Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on March 27, 2014
The only reason I decided to buy these Sperry Is Because It Is Cheaper online. So, I took a gamble, however, on the day it arrived it was in bad condition. Prior to the purchase l had went to an actual store and fitted to my size.

Thus it has led me to think the shoes are used or defectice because when I first opened the box I noticed that it was missing plastic packaging for each shoe and that the tissue paper was torn. At this point I was still satisfied because I was saving a few dollars. However, when I picked up the shoes there were scratches everywhere and a random black smug on the side of the shoe. If you look under the shoe it even says non-retail, they third party seller is trying to sell shoes that aren't even supposed to be sold!

Overall, either go with another seller or spend a few extra bucks to buy REAL authentic Sperrys, I hope this helps
44 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2013
Tried twice - both times supplier send an ugly two toned alternative product...can seem to get an order right. I will never use this supplier again. This is an unacceptable error, the supplier is ORVA. It reflects poorly on Amazon for using this supplier.
on May 19, 2013
Just what the title says... The soles have become dry, hard, very slippery, & have started to cracked in less than 1 year. Its caused by reducing the quality of raw materials in the rubber and speeding up the vulcanization process.
on June 29, 2015
With Sperry brand Boat Shoes you can't go wrong. Being a Sperry brand loyal customer for over 35-yrs the biggest change has been in the Sperry Topsider Original model. The addition of the Gold Cup line allows us to continue to get the high quality thick leather that we are accustomed to. At $150/pr its the case of getting what you pay for. I have a receipt from 1986 when I was in Northern Va at a mall and they were having a sale, buy 1 get 1 50% off. I purchased 2-pr of Sperry Cup Topsiders that day at a price of $180 + tax for the 2-pair. Last year I purchased a pair of Sperry Gold Cup Topsiders for $145 that were on sale at 15%off. 29-yrs later and prices for similar quality continues to remain similar & acceptable as a pair of Sperry Gold Cup Topsiders last all of 5-7+ yrs of ownership before becoming demoted to lawncare grade for another 2-3 yrs. 10-yrs of wear & use isn't bad for a $150 investment. Hardest part for me, throwing them away(recycle).
review image
on June 14, 2012
Never thought of these as a fashion statement. They are however a great shoe for summer boating. The new interior liner with the rubber enhanced insert give arch support without robbing you of that confidence inspiring grip when handling lines. $90 is not cheap but they do last and last.
review image
on June 9, 2015
I've owned multiple pairs of Sperry's in the past so I figured it would be fine to just go ahead and order my new pair online from here. They look and fit as expected but one of the shoes squeaks loudly every time I take a step. I figured to just tough it out and eventually it would break in and go away. I've now had these for 2 and a half months and it STILL continues to squeak as I walk. It is very noticeable and I've had several people comment on the noise to the point that I no longer will wear them because it's embarrassing. I've loved all the pairs I've bought in stores before but for whatever reason, these have been a bad experience. For the price I paid, this is not acceptable.
on June 29, 2013
My same size for decades and it is too small (tight in the width and too short in the depth (measured from the bottom of the shoe to the top of the inside leather)...the overseas contractor probably saved $.08 worth of leather on each pair, but lost me as a customer, and probably many more). I thought it might stretch and get comfortable....big mistake. Something is very wrong. I had this same issue with shirts recently. I think the size "blocks" in some foreign countries are not transferalbe to US markets. Very sad that this classic is now gone, like many others..... :(
on May 31, 2013
navy size 10 1/2
there is something strange about the upper of the right shoe, as if an upper of the left shoe had been sewn to the wrong sole. I mean they stretch out soon enough but when you initially take them out of the box and put them on it has a visual appearance of 2 left feet
I review sperry topsiders with 4 stars but believe this is an 'strange' pair, so give it 3
on March 15, 2007
I bought these shoes for my husband's Christmas gift. He loves them and is particularly pleased at the color mix of brown and black, very tastefully put together and can equally well go with both brown, tan and black trousers.

The service from the seller was excellent.
on July 14, 2014
The sperry top-sider looks great.

Unfortunately, the quality is terrible. The first pair I received had sharp plastic stitching sticking out in the shoe, which resulted in my foot getting cut. I returned the shoes (I thought this must be a defective pair).

The next pair I received looked markedly different. They appeared to be of lower quality and were a different color (despite my ordering the same color). There were no dangerous plastic barbs though, so I went with it. Two weeks later, the insole literally detached from the shoe. So, I am now going through the hassle of attempting to return "worn" shoes to shoemart.

I recommend trying another shoe.