Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

Style Name: 24''|Change

on January 5, 2016
I’m a firm believer that if you spend most of your day staring at your display then you need to make sure you have the best view. There are many factors that come into play when you’re looking to buy a monitor; price, size, resolution, etc. I found it extremely helpful to visit justafax.com. It’s a great site that helps you compare these monitors side by side. The website includes all the key points that you need to keep in mind in order to choose the right monitor. Anyone looking to buy a new monitor should visit justafax.com because it’s a simple way of researching exactly what you need to know for each product before making your final conclusion.
0Comment| 589 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 30, 2013
I picked up the Dell Computer E-Series E2414Hr 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor when it was on sale for $100, and for the price it has more than met my expectations. I was replacing an old 22" Samsung LCD that served me well, but has lost its brightness. Out of the box, the first thing I noticed is that the monitor includes a VGA cable, but no DVI cable. Seriously? In this time and age, who is buying a 24" 1080p HD monitor and hooking it up with a VGA cable? It would have irked me less if it hadn't included any cable. I used my old DVI cable so it wasn't really an issue, but it just bothered me.

It took me less than 5 minutes to assemble and hook the monitor up to my computer. There was no need to install the included drivers, as Windows 8.1 recognized the monitor, model, and correct settings. My monitor did not have any defects such as light bleeding or dead pixels. The default out of the box settings looked pretty good. The "standard mode" looked better than the other preset modes by far. All I did was turn the brightness and contrast up to "80" from "75", and the picture quality looked even better. Images and text are clear. Colors appear accurate. It definitely looks better than my old monitor, but that isn't saying much. I played a couple games to see if response time was an issue, and it wasn't at all. All in all, I'm very happy for what I got for the price. I'm sure you can buy a better monitor, but for $100-$120, I doubt you'll find better in this price range. I give 5+ stars for the price, and 4 stars for performance.

Pros:
Price.
24" LED Backlit 1080p screen.
Fast 5ms response time
ENERGY STAR® Qualified
Well designed and built.
Overall good image and text quality.
Accurate color.

Cons:
Not designed for high end graphics display.
Viewing angles are "fair".
Pre-set modes other than "standard" are poor.
No DVI Cable included.
1414 comments| 181 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2014
I was initially doubtful on the Hr series that started showing up on Amazon SKUs as it was being sold cheaper around November 2013, thinking they might mean "refurbished" - but happily that was not the case. I don't know why they decided on using "r" which a lot of manufacturers code their refurb products with.

I've bought a dozen of these since as they went to sale for $99 to $139 during the holidays from different vendors. Dell has gotten green on packaging - no foam on these - all cardboard. Same 3 year warranty.

H means they include a DVI cable along with VGA and AC plug
Hr or HR - no DVI cable but with VGA and AC plug

Viewing angles on these cheap LCD panels are not great - but managers actually DESIRE these screens as it offers limited angle viewing so they don't necessarily require additional 3M privacy screens on top.

Fonts at 1080 are just right with this sized screen, and are sharp to my eyes compared to the more expensive P series. Great for workplace upgrades at a cheaper pricepoint - and excellent Dell chat replacement process for warranty at support.dell.com
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2013
Ordered this knowing not to expect the best quality but got way better quality than I expected. The default settings aren't very good and changing the settings is a little finicky. Such as changing the hue one point at a time will cause all sorts of different warmness settings at every single different number. But once you find a setup that you like, it looks great. I only wish it had individual red green blue level adjustment which it does not.

The body itself and the button controls all feel like they're made from very cheap plastic, but you don't handle it very much so that doesn't really matter. The base though is made out of solid metal.

I didn't notice any problems with viewing the monitor at different angles and at full 1080p the thing is super crisp. It seems to support a really wide range of resolutions so there's no problem there.

The only problem I've had is that the VGA cable that comes with it is also cheap and provides very faint ghosting and the monitor DOES NOT come with a DVI cable which the manual seems to suggest. So now I'm waiting on one in the mail.

If I'd paid the normal asking price of $229 I might give it a couple stars lower, but hell, you can't beat brand name with this sort of deal.
on October 16, 2015
Perfect addition to my three screen set up!!!
review image
on December 7, 2013
I bought this monitor during the Cyber Monday sale for 99$. It arrived on that Wednesday and I set it up with only one issue. I hooked the monitor into my computer with a DVI cable. The picture showed up but every time I would move me mouse the bottom half of my screen would glitch and shutter black. I looked online to find a solution and I was told to uninstall my driver. I did so and after a reboot the monitor was fine.

So besides my troubles setting up this monitor, I could not be happier with it. Compared to my 32' TV that I use to use as a monitor, it looks much, much sharper. The picture quality and the color on the monitor are both excellent and the stand that the monitor comes with is adjustable and works fine.

Also, Amazon doesn't quite clarify in the pictures or product description but this monitor DOES NOT have HDMI. Besides those two complaints, I highly recommend buying this monitor.
on November 4, 2015
Nice monitor~ Good value for money.
review image
on December 9, 2013
Have had nothing but good experiences with Dell monitors.
Pro:
- No dead pixels
- Very securely-packaged
- Vibrant color and sharp detail out of the box
- Stand is adjustable and easy to assemble (snaps into place, no tools required)
- Excellent value

Con:
- DVI cable not included
- Plastic on stand and frame feels a little cheap compared to other monitors I have owned

Overall I did not feel that these two minor issues were enough for me to take off a star. Very satisfied with the value and picture quality of this monitor.
VINE VOICEon December 27, 2013
The monitor feels like it is built nicely. It doesn't weigh much but I don't see that as a negative.

According to the specs the monitor looks very good on power usage, 20 to 30 watts depending on what is on the screen and brightness settings.

The stand is easy to assemble and attach. You don't get height or pivot adjustments (just tilt) but I didn't expect to get height adjustment and pivot adjustment in a cheap monitor.

There are power, DVI-D and VGA connectors to use. Dell must be sitting on a pile of VGA cables that they want to get rid of because that is all they threw in the box for connecting to a PC. I can't even remember the last video card that I got that had a VGA port. You'd think they'd leave the VGA cable out and have that as an option in a different package. So no major problems so far, I already had a DVI cable.

Where things fall apart for me is actually looking at this thing. I expected poor viewing angles from a cheap TN panel but what kills it for me is that I see dithering out the wazoo. I don't recall any other TN panels that I have had in the past looking this bad. Borders between objects are all dotted up, text looks bad, and everything is just generally rough looking.

I gave the monitor to my kid as a Christmas present because he had a 19" 4:3 monitor and he doesn't know enough yet to see these things. It appears to be fine for him to play games on. Once he gets older and we get him a real monitor he will appreciate it more because I am sure he will see the difference immediately.

Overall not worth more than the $99 I paid for it and you'd do well to avoid this if you care about image quality in any way.

Edit: I was messing around with the monitor setting some more and found that the "Image Enhance" setting was on, by default I am guessing, I don't remember turning it on. I turned it off and things look a bit better. I am bumping my rating from 2 to 3 stars.
on December 2, 2013
A great monitor for the money. Absolutely perfect high res image, and LED lighting is really terrific. My first experience with that. It makes it very light weight and even contrast and brightness across the entire screen.