be changing between our various locations in South Africa, I had to pack quite a variety of items, including a puffy coat (in May!). In spite of this, I actually only wound up packing half of it, leaving plenty of room for gifts and souvenirs. It expands, which is also a plus, but I never had to use that feature. It was only 23 lbs when I checked it at JFK. It was incredibly easy to wheel and very light. I'm extremely pleased with this purchase, and hope its with me for many more trips across the world!
on October 28, 2015
Bought 2 in orange. Very bright, hard to miss (that's the point)..
review image
on November 23, 2015
Very sturdy, light weight, and easy to roll. I needed a big and sturdy luggage for our family travel to Europe. We rented a car in Europe for a month. This fits perfectly for our rent car Volvo wagon. Three of this size of luggages fit in the trunk. If I purchased 28 inch, I would regret because. 24 inch is perfect for handling and fitting into the rent car. It isn't over weight for the flight too! For the 28 inch luggage, it's easy to be charged over-weight fee.
on October 18, 2014
I love this suitcase. I use it pretty much every time I fly out, it is too big for carry on in case anyone was wondering.

The durable hardshell casing hasn't had a dent or breaks yet and I have used it for both domestic and international travel. The spinner wheels work seamlessly and I haven't had a problem with it. The charcoal color seems awesome and it's like it was handstained/painted and you can see the brush strokes. Pretty cool.

The bag itself has a divider for underwear, stuff like that.

Highly recommended.