Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Levi's Men's 511 Slim-Fit Line 8 Jean
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on September 12, 2014
I purchased the Anthracite jeans

at first, they are AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL. I had read the reviews saying that the jeans do not age well, but i figured that if i was super careful with them, then maybe i wouldnt have any of the same problems.

unfortunately, i definitely did. these jeans do NOT age well. they start to lose their color and start looking very pale and patchy. the same finish and shine fades away incredibly quickly. to top it all off, even minor water stains stay on the jeans forever and so your forced to wash the jeans entirely to get those blotches out.

after putting the jeans inside out into a cold wash, the color faded away even more.

im usually very satisfied by levi's jeans and quite honestly, i only buy levi's jeans. but this pair of jeans was definitely a disappointment.

to summarize - buy the anthracite jeans only if you want to feel like a king for 2 days. after that, the jeans just fade away and look awful
33 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2014
I'm a really big guy and I have a big problem with pants (jeans, slacks, shorts) - to get anything in my waist size (42 to 46 based on the time of year...) they make the crotch and legs so big it looks like you're a clown and it makes me look even bigger.

Enter the Levi 511 Skinny Jean. Wow - I lost count of the people telling me I that I must have lost weight. The legs are perfectly shaped to hug my form but not constrict. The crotch is high and tight, but again nothing nut-huggery. The material is kind of odd though. It has a slight sheen to it, and it feels almost like a thin layer of paraffin wax has been rubbed on it. But it's a great looking pair of jeans and I've already bought two more. Great for going out and looking more fashionable than you're used to. Buy a button down casual/nice shirt with a pair of black casual loafers and you'll be looking smooth Charlie!
44 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2014
Have bought several pairs of the Levi's 511 Slim Fit jeans, including the "Line 8" (not sure what the Line 8 means). These fit fine (size 34X32), as do the other 511's. Not too tight, not too loose. The color (New Woad 3D Scrape) is a gray-blue, and there are some subtle light 'whisker' marks on the upper thigh. Material is a blend of 91% cotton, 7% polyester, and 2% elastane. Haven't washed them yet, but assume they will be fine (label says to use cold water and turn them inside out). This is not a heavyweight denim, and I probably will not wear these on a frigid winter day. Made in Mauritius
on August 27, 2012
The fit and finish of these jeans is excellent, the anthracite is a dark gray finish with a slightly waxed denim feel. My only complaint is they attract liquid stains, even from water- after the water spot dries a dark stain is left behind. It seems as if the stains go away but it takes a while and some wear and it's pretty annoying. Other than that these are excellent jeans.
on April 26, 2013
At first I thought these looked amazing until they started to get a little wear on them. It looks like you brushed up against a dusty wood cabinet of sorts. You can literally take both pant legs, rub them together, and get this strange wood/dust color come through. These pants look crap. The treatment on the denim is of poor quality. You can see that by rubbing them together. Trust me on this, your going to get them and they will look good for a minute and the second you tough anything in the jeans, this odd brown and light gray color starts to come through. It looks like total garbage. Even writing this is starting to get me heated. These jeans are not what others have you to believe. It look like you've worked in the attic all day. These jeans DO NOT AGE WELL.
on November 17, 2015
Currently my best jeans. Fits so nice and I love the stretchy material and smooth look.

I'm 5' 7", 33x30
review image
on April 18, 2015
Very nice looking pants. I got these pants in Black/Indigo 3D, Khaki 3D, and Brown Metal.
Both the Black/Indigo, and Khaki 3D are 99% cotton, 1% Elastane -- Which gives them a nice stretch. Very comfortable. Unfortunately the Brown Metal came in 100% cotton which can be a bit tight and restricting, but I like it almost as much.

For anyone wondering the Brown Metal color is nearly black, but with just a hint of brown... it's very subtle, almost like a thin rust patina on cast-iron. The Khaki 3D is a dark olive drab color, and the Black/Indigo is a nice dark navy-blue type color.
on August 20, 2015
I've been wearing Levi's for almost 20 years (I'm in my late 20's) and their denim simply ages better than any other. They last forever and rip in all the right places -- at the knees, not the crotch.
These jeans came and I absolutely love them. Then I realized...AMAZON SENT ME THE WRONG COLOR! Below is a picture of the tag of the jeans I received which is different from the style # I ordered.

This Is How To Read The Model Code: PC9- 84511-0198
The 84511 is the Model # and the 0198 is the Color Code. (I don't know what the 84 means but the model is 511 Slim)

Amazon gives you the model code in the description section so I realized they sent me the wrong color-code. Either way, I lucked out and got a pair of jeans that I like even more than the ones I ordered. Just make sure you're getting what you order.
review image
on April 18, 2015

The colors are pretty much exactly as they appear on the page, and for anyone wondering the Brown Metal color is nearly black, but with just a hint of brown... it's very subtle, almost like a thin rust patina on cast-iron. The Khaki 3D is a dark olive drab color, and the Black/Indigo is a nice dark navy-blue type color.
on March 20, 2015
I'm 5'10 and 135. Male and the Levi's 511's seem to be the only pair of jeans that fit right everytime. I went to buy a pair from Kohls and they were $68 a piece. Forget that! I ordered them from Amazon for half that price, and they still came with a tag that said the MSRP was $68. Not sure how that works, but it works for me.