Top critical review
107 people found this helpful
Purchased new unit, received poorly refurbished unit.
on July 3, 2015
The mobile phone I received was clearly a POORLY REFURBISHED unit when the description lists it as brand new.
1. Missing MIMO antenna contacts. This means WiFi will never work.
2. Missing RF shield on the entire logic board underside. This means buzzing through the microphone and speaker channels and poor reception.
3. Missing rubber waveguides for both top and bottom microphones. This means poor audio quality on the receiving end.
4. Squashed GPS antenna. This means no GPS use.
5. Missing gasket around proximity sensor. This means flakey screen and buttons as you're on a call.
6. Corroded plating on ALL antenna contacts present on rear cover. This means poor operation on everything radio like Wifi, Cellular, Bluetooth, GPS, everything.
7. Inoperable vibrator motor.
8. No glue holding in battery cell.
See attached photos. To compare against a genuinely new unit, see the iFixit teardown here: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nexus+5+Teardown/19016
I will update my review when I receive a replacement, but for now I am very upset.