Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Frogg Toggs All Sport Rain Suit
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 1, 2014
For those not used to this product it's not the vinyl/ nylon type of fabric you might be used to. It is by personal previous experience, light weight, effective and convenient rain ware. You should take in consideration how you intend to use this product when selecting your size. I'm 6'1" and 235#, 38"W and ordered the XL size figuring I would wear this over a life jacket. Spot on for my use, otherwise L would have worked for warm weather use as I don't have linebacker shoulders. Sleeve and leg lengths are good for my size and height also.
Sizing from FT
Size Height Weight (in pounds)
S 4'8"-5'4" Under 130
M 5'2"-5'10" 130-160
L 5'6"-6'3" 160-200
XL 5'10"-6'5" 200-240
2XL 6'0"-6'8" 240-285
44 comments|394 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2014
Most important thing: all the reviews saying these run large are correct. They're meant to be worn over clothes.

I'm 6' 6" and 300 lbs (and no, it's not all muscle :o) ). I usually wear a 36" inseam and a 38" - 40" waist, and 2XL tall in shirts. I would normally have ordered the 2XL size, but I went with XL based on comments about sizing. XL turned out to be a nearly perfect fit.

Fit:

~ The length of the pant legs is perfect. The waist-band is elastic with a draw-string, which I don't need because they're a snug (but not tight) fit. There are narrow velcro straps at the ankles to adjust the fit, which is great for bicycling.

~ The coat is almost as good a fit as the pants, but it could be just a skotch longer. Not a real problem, just a preference. The bottom of the coat also has a draw-string to help with the fit. The arms are just about the perfect length.

~ The hood is very large, possibly too large, especially if you're facing into the wind and not using the draw-strings to cinch it tight. It will fit most of the way over my bicycle helmet (and I have a large head, thus a large helmet). It's detachable.

Construction:

~ There are no pockets on either the coat or pants.

~ The material really is like a reusable shopping back, but not at all flimsy. I don't think you'd have a problem with tearing unless you wear it around brambles or scrap metal or other snaggy stuff. I can see where piling might happen, and I'm pretty sure thistles would stick to it.

~ It's super lightweight.

~ I don't think it would be very packable. The material is a bit too stiff for that, not like nylon. This is more of a hang-up or fold-up kind of rainsuit.

~ It's very breathable. Aside from the excellent fit, this is what I was most excited about. I try to bike in all weather. That could be very cold rain, sweltering rain, or snow, depending on the season. Yesterday I rode in the rain both to and from work. It was around 40F (4C) in the morning and 50F (10C) in the evening, and it was very windy. I wore a short-sleeved button-up shirt and khakis underneath. I could feel the air moving against my skin and it kept me cool, but not too cool, and it kept the rain out 100%.
55 comments|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2013
Make sure you order these on AMAZON or AMAZON prime in case you need a exchange.

This set of rain gear I purchased through Amazon Prime and this dealer sent the correct set and size A+ please read below if in case your thinking of ordering from frogg toggs direct web site..

Warning :
if you order these DO NOT get them through the original froggtoggs site their customer service is absolutely horrible!!! I been calling for days and no reply just to ask if I can exchange on a previous order the set I bought before this set of rain gear, they answer the phone, but the woman who does returns Never returns a email or phone call and I left over 14 calls to the place along with numerous emails just asking if I can exchange them, because they do not return your money under no circumstances at all that is listed on their site. So a word to the wise buy from Amazon PRIME at least you can return them or get them from a stone and mortar dealer that you can try on the stuff.. or you will be out 95 dollars and have rain gear to fit a giant. even if I was 6'4 the pants would have been too big!!

Update: on 6/17/13 I finally got a live person to help since the person dealing with returns never answers the phone or returns calls or emails. Anyway I ended up getting a return number. I tracked the return and it was accepted by frogg toggs AKA Guntersville breathables and item was signed for. Today is 6/24/13 I called to get a status update and no luck with some one to help you there. The operator is nice, but it's too bad she can not connect me with a live person again customer service is horrible.. As for now Guntersville breathables DBA frogg toggs has my money and the product and no customer service what so ever.. I will call back and try again. I will update again when I hear something.

UPDATE:
on 6/24/13 I called Guntersville breathables DBA frogg toggs, and spoke with (Tina) the operator who then connected me to a Girl Named (Ashley) who told me their is a woman named (Judy) who was not available at the time or not there today.. Judy who does the returns in the order they are received and will take 3 weeks or more to process the return. also this Returns rep Judy is the only ONE that handles returns. I was informed there was nothing more I can do to make this go faster. So a warning to the people who order from the frogg toggs web site beware if you need a exchange... basically I will have no rain gear this summer for my weeks of traveling. Also if you try to email them you get a failure delivery repeatedly, I guess this is a small operation being only one person handling returns I see now this is going to be a long dragged out process.. so Like I said if you think you might need customer service I'd pay the extra at a brick and mortar store or AMAZON Prime because by the time you pay the return shipping your over what you would pay at the store, and the store will provide you with some level of customer service.

bottom line order these from AMAZON PRIME they atleast will make things right if you have a problem.

Update 7/19/2013
Had to call frogg toggs back said my jacket was on back order and Should be here at the end of August 2013 and the tek toad pants would be here in September sometime. Hopefully at this point a refund would have been better especially when frogg toggs never sent me notice of any back order. Just plain ole bad service and operations will not ever repeat business with them or their product again.

Update: 7/29/13
I was contacted by a woman named Misty on 7/29/13 Misty was very pleasant to speak with and very professional. Misty offered to send out a upgraded rain suit on 7/30/13 for me to look at and see if I liked it. She also said she would email me with a tracking number and then I would have her contact information also. as of 8/2/13 still no email and yes I checked my email spam folder nothing there either, so I guess I'm back to square one at this point very frustrated.

Update: after months of dealing with froggtoggs directly still no customer service at all.. no one returns calls.. they did end up sending me a totally different gear than I ordered, I guess I'm stuck with this unwanted gear(garage sale)trust me DO NOT buy directly from Froggtoggs.com if they don't have it in stock you will end up getting whatever they send you,and this is acceptable by the BBB because I got stuck with it, so make sure you read terms or description for returns. I never had problems using amazon prime. Amazon always has a good contact number or email that's not bogus, unlike frogg toggs.. Although I had a really bad experience with ordering from Frogg Toggs.com I hope to save someone else from being stuck with leftovers they want to send you and keep $$$. you should get what you order on that note I was scammed out of a little more than 90 US dollars.. Froggtoggs customer service did lie to the BBB about contacting me if she contacted me id have the emails and she never called or attempted to email me Misty William in customer service you lied..
1212 comments|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2013
I have owned the lighter Toggs. This heavier version is worth the extra bucks. I used on a northern Manitoba fishing trip. Blocked wind and rain well and compact to pack. Too bad bag is not included with all FT products, but you can fold everything into the hood and tie the chin strings.
on February 23, 2013
I keep product rolled up in my back pack for when it rains and I'm on my bike. Keeps you dry. Would not consider for any work purpose. They material seems similar to the reusable grocery bags.
on November 12, 2013
This is the Best rain suit that money can buy in this price range I believe. I'm 6'2" 197 pounds and the LG fits nice with room for other clothing.
on March 6, 2013
Wore it today for the first time and in 20+ knot winds I basically felt nothing. This product is awesome
on July 29, 2011
The best of the cheaper rainsuits and do a better job then a lot of the high end suits Not the best for heavy duty use or in brush
on November 20, 2015
Two stars only because the price was relatively low. These suits have NO pockets...none at all. They don't fit as expected, and I ordered "Stone/Black" and the pants are dark brown. It hasn't rained yet but I expect they will keep the rain off somewhat well. It feels like wearing those reusable, recycled grocery bags. Probably the same material. In the photo: pants on left, jacket on right. Unrelated black nylon material in background.
review image
on November 4, 2012
I don't think you can find a better product for the money than Frogg Toggs rain suit . It's light , folds easily , has a hood ,and is completely waterproof with all seams taped . My one improvement would be a pocket somewhere in the jacket .