Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on January 9, 2014
For years, I've been waiting for a "new" "old school" Dustbuster to come back. This is it! Forget the models with the super-duper crevice tools and telescoping blah blah blah. This is the simple, no nonsense Dustbuster you remember, but stronger. I got the 9.6V and it works well (only five dollars more than the less powerful model that's one step down). I use it for pet cleanup, specifically the dreaded task of cleaning kitty litter around the box and up the stairs. This little one does the job handily. The vac is strong, so if you angle it a certain way, the 'blowback' from the vac can blow the dirt particles away, but that isn't too much of a problem if you have a reasonable IQ and aren't blowing only feathers or dandelions with it! It does have a Ni-Cad battery, which means if you use it for 30 seconds and then plop it back on the charger, the battery will "remember" that charge and whittle your battery life down to nothing over time. Other models with a lithium-ion battery are MUCH more, so if you aren't into paying double for a silly Dustbuster, all you have to do is remember NOT to charge it until it needs a FULL charge and you're good to go. It was also easy to clean and supposedly has a washable cup and filter (haven't done that yet but not needing to buy filters is a big plus). A couple of additional things prevented it from getting 5 stars: (1) my old one had an indicator light on the back that told you it was fully seated in the charger; this one doesn't. (2) the nozzle opening is a bit less wide than I'd like for the purposes of kitty litter maintenance. Lastly, directions clearly state to charge for 24 hours before using. That seemed excessive to me, but I did it anyway. Working like a champ for now; I'll update if things change.
1111 comments|428 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2014
I normally wait a little longer to rate and item but I really like this. I actually bought this with low expectations based on some other reviews but I am very happy. I use it every day! I use it in the kitchen for crumbs mostly and around the rest of the house for just general dirt. It's also very handy to suck up bugs that make their way in. I have had no issue picking anything up EXCEPT pet hair that is on a couch. It does nothing for that, but that's not why I bought this, I have something else for that. It will get pet hair tumbleweeds though! I was also impressed when it picked up actual dust on a bookshelf. I just thought I would test it out on a shelf that had a thin layer of dust and it picked it up. I don't tend to use it for that purpose, seems like the rag is faster but I was impressed that it picked it up. It's very lightweight and isn't really all that loud. So far I have had no issues with the battery life or any other function. I'll update the review if anything goes downhill.

Update 9/09/14: This is still going strong and I actually use it even more now. I use this at least three times a day just to clean up my little one's cracker mess! I also use it to clean the crumbs out of her high chair. It works really great on hard surfaces. Still super happy with this!
Update 7/19/15: I am still so happy with this and it continues to work great. I use it everyday, and I'll admit I'm lazy about dumping it and I have not had to replace anything. I'm buying a second one for the basement.
Update 10/28/15: Well this unit ended up loosing it's battery life just this past couple of weeks! It wouldn't stay on much more than a minute or so before it would start sounding really weak. I contacted amazon and they directed me to black & decker, they replied right away and sent me out a replacement unit. I haven't had the chance to set it up yet but I will keep the review updated with any changes. Overall I still love this unit and don't regret my purchase, I'm also happy with the great service from Black & Decker.
review image review image
77 comments|262 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2014
It was difficult to find a good cordless hand vac with wall mount, but this one has been great. We mainly use it to clean up scattered cat litter from ceramic tile. It is powerful enough to do this and easy to empty. We only use it a couple of minutes at a time, but it does not lose any power during that time. it sits snugly in the wall mount and is easy to take out and put back in.
11 comment|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2014
After charging, full power, suction lasted for less than 5 seconds. Then it was reduced to a sick whine. Maybe only incidental to this particular device, but based on my experience, I cannot recommend.
Also, this device does not have a charge light which I have found helpful on others.
88 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2014
I charged this for at least 24 hours but it still will not hold a charge for even 30 seconds. It dies almost immediately after turning it on. Disappointing because I thought this was supposed to be a good brand.
on August 8, 2014
I love this cordless vacuum! It has super great suction power and I like that you can see when the vacuum needs to be emptied. One of the best ones I've ever owned.
on May 29, 2014
Old one wore out after many years. Could not find what I wanted locally. They were too big, too expensive etc. Found this on Amazon. It works great. Price was great. No more shopping and looking.
on April 4, 2014
After having a Black and Decker Dustbuster for years, I was glad that they are still made. My old one's battery finally bit the dust (no pun intended) after 10 years. Pretty good longevity. The price is reasonable. It works great. Very good pickup. Easy to empty. Why not 5 stars? There is no way to adequately clean the plastic nose cone. There is always some gunk that just makes it look yucky. I would have a dark plastic tip at the last one-fourth and that would still allow you to see when it needs to be emptied. Even if you wash out the dirt, some remains and it just bothers me. Otherwise, it is a nice product for quick pick ups around the kitchen and house.
on August 18, 2015
I absolutely loved this product at first. It worked so well for cleaning up after pet messes. Cleaning the filter and clear part that collects debris was a breeze. However, after a few months, it will not hold a charge at all. I will leave it charged for several hours or even overnight, but nothing works. As soon as I take it off the charger, it holds a charge for maybe 10 seconds before completely dying. I returned to my account to attempt to return it, and conveniently, it is past the return window. I am not pleased and feel as though I wasted my money. I have to go buy another product and HOPE it works longer than a few months. Since I am not the only one that has experienced this issue, I would NOT recommend this product to anyone.
66 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2014
I replaced an older B&D 7.2V wall mounted unit with this newer model. This one has much better vacuum power. Wall mounted base is smaller then old unit but it is easier to place the vacuum back in. Charger connections are in the base unit so you don't have to mess with a cord every time you use it. Accessory tools nest inside each other and then are placed back in the vacuum port for storage.. Not crazy about the design or color scheme, but the unit functions as desired and gets the job done.