Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on June 4, 2014
I love the look and ease of dresses, but in the warmer months I hate the sticky, sweaty feeling of bare legs under a dress. These are the perfect solution with the added benefit of coverage you'd get from a regular slip. This variety I like better than the original Skimmies because the fabric has more of a slick texture that skirts can glide over (the originals are more microfiber feeling and I've had skirts cling to it). They are very comfy and you can stretch or not stretch the legs to adjust the length depending on how long your skirt is. I do find the waist bunches up from sitting but not so badly that it creates a bad look under clothes. I can smooth it back easily. I'd definitely recommend trying a pair if you want to avoid sticky legs in the summer! As far as sizing, I wear an 8-10 in pants/dresses and the L size fits comfortably - not too tight or too loose.
0Comment105 of 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2014
I don't write reviews often, but these underwear have changed my life. Not actually, but they're amazing. No panty lines and so comfortable. Great alternative to the thong, of which I am not a fan. I wear these with jeans and my butt looks amazing. I wear them to sleep and I don't feel like I need pj pants, even with guests around. I wear them to exercise and I still feel fresh afterwards. Ew, but seriously that sweat wicking and mesh side panel thing works. Why didn't I find these underwear sooner?!

My only complaint is that they run small. I'm a large to x-large usually and I wear an xx-large in these. So keep that in mind.
11 comment94 of 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2014
I bought a pair of these in a store in size XL and while it fit, it felt a bit tight. So I ordered the XXL and the fit is perfect. I wear size 12 jeans as a reference to what size other women should order. I got this underwear to wear on a trip to the middle east and to wear under a skirt. Don't want any chafing and these Skimmies should work beautifully.
0Comment66 of 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2014
For the record I am 5'2 inches tall and 132 pounds. I have a 26'inch waste and 39 inch hips. I purchased a medium based on user's recommendations and the size chart. I'm giving it a four because for 11 percent spandex I was expecting a little more tummy control. I've had control top pantyhose that were stronger and did the job better than these Jockey's. However, I am keeping these. The product does keep panty lines to a minimum, and the price was right. I also like the nice smooth line under dresses, etc. I am going to purchase or try on a small at a store nearby just to see if there will be any more control around my tummy. If you're looking for a tighter control around your stomach and hips, and you really don't like control top pantyhose this product does not do the job. But if you're looking for a smooth look under dresses, skirts, etc without bunching and without resorting to hose this is the product for you.
0Comment34 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 24, 2015
I've always avoided wearing skirts or dresses because of the dreaded thigh rub. I've tried Bandelettes, which are basically lacy bands that go around your thighs, but I found that those weren't as comfortable as I might have liked. So I was eager to try these Skimmies, which are basically like shorts, but made of a thinner slip-like material. And these were exactly what I was looking for. For someone more accustomed to wearing pants than skirts, the style felt super comfortable; the wide waistband is reminiscent of yoga pants and fits just right, smoothing without creating lines; the whole thing minimizes lines everywhere, though you still have to be a bit careful about wearing just any old underwear underneath; and the legs are long enough that they don't ride up. I tried the shorter version of these as well, but didn't like those as much, since the legs didn't seem to stay in place as well. Still, the longer length seems fine for pretty much any dresses that I want to wear, and I have pretty short legs.

The one thing you need to be aware of is that this isn't really shapewear. It might help smooth out your stomach a little bit, but it won't really flatten it at all. On the one hand, this means that it's really comfortable; on the other hand, it means that it may not meet all of your needs. Personally, I liked these enough that I actually wore them on my wedding day, prioritizing comfort a bit over flattening. The important thing is that I was able to walk around in a dress for hours in the hot sun with absolutely no thigh trouble at all.

I can't really express how happy I am to be rid of thigh rub, and with an article of clothing that's no trouble at all to wear. It feels comfortable and natural. I'm sure I'll be purchasing more of these in the future.
0Comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2014
I'm looking for underwear that will prevent my thighs from chaffing in the summer when I wear dresses (and that don't ride up), but that also allow my nether region to breathe. So far these slipshorts seem pretty good on the first goal -- better than others I've tried, but failing miserably on the second. The material does not allow my crotch area to breathe, and I envison possible infections as a result.

I'm going to keep looking. Unfortunately the garments that allow breathing tend to be primarily cotton, which tend to ride up more.
55 comments40 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2014
These are perfect for under skirts and dresses. The legs don't ride up, and the waistband doesn't roll down! The slick material is really cool and comfortable to wear.
on April 30, 2014
I wasn't looking for tight shapewear and bought these mainly to prevent thigh rub, but the legs are not very tight and creep up immediately. Returning.
0Comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2014
These slipshorts are the only reason I can comfortably wear a dress in the summer, as I tend to get "chub rub." They wash well in the washing machine and have not pilled where my thighs rub. I am a size 12 and wear an XL.
on June 25, 2015
These slipshorts are a dream come true for my hyperhidrosis induced "swamp arse" issue. I'm not kidding. It sucks. I hate it. I know. It's gross. I don't like having to deal with it and find ways to cope or conceal (dusting powder only does so much, right?). It's a horrible affliction and I become massively uncomfortable about it when it happens, as I don't want others to know because I know they'll judge. Joke's on them though, as I know it's gross. I live in it! But now, with these slipshorts, I don't have to worry so much anymore! See, If I get too stressed, boom, my nervous system triggers stress sweat from my bum/top of thighs to the places in between where the sun never shines. This wicks that all away! This allows me to manage my stress and anxiety a bit better as I'm no longer having to be worried about feeling my own sweat swamp bog in the very seat of my pants. I'm 5'8", 123 lbs, size 2 in slacks, and the small fits rather perfectly. It is a bit fitted though, even for me, so I plan to wash in cold water only and air dry as I don't want them to shrink. The top of shorts also goes up a little bit higher on me than in that photo, but that's all right as I'm cursed with sweat glands there too! Yay for sweat wicking power! Also the top doesn't roll down, though it may slip around depending on movement. This product is very smooth in texture, a bit of a second skin effect with shaping too. Thank you, Jockey, for making these! Y'all should totally market this product to hyperhidrosis sufferers! I was afraid that I'd have to resort to wearing Depends to cope with it. Not anymore! :-D But really, these are awesome! If you sweat round those parts and it makes you uncomfortable, fear no more with these on!