Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Size: One SizeColor: Matte BlackChange

TOP 50 REVIEWERon December 21, 2014
Beats are great headphones but are they worth $200?? Not really, at least in my opinion.. I have purchased several pair, few for me and a few for gifts.. I have always purchased mine on black friday for under $100.. For $100 they are amazing headphones!!! Few tips to keep an eye on

1.) Some reports speak of beats breaking.. Older beats did because they didn't have a metal band inside the plastic to make them stronger.. At some point beats added this.. I believe it was right after the monster breakup but just to be sure I can promise all of the "Drenched" in color beats have this metal band!! This makes them very very very durable and premium headphones!

2.) Beats are designed for heavy bass music! Meaning they will sound better with rap, pop, and poppy rock. These solo beats produce no where close to "Premium" sound BUT for $100 - $150 headphones they do produce great sound for the price!

Beats are trendy, cool, colorful, and sound good.. this is why they are so popular but there are headphones that do sound much better and much lower cost than the standard retail of beats headphones.. If you can get beats on a good deal they are worth the price.. If you have a kid, friend, or anyone else who is asking for beats they probably want them for their cool factor.. I wouldn't go cheap or even buy better headphones (Even if they cost more like Bose) if you are specifically asked for "Beats".. Again this is because of their cool factor and probably the majority of their customers want them because they are cool

The new drenched versions do not hold fingerprints! My favorite part!

Lastly, keep in mind that the cable that comes with them, while it works for android is designed for apple and iphone products.. The cable will work great for sound but the volume button and stuff might not work on android.. This is mentioned on the packaging!

All in all i would recommend beats as a premium headphone if you can find them at a good price.. the newer beats are very well made and they do sound great for $100 headphones.. If you have to buy them at full price of $200, they might not sound nearly as good as other $200 headphones but they are cool and trendy
22 comments41 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2015
I bought my beats in February of 2015 .They broke already I took really good care of them not a scratch on them. They had great sound love them. For as much as I spent on them my old cheap 10 dollar head phones lasted longer.i took them off my neck an them broke in half. I was so upset now there in the case brand new an broken.
review image
22 comments70 of 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2014
My brother got a pair of these for my daughter a little while ago, an upgrade from the Soul by Ludacris SL100 set she has. Of course she was happy, she had the headphones that all teens want and these sounded pretty good. Nice bass, smooth sound and of course the look and brand recognition.

Here comes the surprise... 2 weeks later I saw her wearing the Soul headphones, my reaction: Oh No, the Beats got damaged! "Nope." Huh? Nonchalantly she stated "These sound better..." Huh? But the Beats are the cool headphones right? "Yeah... but... I like these better."

I had to try them again myself. She was right. Although the Beats do sound pretty good (to me), the Soul has a nicer sound to it. The Bass seems fuller and the Mids and Highs seem clearer. By themselves, the Beats sound solid, but comparing it directly with another headphone set, the Beats just don't stand up to scrutiny. For kicks and giggles I picked up and compared an old set of Sonys that I had lying around, probably paid $40-$50 for them 3-4 years ago. The Beats definitely gave me better Bass but the Mids and Highs on the Sonys sounded better. That surprised me!

So now my doughter is continuing to wear her one year old Soul headphones (that cost half the price of the Beats) and the Beats are her "back-up set". I may yet convince her to sell it on eBay and put some $$$ in the bank.
0Comment164 of 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2015
I wish these were wireless but they work great and I really like them.
review image
0Comment93 of 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2015
I love my beats. these are my first ever beats and i am in love with them. I just got them today! idk why other people complain, but my beats arrived right on time, and it's perfect! not broken, 100% new, nothing missing. I ordered teal colored. love them! and would buy another pair in the future. just note that the pictures make my beats look like a different color like baby blue, but they're not. annoying how the camera changes the color.
review image
22 comments49 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2013
Now i have to say they do look very cool. They are very stylish. But to be honest the sound and quality is not very good. They are made of plastic. It looks like they would they wouldn't last very long unless you took very good care of them. Ill give them that they are actually pretty comfortable. Now when you put them on you'll hear that it has some great bass. But the bass doesn't sound like its supposed to, it muds out the mids and highs. Dr dre intended these earphones to be used for rap and hip hop. Now i suppose if you don't care for sound quality and all you care is for the swag then go ahead and buy them. But they really aren't worth that much money.
I have some vmodas, and to be honest they have way better bass and more bass than beats. They are the all around the best bass head headphones you can get. They have way better highs and mids and are practically indestructible. They are better in every way (except for looks, but they do look pretty cool tho). They are even better than beats studios and are only about 150 dollars.
Now i know you want to get the beats because all your friends have them, but the truth is that you can get a lot more quality for your money. If you do decide to buy them tho i suggest you get the beats pros instead and that you buy them from craiglist so you can pay what they are actually worth.
88 comments186 of 239 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2015
To didn't purchase mine from Amazon I got them from target but they are the same thing .... They Are a horrible peace of plastic junk , the sound quality is great but they are so fragile , mine broke when I accidentally put a bit of pressure on them as I pushed my door when I opened it and had them on the same hand . They are not worth the money at all
review image
22 comments106 of 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2014
These headphones are simply awesome! They have such great sound and clarity for such a small headphone!! Very happy with the purchase.
on October 14, 2015
5 Months after purchase and the headphones broke. The plastic snapped where it meets the cushioning at the top. For the money I spent on these and the "name brand" this certainly is not very sturdy quality. I cannot get any response on what to so to exchange or return. I will not be purchasing any BEATS headphones again and I seriously doubt I will be purchasing from Amazon ever again.
on January 12, 2016
The beats I received were totally and completely fake. The actual headphones were plastic, coated with metallic paint, beaten up, and had incorrect words printed on the top of the band, along with mesh inside the ear cup. The headphones sounded terrible and looked even worse. And of course they were packaged terribly as well, the users manual was used with a food stain on one of the pages, the cord was wrapped with a twist tie, the headphones themselves were in no plastic bag, and a piece of the cardboard with "dr.dre info" had been super glued in and was detached completely in the shipping process. It would take an idiot not to return these fakes inmeadiately