Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 9, 2013
I've bought several tops from the Patty Boutique in the last year, and I've been absolutely delighted with every single purchase. I'm a bit of an odd size, and struggle all the time to find clothing that fits, looks good, feels good, and is something I can relatively confident that I won't run across a dozen twins all dressed identically when I go out. (I don't expect everything I own to be unique, but it's a perk. And a big reason I end up making a lot of my own clothes! It's wonderful to have a go to store though that I can, when needed, have the option to buy something easily and NOT have to spend a day pattern making, cutting, futzing, and sewing to make myself.) While not normally something I would want to do, I'm going to grit my teeth and say my actual size/measurements, in the hope that some of my fellow tall busty wenches will find it useful. The reason clothes are normally such a pain in the butt to find is simple:

I'm 6'2 tall in my bare feet, I'm a 34E bust, wear a size 8 in jeans, have long arms, legs AND trunk (basically, everything is taller and longer then the average bear!) and broad shoulders. I bought a size Large in this top. It is a bit easier in warmer weather to find clothes, but as it gets colder the frustration levels rise. Shirts are usually, at best, 3/4 sleeve on me (if lucky), and at the age of 34 I can finally say with total confidence I am sick to the teeth of what can only be called the dreaded "Britney Spears Belly Bare". If I want to wear a crop top, I'll buy a crop top. But what I DON'T want is yet another shirt that, should I roll my shoulder/stretch, or bend down to pick something up off the floor, my shirt drags up 6 inches, flashing the world my stomach. Didn't enjoy clothes like that at 16, and I darn well don't want to dress like a teeny-bopper NOW! Fit is a complete pain to figure out for my body - if I buy something that fits slim (but not tight, I might be an adult, but I can't wear a shirt that has my bra outlined in stark relief without flashing to my mom's voice yelling at me that I can't go out looking like that. And as a 34E, let's just say my bras are ~not~ tiny little dainty wisps of fabric. We're talking serious feats of modern engineering, metal scaffolding, and the possible need for a hardhat during construction. The world does not need to see my underwire) for my waist, it won't cover my bust. If I find something loose for my bust, I look like I must be 6 months pregnant. At my size (in all directions), it's best to wear fitting, but not tight clothes. Let fabric skim to show I actually DO have a waist, it's just rather obscured at times by my ridiculously large top. (I'm resigned at least nowadays to it, it was a complete misery when I 'blossomed' at 11. For me AND my parents!)

So for all those reasons, I have to be so careful about clothes - and so many styles are normally flat out 'no-way, no-how, un-huh'. This top SHOULD be a no. It's an empire style fit at the bust, with seams directly under the bust. In any other shirt, it's a flat no, else I risk the horror of the quadro-boob. (If you are reading this and thinking "what the heck is that?" - it's that awful moment when the shirt you are wearing clings weirdly at your bust, bisecting them into top and bottom boobettes. 2 breasts are enough for me to wrangle, I don't need 4, thanks.) But the Patty shirts (I now own 8 and my collection is steadily growing) are magical. For all they have the underbust line, they are placed perfectly for a large busted gal. The shirts FIT, snug enough to feel a bit sexy for a day out with my husband - but not so tight I feel like I need a sweater overtop if my dad walked by. The shirt has a deep v-neck, true, but it is cut in such a way that, even with my aforementioned structurally impressive bras, that aren't on display. So the v is deep enough to be a bit vavavoom, but I'm not falling out of it, and I'm not flashing the world a quick insight into the color of my underwear. It nips in perfectly at the waist, then flairs out a touch at the hips. It's a subtle hourglass cut that makes a huge difference (especially as the shirt isn't meant to be worn tucked in. If the fit was the same at the hips as it is at the waist, you would get an unpleasant bulge in at the waistband on your pants/skirt. The perfect cut of the bust would be enough of a reason for me to be a firm fan, but that's just the start of how perfect these tops are for tall busty women. The sleeves are actually as long on MY long arms as they are on the model above. As in, not just true long sleeves, they have enough length to allow for them to be pushed up a bit if desired, or if worn at their full length, keep my hands warm to my knuckles. The shoulders are set perfectly as well, with the sleeves starting just as they should (often I struggle with clothes being cut that the shoulder seams sit an inch or two too high. Not always noticeable to others, but it does make you feel like your shoulders are being pinched back & up, so it's a relief to not have that issue here). The length of the shirt itself is impressive as well. If I pulled it down hard to it's full length, it would practically cover my backside. (makes me wonder if the more petite gals are using the Patty shirts as dresses....)

This particular shirt is warm, super soft, a gorgeous deep and saturated eggplant purple. The collar is unusual (another perk) - it can be worn folded over or allowed to stand tall at the back of your neck for a slight Star Trek/Russian vibe. (weird description, I know, but it's the best I can explain) Incredibly well made, as I've found with all the Patty Clothes. I will say DON'T throw it (or the other clothes in the collection) into a dryer if you can avoid it. I just hang mine on a line in the basement near my washing machine, they dry overnight easily (our furnace in the basement likely helps with that), quickly enough that even washing it the night before you want to wear it should still be enough time to skip the dryer. There is a enough of a nylon content that high heat will distort and wear the fabric quickly. But washed normally in the machine and line dried - even the tops I bough 18 months ago still look like new. But other then the need to be just a touch careful with how it's dried, this is a perfect top. Looks great with jeans or a dressy skirt for a night out. Patty's does it yet again.
33 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2015
Material is really nice and soft. Love the design, feel and fit... but it is really thin. So when you're in a certain light, sun, or a camera flash hits you beware your bra or under shirt will show. Make sure you wear something underneath.
on September 25, 2015
This V Neck Empire Waist Knit Top is a very beautiful sweater. I ordered the size extra small in the color purple. I am 5'5" tall, weigh 106 pounds and am 24 inches in the waist and 35 inches in the hips and am a 34B in the bust. I normally wear a size small but ordered the extra small per the customer reviews. This top must have been meant for those who are well endowed because it was too large in the bust. My girls were left out in the cold. The part of the sweater where the knit material crisscrosses over your boobs had no elastic effect...so much so that the middle part of my bra (the segment area that connects the cups) was fully exposed. I thought it would surely fit, given that I ordered down from my normal size of small. The sweater fit very well in the arms, waist and hips though. The material is not too thick or too thin and very soft to the touch. Very comfy. The color is a very vibrant purple much like what you see in the online pics. If you're smaller in the bust like I am, you might want to reconsider purchasing this sweater, as ordering the extra small size still didn't ensure the proper fit at the bust line. It is such a beautiful sweater...it's such a shame it didn't fit. Well...more power to the ladies who can wear this sweater....wear it and love it!! This does not deter me in any way from purchasing more Patty Boutik tops/sweaters, as I have purchased other apparel from her and know that the quality of workmanship is excellent. This one just wasn't meant for me.
on December 6, 2015
PattyBoutik clothes are amazing!! They feel great on, look super sexy and hug your body. Don't hesitate.
on June 4, 2014
Very cute and sexy, you can never have too many snug fitting black tops, very slimming! I love it. Fits as expected based on size chart, I ordered a Medium, and I am a 34DDD, 5'3 and 135lbs.
on February 25, 2015
So I've found a new brand of clothing and it's called PattyBoutik!! Love it. Why didn't I know about this earlier!! I love the fit of her clothing. Trying to control myself and not buy a bunch of clothing since winter's basically almost over, but I will save everything for next year. So glad I found this brand. I highly recommend. I am busty (34D) so I sized up (med to large) I am 5'6 and between 150-160lbs but with a slender build. Hope that helps!!
on January 13, 2014
I own 6 tops by Patty and they are all beautiful. I love the fabric and length. However, I am 5'8", and thanks to giving birth 4 months ago, a 38D bust and 30 waist. Latley, ive been wearing an XL in long sleeve shirts and the other XL tops I ordered all fit perfect. BUT, the XL in this shirt was way to big. I could have easily fit a L and maybe even a M when I lose the "baby" weight. No idea why the difference. Maybe the fabric. I love the blue color so I will run it through the dryer ( something that I never do) to see if it will shrink.
on January 31, 2015
Very conferrable. I'm a size 14 with a DD bra size and i ordered a large and show less cleavage then the girl in the picture ( unless i adjust the shirt to show more), i have put this through the washer and dryer with no problems, it does get a little tighter but once you put it on and move in it for a minuet or two it goes back to normal. picture is true to color. this does keep me very warm, great to wear outside in 50-60 degree weather with out a jacket.
on February 3, 2016
I'm 5'10" about 160lbs and i think this shirt fits nicely. Nice weight to the fabric, the sleeve length is nice and long, and the body doesn't hug too tight. I'd definately recommend this for any of my tall girlfriends out there.
on November 4, 2014
I ordered a small, I am 5' 6", 110 pounds, and it was a little too big. I would really need an XS but it wasn't offered. I loved the color so much (purple) and the material was so dreamily soft that I washed it gently and (gulp) put it in the dryer. It did shrink a little bit. Just enough for me to keep as a casual weekend top. It will not be a date night top, but I will relish curling up with it on on the weekends. Patty....please make more items in XS.