Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2012 11:56:58 AM PST
my son has an itouch..... he wants the PSP....Should i get it for him>>>they seem very comparable

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 12:25:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2012 12:37:54 PM PST
They're actually nothing alike. About the only thing they have in common is that they're both portable electronic devices. Gaming on the ipod touch or ipad requires touching the screen with your fingers to control games, while the PSP (and Sony's newer handheld, the Vita, which is basically the "PSP 2") uses traditional button input for controlling games (think Xbox, Nintendo, PS3). The PSP is more like a modern Gameboy than an ipad/ipod. It's basically a portable Playstation 2. Apple's products have tons of inexpensive downloadable touch-based games that can get boring quickly for those who play video games on a regular basis. Handheld consoles like the PSP, Vita, and Nintendo's Gameboy, DS, and 3DS lines are built for more serious gaming. While the PSP technically can store photos, music, etc., like and ipod/ipad, I've never heard of anyone buying one for those features -- they're basically just fluff to make the PSP sound more versatile. Sounds like your son may be itching to play something above and beyond the simplistic games from the Apple store (he wants to ditch the training wheels).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 10:26:46 AM PST
WolfPup says:
There's also the fact that you own games you buy for the Vita or PSP (or 3DS) and you don't own those downloads for Apple's devices. Plus the game systems are stable for years. i.e. the PSP was released in 2005 and still has some development for it. Vita was released earlier this year and will probably have a good 4-5 years before being replaced, while Apple's specs get upgraded yearly.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions