Do you have to program it with your stride length as with basic pedometers? I never feel like I have it right.
asked by Beth Larsen on November 7, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
votes
This is all about steps, and flights of stairs. I don't worry about stride length ... I know if I am taking more than 10K steps a day I am staying healthy.
Carla J. Stoltman answered on November 7, 2012

A
vote
You don't "have" to program it with your stride length. It will guesstimate your stride but you can measure it and put something more accurate in if you want.
Brian Hurt answered on November 7, 2012

A
vote
By default it estimates your stride based on your height that you enter. However you can also measure your stride and put the exact length in and it will use that.
D. Anderson answered on November 7, 2012

A
votes
I did not program it with my stride length. From what I am understanding about the unit, the number of steps are calculated based on your height and activity. I have been using the Ultra and have received my Fitbit ONE, but I haven't had time to work with it yet.
Stephanie E. Britt answered on November 7, 2012

A
votes
from p.16 of the user's guide: "Fitbit One calculates your distance based on your step count and stride length. Your stride length is estimated based on your height and gender. You also have the option of entering your own stride length for increased accuracy. Distance units can be set to either miles or kilometers by changing your settings."
Michael J. Markowitz answered on November 7, 2012

A
votes
Go to a walking trail with measured miles. Count your paces for a mile. Divide your number of paces into 63,360 (inches in a mile) that will give you your exact number of inches in your step. Going for the mile will give you an average which will be accurate.
Beau answered on November 10, 2012

A
vote
In the time that I have been using the FitBit (I have used an ultra and recently upgraded) I have not seen any configuration for stride length. I assume that uses an averaged stride based on your height.
J. Hancock answered on November 7, 2012

A
votes
When you enter your gender and height in your profile, it sets an estimated stride length. Unfortunately, you can't see what the default is because the stride length fields are empty. The calculation for the default stride is based on this:

Female walking stride = height_mm * 0.413
Male walking stride = height_mm * 0.415

If you find your preset stride length isn't accurate for you (check by comparing the Fitbit distance with markings on a track, football field, or by walking some other known distance), you can calculate what it should be and change your stride settings for both walking and running.
kindred spirit answered on February 10, 2013

A
votes
No, all you have to do is charge it and go. After you do the necessary downloads it computes everything for you.
Mega Bass answered on November 9, 2012

A
votes
u will put your data on the Dashbored on your computer,and things will go smoothly from their
hanouf answered on November 7, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›