Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Apple iPad Air MD786LL/A 9.7-Inch 32 GB Touchscreen Tablet (Black/Space Gray)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 32 GB|Shape: Wi-Fi|Color: Black|Change

I use an Apple iPad about 6 to 8 hours a day. I own an iPad 2 and 3 and now this new iPad Air version. My main reasons for updating were that I literally fill up my 64 GIG iPad every day or two with videos and photos that I shoot. Having this larger version at 128 GIG allows me to work longer and add more to my iPad. In addition this new version is much lighter and easier to use all day long. Even though the battery is smaller in capacity than my iPad 3 the battery life is longer and it is very noticeable. This is because the faster A7 CPU and the motion chip actually use less power.

Please watch my video as I go into more details in it.

I immediately noticed the increase in speed. The unit connects to the WIFI faster, synchs with iTunes faster, downloads emails faster and speeds up your web browsing. The differences are very noticeable and enjoyable as a user. The dual speakers are a nice change but I also use a lot of Bluetooth speakers to enhance the sound of the iPad.

In my video I do a size and weight comparison to an iPad 2, an iPad 3 and the iPad Air. I also show how the basic set up takes place and for advanced users you can just speed through that portion of the video. The iPad 2 weighs 1 pound 5 1/8 ounces, the iPad 3 weighs 1 pound 7 1/8 ounces, and the iPad Air weighs 1 pound and ¼ ounce. The iPad Air is narrower but has the same screen size. The left and right edges of the iPad are thinner on the sides of the useable screen and you can see that in the video.

Here are the key improvements for me:
* Much lighter in weight
* Thinner, smaller design with the same screen size
* Much faster when synching with iTunes
* Much faster when browsing the web
* Much faster when downloading emails
* Stronger WIFI connection and faster WIFI synching
* A more powerful AC wall adapter with 5.2 VDC and an output of 2.4 Amps. It charges at 12 watts of power. It operates at 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz and it is UL approved. It features folding AC wall plugs for easy packing when traveling.
* Lower CPU and motion chip power consumption that makes the smaller/lighter internal battery last longer! This is very noticeable!
* As usual a beautiful high resolution retina screen with 2048 by 1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch. You can see the difference in the photos, videos and reading quality of the screen.
* Dual speakers in the bottom
* Free high quality Apps
* iPhoto
* iMovie
* GarageBand
* Pages
* Keynote
* Remember to download these from Apple!

Overall this is a superior product that really outperforms the older iPads that I have. I was disappointed that the new iPad Air did not have the home button with the fingerprint sensor built in. Since I have used it with my iPhone 5S I have really become attached to it and it just seems like a way to cheapen the unit and be more competitive instead of showing and using the enhanced technology. I would have paid a little more for the iPad Air with that sensor.

This is still a 5 star product and I recommend it as a very good tablet.
3838 comments|980 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2015
It was advertised as "New, in sealed package" but it came in an open box, completely unsealed, with greasy finger prints smeared across both sides. And to top it off, there were a half dozen scratches on the screen. Returned right away.
review image
0Comment|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2014
It is really sad when the seller's description leads you to believe this is a brand new, factory sealed item and it turns out not to be true. I bought this item in good faith, and when I received it, there was no factory shrink wrap. It was obvious that this iPad had been opened and used before. There were finger prints on the back of it and several small marks. I've bought brand new factory sealed items from Apple directly (iPads and iPhones). When you open them they are pristine, never touched (except maybe by gloved hands), beautiful works of art! I'm returning this one, as I have no idea whether it was returned as a lemon, recycled or refurbished. Amazon as always is standing behind their sale and refunding my money...but it's still a disappointment; and a hassle to have to send it back. Wish I had read more of the reviews. I'm not the first to have this happen. All I can say is BUYER BEWARE.
on June 4, 2014
The iPads I purchased from TechGiant were not as they were described! When I took them to T-mobile to activate these "brand new ipads", I was told that they could not activate 4G on any of the 8 ipads I purchased! This was because all 8 were previously owned and blocked for FRAUD! TechGiant is selling previously owned items! TechGIANT I would appreciate it if you contacted me directly to resolve this asap!
55 comments|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2013
I have owned several Apple products, and the iPad is the most distinguished among Apple's line up relative to its competition. The most compelling aspects of this tablet are the beautiful design, and the 10 hour battery life. These are the two features that made me decide to purchase another Apple product irrespective of their business practices which try to squeeze money out of their customers by not supporting devices properly after they are released.

After having used this product for over a month now, I can say it is an improvement over my iPad 1. The browser now crashes on the original to the point of making it worthless. My original iPad had 256 MB of RAM which is not enough to load a lot of modern web pages without the browser crashing. That is why I had hoped the 1 GB of RAM in the iPad Air would be sufficient, and it has improved, yet I still find that the browser crashes on occasion. The scroll latency is very subtle, but noticeable to me. It doesn't really impact my usage, but it could create problems for people who game on their iPads. Putting in 2 GB of RAM (which is what I have in my Nexus 4) does not cost that much, and would improve the performance greatly. For a premium product, I expect the best, and Apple has consistently under-delivered on processing hardware which created the same problems all the way back to the iPhone 1 I purchased on launch day.

I take 1 star off for business practices which burn through your pocket, and the second star is removed for needless low-RAM browser crashes that are still a problem on the latest iteration (which is likely planned to force relegation of old devices and compel new sales.) Still, I can say that this is the best 10 inch tablet available, and android has no viable alternative worth purchasing. If you can overlook the two biggest strikes I have against Apple, you should consider no other 10 inch tablet at this time.

UPDATE 1/17/14

Today I called into Apple support because my browser is crashing frequently. I am now experiencing 5 - 10 browser crashes a day when it was only 2 - 3 times a week when I first purchased it. Speaking with the Apple support technician, he said that they have not received many complaints about this issue yet, so I may be experiencing a rare software or hardware problem. I looked through my crash log (which had over 100 crash reports in it since Nov. 11th) and the vast majority of them were low memory crashes. However, the tablet did not operate this way when I initially purchased it, and it began to increase in frequency about 2 weeks ago. Therefore I suspect that there is a software conflict (I still have 4 GBs of free flash hard drive space, so I doubt it is a conflict with virtual memory, although a RAM hardware problem is possible). I went through some basic procedures the technician recommended, and I was advised to do a system wipe if the problems should persist. I will test the tablet for a few days before wiping everything and starting over. I'll update this review once I am confident of what the issue was.
6868 comments|449 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2014
Be weary of online purchase. I purchased this iPad Air new, came in original box, unopened with the plastic wrap attached. When I tried to active cellular data, the iPad was blocked and flagged as fraud attempt! Obviously was returned and awaiting refund.
11 comment|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2014
I ordered a "brand new ipad" and it seems like they are repackaging old units and selling them. The box was wrapped with plastic and everything looked brand new, accept for when you turn the box over. There was no imei number listed and the serial number was not valid. I spoke with several people at apple and they told me that this is a fraudulent product. Think twice before you purchase off of amazon. Refund is on the way
33 comments|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2014
I bought this as a gift for my aunt. When I received this, I found the iPad was pre-owned. To make sure about this, I also double checked the unique code on the back of iPad on the apple.com. It showed this iPad was activated on April, 3 months before when I got this. You can tell how disappoint I was.
55 comments|192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2015
I purchased this iPad from MBC Mobile. The touch screen stopped working after 2 months. Took it to the Apple Store. They typed in the serial number from the iPad and it said that it was purchased in 1978!! The original box had a sticker on it that was printed on a printer. This sticker had serial number ,and model number etc. I peeled it off to reveal the original sticker which had a different serial number and different model. I bought a 32GB. The sticker said 16GB iPad. The box cover picture was faded. Very shady seller. Lucky I received I full refund from Amazon. Steer clear of MBC Mobile.
review image
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2014
Recieved broken and screen shattered
review image
11 comment|126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse