Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on May 7, 2014
The Dell Color Multifunction Printer | C2665dnf is a color laser MFP suitable for a small office, workgroup, or home office. In my experience it has great speed, and has low running costs and a very good set of features. Its color output quality could be a little better, but this is still easy to recommend for a small business looking for a workhorse color laser.

The C2665dnf can scan to email, to a USB thumb drive, to a network folder, FTP server, or to Dell Document Hub, which enables sharing through various cloud-based platforms. You can fax either from the C2665dnf's keypad or from your computer (PC Fax). The front panel includes an alphanumeric keypad as well as a 4.3-inch customizable touch screen. On top is a 50-sheet duplexing automatic document feeder (ADF), which lets you copy, scan, and fax multipage documents unattended.

Keep in mind that this thing weighs 70 pounds! It's too large and tall to share a desk with so you will probably need a separate area for it, and you'll want at least 2 people to move it into place once you get it

Its NFC (Near Field Communication) option is pretty cool. I have a newer Android phone, and can print by just walking up to the printer and holding my phone over the panel. Not something that I would ever need on a regular basis, but cool to have in case I do.

Overall I am very happy with this purchase - for $400 (price at time of purchase) I couldn't have asked for more. It was a perfect fit for my home office.

Edit/Add 10.14.2014
===================
I am honestly amazed at the color output of this unit on paper. I have actually used the unit to print on heavy paper with high-res color - and the prints were suitable to use for a photo collage to hang on the wall! What a way to save money with not having to use photo printer/paper!
66 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2014
This printer is quite large and heavy. It also does not natively support wireless printing (though an additional module to do so is available). I knew these things, so neither was a surprise or drawback to me.

What DOES it do? It prints fast. It prints quietly. It produces laser photos that are good enough to put up on a wall. It produces sharp, vibrant graphics and clear text. It uses toner reasonably conservatively and has a setting to scale back usage further if needed. Did I mention that it is fast and quiet with excellent output?

Seriously, I evaluated more than 20 color laser multifunction printers. I've never seen output quality this good in a laser MFP. Get someone to help you put it into place, because it is heavy. Other than that - enjoy!
on October 17, 2014
Great printer so far. Had an issue with the auto document feeder on the first day, Dell sent out a tech to my house and they fixed it the next day.

I bought this because I was sick of my ink jet cartridges running out of ink so quickly, many times drying out before I really used them. I know the toner is supposed to be expensive, but the knockoffs have good reviews and are cheap as dirt.

Pros:
Fast - Just did a test in b&w. First page in 18 seconds from full sleep. In 10 seconds when awake. Took 2 seconds/page on multiple copies of same b&w text.

Quiet/Efficient (when not in use) - Goes to sleep quickly, wakes up with NO ISSUES.

Good Quality - Very good, but not great on pictures, but my paper isn't the best. Makes me want to buy more expensive paper.

Support - Dell support was awesome.

Networking/Airprint - Printing to IOS devices is a piece of cake. No setup on the devices, it just works on anything that can print. Android was a little tougher, but they have an app that does an ok job.

Cons:
Documentation - I haven't quite figured out the scanning to network or email. I haven't needed it, so I haven't spent the time to troubleshoot, but the documentation isn't very good. Everything else works perfectly (print from google cloud, dell document hub, etc), so I'm pretty sure I just need to figure out the right settings.
on November 1, 2014
Just had about 24 hrs, but here is my initial feedback:

1) if you print any volume of documents, can swing the initial cost, photo-paper printing is not your first priority, forget inkjet printers. The speed, text quality, long run costs are soooo much better on the color laser. No more soggy printouts.

2) Scan to email is nice once you work it out. It took me a couple tries and I'm pretty technical. I dedicated a gmail account just for this printer. Coupled with the address book function, operation is way better than PC scanning apps.

3) bummer that Wi-Fi wasn't built in, but it's resolvable. The add-on module from Dell is pricey, but I had one of these so didn't need it (plus this bridge allows me to connect multiple devices to the network):

4) Printer starts up pretty quickly and is easy to find on the network even when in standby (have had issues with other printers in this regard). It goes to sleep by default in a short period of time, and is absolutely silent in that mode.

5) I do get a crooked back page when I duplex scan, but so far can live with it. It might yet be fixable.

I can not yet comment on reliability or life of toner cartridges, but looking forward to cartridges that won't dry up in a month and last more than 100-200 pages (inkjet), even if they're more expensive to buy. It should pay itself back in the long run.

So far so good, will amend later after some more substantial use and will adjust stars accordingly.

Update 1: i noticed in another review that someone complained of small attachment limit for scan to email function. There is a setting for max email size that you can adjust up to 16 MB.

-J
on March 28, 2014
So far so good. A very fast response time once you send your document to the printer. The color print jumps off the page and the black and white is crisp. Print speed is great as well.
on August 7, 2015
The printer is unusable for printing on standard #10 envelopes, due to unavoidable wrinkling. Otherwise it worked OK for me for just over 1 year, until I started getting messages on the panel about "Fusing Unit Error" telling me to "contact customer support." So I contacted Dell customer support via an online chat mechanism on their web site. The "technician" basically said to try another fusing unit and see if the problem goes away. Another fusing unit costs $150, and there was no guarantee it would solve the problem. These units are rated for 50,000 pages/month and I had printed a grand total of 2625 pages over about 14 months (the printer keeps a record of how many pages printed). Since I was disgusted that this part failed so very prematurely, and the printer simply cannot be used for envelopes, and that the Dell "support" was so lackadaisical, I opted to replace the entire unit with a different printer. I regret having purchased this one, and will avoid Dell in the future.
on August 25, 2015
FYI this isn't a small printer. For a MFP, this unit is quite large. High Yield cartridges are between 4k to 6k (color and black respectively).
This printer is NOT Mac/iphone/Ipad friendly. Dell's sales docs will say different as they want you to login to a document hub (internet connection required) to print from these devices. We spent over 2 hours testing and configuring and we believe it is not user friendly for Mac devices.
IBM/PC users: Good printer otherwise. Supply status on screen for easy lookup; can configure scanning to email accounts via the screen menu or the built in web interface when connected to your network. Web GUI is somewhat clumsy. If you need to call Dell, ensure you have ProSupport or they will not help you with the configuration.
Certain letterhead will not print from the tray. If your letterhead has a waxy coating (common material from mass publishers) the feed rollers will slip and cause a paper jam. We replaced the rollers with new (two weeks after buying it) and that didn't help. Used a HP printer and no jams, so buyer beware.
on June 24, 2014
We had a little trouble setting this printer up. Dell Customer Service was refreshingly helpful resolving the issue even though it turned out to be the network switch, not the printer itself. Since then, it's worked flawlessly. Print speed is excellent and the quality is perfect for office use - b&w docs, presentations, etc.
on December 21, 2014
first thing, buyer beware: i ordered and called dell for tech support and they refused to help me because their records showed product had been purchased for a period longer than the free tech support provided... ie, since i bought it from a retailer that had resold it (amazon), the clock had been ticking prior to my receiving. the guy at dell was a j*rkoff. i took his id number, called back with my corporate account and read them the riot act. hopefully they fired the tard, as all i wanted was recommendation on wireless setup method for scanning as i didn't understand all of the tech terms in the manual. as an aside, the guy was inept and unable to help anyway. i could hear him searching his manual from India.

BTW, the manual provided is comprehensive. This thing is quite capable, but all i want to do is wirelessly print and scan. wireless printing is a breeze and sets up in moments. wireless scanning is impossible unless you do some complicated stuff (hence why i called dell). you can set up online stuff, scan to email, etc. all of which would likely take hours. i've chosen the lazy method and have to use USB to scan to PC.

which BTW, any PC, smartphone, ipad, etc that can connect to our wifi network can quickly setup printing; which is awesome.

print quality:
i'd say it's good. i bought this to replace a tired old std dell all-in-one ink-jet from ~2007. that thing printed nice color photos, but was slow and limited and just burned through cartridges (good riddance!). This new one hammers out pages rapidly, dual sided. text is awesome, standard graphics are great in B&W or color. photo-quality with images, however, isn't the C2665's high point. it prints reasonable images for home use, but this thing isn't a great photo press in my limited experience. Analogy would be the photos look like a newspaper instead of a magazine... kind of thing.

i love how quickly i can print out manuals and business documents without fear and guilt of waste i used to have with a all-in-one bubble jet. i've had this thing for about 7 months now and i have no complaints. well, one small one: when the printer is fully awake (it usually stays in power save off mode) it sends line distortion back through the electrical... lights flicker a bit due to, i guess what i'd think is harmonic line distortion... geeky term for stuff that converts AC to DC... it pushes crap back down the line. my breaker has tripped once... likely not due to too much power consumption... but likely due to a harmonic spike. annoying to have the lights flicker while in 100% ready mode. i just put it back to sleep right when done as it is a bit noisy in full ready. the thing wakes right up when you click print from your pc, so no real inconvenience.

noise:
this thing aint quiet! it sounds like any other laser printer you'll see in an office. offices aren't for sleeping, so no issue for me.

i would strongly recommend this thing to friends and coworkers who have handcuffed themselves with ink-jets. buy it and let 'er rip. well worth it.
on August 28, 2014
No problems! We are very pleased. As another owner said, So far so good :-) Great print speed. A very fast response time once you send your document to the printer. The color print jumps off the page and the black and white is crisp.