Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on February 10, 2014
I live in a fairly spacious apartment and needed a stereo for movies and music for parties. I took a chance and bought this and I'm glad I did. I find the music quality to be very clear and I haven't even turned it up all the way to see how loud it is because it can get very loud. The aux in feature was a must for me in order to listen to music from my computer. The iPhone dock is a nice feature too. I love how it will charge your iPhone and you can use the remote to control your iPhone. For the price I don't think there's a better system out there and I would definitely recommend this system.
on February 15, 2014
This system is smaller than I had imagined, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I ordered it to use in the garage when working on the car(s) and have it on top of a floor cabinet. Since it's small, there's still enough room to store additional things up there.

I've only had the system for a day. I got to use it last evening when my buddy stopped over to change his brakes. I cranked it up and the sound was fairly crisp and clear. It doesn't have a huge thundering bass rumble, but I wouldn't really expect that from a small system in such a large area. It did sound great listening to the local rock station.

I haven't fooled with it too much. It looks like the equalizer is all preset settings, no customizable options. There is a bass boost, but I didn't notice much difference with the rock we were listening to.
I haven't figured out how to set the tuner presets. I may actually need to consult the instructions for that.

The only problem I had with the unit is the USB function button on the remote was stuck in a depressed position. So the system would revert to the USB function when the remote had a battery in it. I couldn't figure out what was wrong at first and was getting really frustrated.

Needless to say, I contacted Amazon support. I was informed that I'd have to purchase a replacement unit as the remote is only available as part of the entire system. I said I'd prefer to contact Sony and inquire about a replacement remote rather than go through that. Sony informed me I'd need to send the unit (not specifically just the remote) to the nearest repair facility, most likely with me being responsible for the shipping fees, as is usually the case.
So, I contacted Amazon support again and explained the situation and what Sony was willing to do. I had the associate order a replacement system, and email me the return label for the first system.

The replacement arrived today. I was impressed Amazon sent it free overnight AND Saturday delivery via UPS. I opened the box and pulled the remote out. All buttons were fine. Popped the battery in and tested it out. Perfect! So I just put the defective remote back into this box and will send it back to Amazon. Couldn't be easier.

I'm hoping to get many years of use from this system, as I have from other Sony systems.
As others have said, the top iPhone/iPod Dock is only for the latest generation i devices. But the USB jack will allow you to use the previous 30 pin connector devices.
Also, there are no RCA jacks to be able to expand this system. First time I've ever seen that, but I wouldn't be using much else in the garage anyhow.
on January 24, 2014
This is a great system for the price. The sound is clear and it's got a great look. It can get pretty loud and yet the sound will still be very clear and crisp. The only thing I wasn't totally amazed by was the bass. It's still got good bass but it won't take you off your feet. Even still though I'm glad I bought it.
on May 3, 2014
THIS IS A NICE LITTLE SYSTEM AND I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. IT WAS EASY TO SET UP EASY TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO PUT MY FAVORITE STATIONS IN. I USE THIS OUTSIDE ON MY DECK AND IT SOUNDS GREAT. PICKS UP ALL MY STATIONS WITHOUT ANY STATIC AND THE SOUND IS WONDERFUL.EVEN MY NEIGHBORS LIKE IT.
on June 20, 2014
This fits all my need almost I wanted a good system and an updated one to use in my store since the old system dosent have the USB slot and can't play from iPod but in the same time I wanted a system that comes with am fm radio that's why I got this on let's talk about it

1- easy to set up
2- you have to get the second antenna wire from next the manual

3-a lot of people complain about the the length of the wires for the speakers will I think it's good size for regular use however if you want to use it like me for a store or you want a speaker in the other room it's easy just cut the wire from the middle and extend it with speaker wire from your local dollar store or any other electronic store I extend the first speaker like 20 feet and the second one like 100 feet and they work perfect
4- to use your old iPhone like the 4s or iPod touch forth gen just hook up the USB wire to the USB slot and play as USB and the good thing is that it charges in the same time hope this review helped
on March 9, 2014
Nice quality and sound for the price. Works better with the remote. When pressing buttons on the system there is a short delay, using the remote seems to work instantly.
on January 9, 2014
Perfect stereo for our bedroom..great sound for a shelf system amazing bass.
For the price amazing buy! anyone wanting a smaller great sounding system should get it.
on March 9, 2016
I purchased this to replace the shelf stereo I've had since the 90's (the display had finally stopped working, and it obviously wasn't compatible with my iPod). This stereo works well, and the sound is pretty good... just not as good as my old system which had larger wooden speakers. If I could afford more, I definitely would have purchased a more expensive one but I had to settle for this.
on January 20, 2014
Nice stereo! The only thing I would change would be to add a treble and bass adjustment. This is the perfect little stereo for a single room, dorm room, office, etc.
on April 20, 2015
The dimensions are probably given but be warned--this is pretty big, especially the speakers, which I think are a foot high and 10 or more inches wide. Much too big for the shelf under my medium size flat screen TV which, so we had to install them on another shelf above, which was problematic because the speaker cord is so short. Maybe 4 or 6 feet. The wire barely reached. The speaker cord is permanently attached to the speaker, and the tuner side has a unique clip that cannot be bought anywhere else, so you cannot easily substitute different speakers. We could have added length to the wire by cutting it and splicing more in, but fortunately we did not have to.