Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

Size: One Size|Color: Black|Change

on May 4, 2014
Anybody who has followed Beachbody's Insanity workout knows that it makes you sweat like crazy. I had a creative wp-250 pair before I bought a pair of yurbuds, and that lasted only two weeks with Insanity before it shorted out on me. After doing much research, and reading lots of reviews, I decided to order a Yurbuds Inspire Limited Edition Wireless headset. The lifetime sweat warranty was what motivated me the most to invest in this product. As advertised, it did not fall out of my ears at least once, whereas the wp-250 was jumping out quite so often. However, I was very unhappy when the yurbuds started giving me trouble. All of a sudden, in the middle of an Insanity workout, it automatically switched itself off though the battery was fully charged the day before. Then, it didn't switch on at all. I found that it wasn't even charging when I plugged it into the charger. After pressing the buttons in random orders, the charging light finally lit up and I let it charge for a few hours. I tried it again after that and still no luck. So I contacted yurbuds and told them about this problem as they give a lifetime warranty, and they said I'm not eligible for warranty because AMAZON is NOT one of their AUTHORIZED retailers. By this time the Amazon return deadline had elapsed and Amazon just refunded me 20% of the purchase price. So if you are buying this item, it would be wiser to get it from Yurbuds or from one of their authorized sellers. I'm not quite sure if the pair is sweat-proof as they claim. Maybe it can't handle a lot sweat though it can cope with light amounts of sweat? I'm not sure..
55 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2014
I wanted wireless solution for my running needs. I initially used Klipsch. They had one of the most comfortable oval tips. However, they are not runner friendly and keep popping out. More over the wires kept on interfering with my momentum. I wanted a wireless solution and purchased Jaybird blue buds x. They are one of the best wireless solutions in market, both in battery life and sound quality, however they were not ear friendly. They kept popping out while running no matter how hard I tried. I finally purchased Yurbuds Inspire. Let me tell you, when they guaranteed that they will never pop-out, they meant it. I have been using them for more than a week and can confirm that till date I didn't worry about them falling out while I sprinted. Also as their play/pause button is on the earphone itself, whenever I use it, it only helps readjust the earphones more comfortable inside my ear. Although the ear tip looked gigantic the first time I saw it, it just fitted well in my ears. They cloth like wire was unobstrusive and didn't irritate my skin. Having said that there are few drawbacks as well:
1. Audio skips a lot. I mean a lot. After using Klipsch and Jaybird, this was a big shock for me. I had to change the way I wrapped phone around my arm. I have to switch from left arm to right arm just to ensure that audio doesn't skip.
2. Sound quality is good, but not extraordinary. It does have good bass.
3. This is first time in my life that when I called their customer support I get message "All our customer support representatives are in a meeting and unable to answer your call. Please try again" It's hilarious.
3. Microphone isn't noise canceling and the other party will not hear you if you whisper.
4. Battery life is good (5-hours), but not great (8-hours for JayBird Blue buds X)
5. The highest volume isn't that high.
on April 7, 2014
I'm a triathlete and I've used the yurbud Inspire headphones for the last year, and was excited to see that they have a wireless bluetooth version. I had to try it out. I didn't notice how annoying the cord can be on my headphones until it wasn't there. Especially when it comes to using them in the gym. Super easy to connect it through the bluetooth and stick my iphone in the corner instead of having to have it in an arm band or worry about it sliding out of my pocket on burpees. You also don't have to worry about the ear buds falling out during those workouts, the twist and lock keeps the yurbuds in securely no matter how much sweating (which is a lot, luckily they are sweat resistant) and jumping around I do. I liked how they provide different size of ear buds so you can find the right fit, I had to use the slightly smaller ones and they fit comfortably, no hard plastic making my ears sore on the long workouts.

I’ve also used them on long runs and bike rides and am happy with the battery life, my last brick (bike ride and then run) workout was just over 6 hours and it wasn't until the last 10 minutes I started getting the low battery signal. I do like that it has 30 minutes worth of warning before the battery dies so I'm not left without music on a workout, it will audibly tell you that battery is low. One thing that would be nice is if the volume could go louder for hard sets where you just want to drown out everything around you and dig in. One of my favourite things though is the button on the ear bud for controlling the headphones, giving your access to call, skip forward or back on tracks, and control volume, not trying to catch a bouncing remote on the cord as you are running is fantastic. The controls are simple and intuitive so you can be going hard and still be able to skip to the next song when you need a boost to get through the tough miles. Overall love them, I'm a geek for gadgets and anything that makes my training more comfortable and enjoyable is a win for me.
on February 19, 2015
Great idea and just terrible implementation. I bought these because I wanted to run without having being attached to a cord. I read some previous review but decided to take a chance...big mistake. These were plagued by issues previous reviewers have identified. First, they are quite heavy and always want to fall out of the ears. In addition they are quite bulky which doesn't help. I found that I couldn't run with them because one or the other or both kept falling out of my ears so I just gave up after 3 runs. The worst part about the headphones is how they constantly cut out. They lost the signal every other minute it seemed and that just added to my frustration, so after two days I returned them.
on September 28, 2014
I really wanted to like these headphones. I do like the concept, and they are not without their merits; setup was painless and the ability to control tracks from the headset without fumbling for my phone is nice. Battery life is decent, I've used them for several half marathons without issue. Unfortunately, that is about the only good thing that I can say about them. First, sound quality is absolutely terrible; too much mid and base for my liking, music sounds muddy and muffled to my ears. Second, the cord which connects the headphones is made of a coarse material that rubs on the back of my neck, and the texture of the cord causes vibrations which are transmitted directly into my ears making the sound quality even worse (zik zik zik zik). Third, they are terribly difficult to fit - I have no problem with my Yurbuds Iron Man OTA headphones, in fact my experiences with those were my primary motivation for buying these. These are simply too big with the supplied earpieces to be worn comfortably. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, they are HUGE - they feel like I've got two shoe boxes hanging on my ears.

I'll be speaking with the Yurbuds reps at the expo before my next marathon to see if smaller earpieces are available, will update my review if I get satisfactory feedback.
on October 7, 2014
I purchased these because I want to start walking and getting ready for my very first 5K. I tried my sands Ironman series and love the way they would twist and lock in my ear. I did not want wires attaching me to my phone. Wireless is the way I wanted to go....
I received them in the mail and charged them to test out while mowing the yard. I placed them in my ear with the smallest ear piece attached and they hurt my ears. It is like the speaker was too big. I contacted Yurbuds customer service with a photo like they suggested for proper fitting information.
I never received a response about that,so I found their FB page and left a message and 3 days later I got a response but it had nothing to do with the way they fit or about the photos they ask you send for the fitting help.
I also wanted to know if the women's Yurbud speaker were smaller and would fit better or if they have intentions on making wireless for women.
I never heard back.
I posted another message to FB. I was told to send a photo. I told them I did about 2 weeks before with no response.
So I forwarded it again. That's been well over a month ago and now I can't return them.
So I messaged them again and still no response.
My husband even tried these out and said they fit him weird and were not comfortable.
All I wanted was to know if they were in my ears and fit properly,if the women's were a smaller fit and if they planned on making women's sizes in wireless or if the speakers are what's causing the problem.

PROS-great concept,great price,great wireless technology
CONS-awful customer service
on June 15, 2015
Fit and form is great, sound is good, range is terrible. I also have a Motorola S-11 Flex HD that I'm comparing.

Fit:
I love the way these fit and lock into my ear. I can wear them all day with no discomfort or worry of them coming out as long as the cord is under my chin. If it is behind my neck, it snags my skin and pulls loose with head turns. Flex is painful after minutes and comes loose often. I've tried every tip that came with the Flex and can't find a good fit. Apparently, if your Yurbuds aren't fitting well, a picture of the device in your ear can be sent to their customer service and custom tips can be made. I didn't need this service, so can't vouch for it.

Sound:
The sound is not impressive but as good or better than the Flex. I'm no audiophile and good sound is subjective.

Range:
This is where it disappoints. You have to hold your mouth just right with this thing. I've tried both front pockets of my jeans and it seems to cut out every so often. Comes right back, but extremely annoying. It is worse when I'm working on something rolling around on the floor or what have you. Tried taking the phone out of my pocket and placing it nearby. Can't get more than about 3 feet away without losing it. I know it isn't my phone because I never have these problems with the Flex. In fact, I've been several rooms away from my phone with it before it started cutting out and I realized my phone was not in my pocket. I often have left my phone on the kitchen counter and been folding laundry in my bedroom 30+ feet away with no cutouts on the Flex.
on December 2, 2015
I was long time Yurbuds customer using wired earphones. After 4th pair of wired ones when the rubber ear pieces starting slipping all around or I lost it, decided to buy these thinking wireless isn't a bad idea. Well, in this edition it's a horrible idea. Sounds quality is terrible compared to wired ones and I'm pretty sure it's not just a bluetooth connection that's a at fault. They're heavy (relatively) so it's impossible to lock them in the ears properly (which is all that's yurbuds are about - locking them so they don't fall out) and they also come with two sizes of rubber inserts (vs. three in all other pairs I had). I very rarely write negative reviews but for the sake of everybody out there - stay away from these.
(After trying to use those for 4 weeks ended up spending $99 on Bose Soundsport and I'm very happy with them)
on December 17, 2014
I bought these for myself and then purchased for others in the family once they saw how awesome they are. I will admit that I have little - seriously little ears and they still fit. They do look a little large and just like the picture on the box shows they do stick out a bit but they are a great sound and I even keep wearing them in the shower after a workout to keep the tunes pumping!!
on October 26, 2014
Can't complain too much about these things. The cord could be an inch or two longer.. If I wear them with the cord behind my neck, they don't seem to feel right. If I put them in front it's tolerable. Other than that, they're great. Good sound quality and decent range.