Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 21, 2009 11:16:58 PM PDT
Jason says:
I know this has to sound like a stupid question, but let me explain.

I bought fallout 3 for both platforms when it came out (didn't know which was better) by the time amazon got it to my house I tried out the xbox version and never stuck in the ps3 (returned it to amazon).

I read online about people having LOADS of problems with the ps3 version and thought it was best just to keep the 360 version.

Fast-forward to now, the game of the year edition is coming out (with all the patches (hopefully) and DLC (awesome)

I'm buying it, I just wonder which platform will be the best, I would prefer to this time play the game on the ps3, but I don't want to be frustrated with lots of problems or errors (some say they have none, others can't seem to even play the game).

Any thoughts / ideas / suggestions?

I'm not going to have the time to sit through and play the full game the day it comes out (too many other games demanding my attention this holiday season), so if anyone has some advice, please speak up!

I'm also worried abut the fact that the DLC has never been on the ps3 yet, so there could be lots of bugs. I'm hoping the ps3 has better graphics, quicker load times, and no glitches.

The 360 froze on me once or maybe twice while playing the full game.

All in all I likely played it for about 70-80 hours with no real problems.

Did anyone get oblivion GOTY for the ps3? how was it? any problems, glitches, did anything get fixed?

I never bought that one either (bought the collectors edition when it came out on xbox (ps3 wasn't out then)) and bought the expansions as they came.

Looking forward to your replies...

Thanks!

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 2:03:28 PM PDT
Thor5598 says:
Jason I am in the process of buying oblivion Greatest hits because my GOY edition has a vampire glitch. This after I traded in my Fallout 3 in anticipation of getting GOY for PS3. Not sure how Xbox made out though.

Posted on Sep 24, 2009 9:35:58 AM PDT
Dunespire says:
Fallout 3 is still buggy despite several patches and fixes over the time since its release. However, bugs aside, the game is still awesome and a joy to play. Its worth just getting the Broken Steel expansion that extends the main story and raises the Lvl cap to 30. To bad there will be no more addons to this in the future. Awesome Game.

Posted on Sep 24, 2009 10:26:40 PM PDT
Jason says:
Fallout 3 is one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had, I loved every single minute of it, and I loved every single minute my second run through.

I'm just hoping / wondering if the ps3 version will have no big issues, and may be the same or possibly better than the 360 version (which I have already played).

When I played it on xbox I had no problems (maybe a minor freeze / reboot here or there) but no real glitches or issues.

I want to play the game all the way through with the new expansion packs and enjoy the game from start to finish (playing on ps3 eliminates the "temptation" of loading up a previous game save.)

I know a LOT of people were upset about oblivion, I'm just hoping THIS game works fine (and if oblivion is great (meaning the vampire glitch gets fixed!) I might pick that one up for archival purposes, though I have my xbox 360 collectors edition with the T rating, which I'm never giving up!). (But I heard oblivion on ps3 looks so much better than the 360, and if this holds true for fallout 3, it makes it an obvious choice.

Has anyone read anything or heard anything about people playing it for reviews noting any bugs or issues?

I remember bioshock came out on the ps3 and it had several issues (big daddy texture issue for one), but then a month later a patch was out that brought the game up to and past the 360 version. (So I went ahead and grabbed the ps3 version after that was fixed) (always paranoid about my 360 dying on me, my cousins has died on him 3 times now, and his latest replacement is acting up).

Also for newcomers, you can get 2 extra expansions not offered on psn (but are on 360), and for 360 fans, this is the only way to get a hard copy of the 5th expansion pack (the main reason behind me buying the GOTY edition).

If nothing else is said ahead of time, when this game comes out, someone please respond here letting me know, I canceled my 360 pre-order and I'm eagerly waiting to play this game again.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2009 7:50:04 PM PDT
J Richards says:
Obviously the GOTY edition isn't out yet so i can't speculate on that. But my brother bought Fallout 3 for ps3 shortly after it came out and played it almost exclusively on my ps3 instead of his own because I have a 40" sony and he was borrowing an old CRT tv from me (480i anyone?)

I have actually had 3 different ps3s at different times for strange reasons that would take too long to explain. Interesting thing I noticed is that on my first ps3 (the 40 gig w/ 2 usb ports after they switched to the smaller chip the first time) i had zero problems with fallout. I ended up doing some swapping to get a ps3 w/ backwards compatibility and ended up with a... temperamental machine. It works great for ps2 games and worked great most of the time on fallout but it would freeze after a few hours of straight gameplay. I also had problems with certain bluray movies though so i fully believe it was my system (and only probably that one, not that version, the motostorm bundle version - same as the MG4 version)

Long story still long, i finally bit the bullet and bought a new ps3 (80 gig, 2 usb ports - just like my original 40 but with the upgraded standard harddrive - wish i'd have known they were coming out with ANOTHER new one...). I haven't had any problems with freezing or anything else. So i'd check which version of ps3 you have. I've not had any problems on my newer systems, for whatever reason, and i don't get a whole lot of chance to play so when i do it's a marathon to try my poor wife's patience. Also, Fallout tends to autosave A LOT so, even if it does freeze, you don't tend to lose a lot of info.

I've never played the 360 version (though my other brother has it) but i've been pleased with the ps3 and its performance. There is something to be said about being able to snipe a bead of sweat off a raider's face...

Posted on Oct 1, 2009 11:35:31 AM PDT
Jason says:
I'm just going to get it on the ps3 then, hope all works well!

to bad amazon's not giving us a 10$ off GC coupon, but atleast right now it's 4$ off

Posted on Oct 1, 2009 12:12:52 PM PDT
Monkey Pants says:
I played the PS3 version, earned a platinum trophy without any problems.
Have fun & enjoy your PS3 & Fallout :-)

Posted on Oct 6, 2009 5:02:33 AM PDT
Shaun Dunham says:
I pre-ordered the PS3 version. I used to own the original for PS3 and beat it 3 times. Once it was announced that there was going to be a GOTY edition with the 5 DLC packs for DLC i traded my original for Gears of War 2. I wouldn't get it for 360 because is could be hazardous and too much wear on the system. I use my 360 mostly for just exclusives and the PS3 for everything else.

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 1:58:23 AM PDT
elchamber says:
I'll be quick and blunt about it verses the winded descriptions of Fallout 3 experiences. (I'll pretend you haven't gotten it yet.)

All versions of the Fallout 3 GOTY have been getting some problems.
Their will probably be no patches to fix this problem. I got an email from Bethesda and they pretty much said nothing about patches in the future.

I'd get the PC version if your computer can handle it's requirements. I'm sure their is already someone who've manage to fix these problems, plus free mods. Youtube mods, fallout 3. You'll see what I'm getting at.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 16, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about