Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on August 21, 2013
My wife and I travel a lot, and she is brutal on umbrellas. I've bought travel umbrellas before, but they are either too big and heavy, they aren't well designed, or they don't last long. This Samsonite model is well made, is well designed to fold down easily, and lasts long. Other umbrellas can be as light weight, but they often aren't designed well to fold down and you're left with a partially folded umbrella in your travel bag. This one can be folded away easily. Overall, one of the best travel umbrellas at the price.
on October 22, 2013
If like me, you never have an umbrella when you need one, this is an awesome light weight item that is TINY, about the size of a longer wallet. So I just move this with my wallet into whatever bag I'm currently using. It really only just about covers you though so it's probably not for gusty rain but it definitely at least takes away that "uh-o I left the house while it was sunny and now I'm walking to the bus stop and it's about to pour". For what it is, it's also pretty sturdy. Note that this is a MANUAL open and close, so if you'd prefer the one button feature, you may need to go slightly heavier. Otherwise watch your fingers when you close it so you don't pinch the skin- ouch.
on July 21, 2015
At first glance 2 years ago, this umbrella seemed flimsy. However, since it was so small and lightweight for carrying around in a purse, I decided to give it chance. The umbrella has held up surprisingly well, even through several seasons of weekly use. That being said, it may not be best choice for you. Yes, in very heavy rain, one of my arms usually gets wet, despite using this umbrella. Don't even think about sharing it with another person; it's way too small to accommodate more than one person at a time. In rainstorms with wind, this does little to shield you from the water. The umbrella is not wide enough, nor are the edges curved downward enough to offer much protection from sideways rain. In extreme wind, it can blow inside-out. However, it’s still the umbrella I carry around in my daily work bag. For an average rain or snow shower, this umbrella does the trick. As other reviewers have pointed out, its lightweight construction is a huge selling point compared with other brands. The lightweight design also helps it dry quickly. After several months of use, the fabric from one of the spokes on my umbrella came loose, but that was quickly and easily repairable with a needle and some thread. I recommend this umbrella for commuting to and from work, but not for hiking trips or for areas with regular extreme weather events.
on November 24, 2014
This umbrella is a bit too expensive for what it offers. It's really small, to begin with, and the open/close mechanism is quite sketchy since it doesn't open/close as efficiently as an umbrella at this price point should perform. I can buy a crappy umbrella at a street corner in NYC for $5, and I'd expect an Amazon purchase to be better than that product! Sadly, this is not a good buy.
on June 11, 2015
It is small. Don't buy it if you want to stay dry. Even my elbows were wet after I walked under it.
It is gentle. Don'y buy it if you will be under a wind, or if you plan to throw it in a pile of things.
It is not so easy to fold. Don't buy it if you want to fold it in 1 second
But gosh, is it small when folded!
Its the smallest umbrella I ever seen!
You will literally forget about it in your purse!
The build is good, and although it's quite gentle, the quality of materials is sweet.
So buy it — if you need to have un umbrella and you have no place for it.
Buy it to carry in your purse, in your backpack, in your jacket pocket.
on September 24, 2015
On my opinion, It is made on high quality materials, really well made umbrella, it doesnt open and close automatically, it works like the classic style umbrellas. take present that this umbrella is really tiny, that is great when you need to put your closed umbrella in your handbag or even in your pant pocket (it fit), but note that it size could be bad when you are going to used it, if you are going to used it as a sun shade it will be great, but when you are going use it to cover from the rain, depends, it could do a great job if we are talking about a drizzle, but when a rain shower is approaching, you only could used this tiny umbrella to cover you head and shoulders from the water until you arrive to indoors. Even though, this was what i was looking for, and i have had this umbrella for more than a year and I have no complaint. I hope my opinion can help you (I add a picture).
review image
on January 2, 2015
Product arrived as described. Overall length (when folded up and stored) is 9 inches, width 3 inches. Comes with a storage bag that is same material as umbrella. Umbrella material is similar to most umbrellas but seems less plastic and more like a windbreaker. This material seems like it might last longer under the stress of constant flexing (opening/closing) unlike most cheap umbrellas that seem to fracture or crack around the hinged-seems-connections due to plastic failure. Hinges and mechanisms seem to be slightly better construction than typical umbrellas. Main stem is light weight aluminum (black) and is easily bent however, overall height (when open) is 20inches which doesn't put a lot of force on this aluminum stem. Width (fully open) is 30inches and there are no unsightly graphics, logo's or print on the product. Hoping that the "Samonite" name means it's construction is more durable and long-lasting than most.....
on August 15, 2013
This umbrella is compact and fits nicely in a backpack. I had it for more than a month. So far, it is working well!
on November 10, 2014
I am a small petite woman and I have a medium-sized tote. I love this umbrella because it fits perfectly in my purse without with bulky at all and its easy to pull out at any sign of raindrops. It has an easy snap design and its simple to retract as well. It is a fairly short handle, and it fits one person under very comfortably, maybe two but definitely will not cover three people underneath. I've only had this for about a month and have had no problems so far.
on August 2, 2015
Pretty great umbrella, compact enough that you don't have to think too hard about whether you feel like lugging it around.

The only downside is that its size, when opened, is still pretty small. I bought the umbrella for a rainy trip to Florida recently. Because my wife usually didn't feel like carrying her own umbrella, when it would rain, we only had one umbrella between the two of us and it's just too small to provide coverage for two people. I'd offer to let her have the umbrella, but she usually wouldn't take me up on the offer. So we were just walking around, husband and wife, one of us covering ourselves and leaving the other out in the rain.

So, with this tiny umbrella, be prepared to look like a jerk if you only have one umbrella and are keeping yourself dry while your friend (or spouse, or whoever) is left out in the rain. But whatever. It's kinda their own fault for not buying themselves an umbrella that is small enough that they'd happily carry it with them just in case.