Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Rob Thomas Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Shop Now Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Surrealistic Pillow forum

I just purchase Jefferson Airplane's Surrealistic Pillow...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2006 10:37:06 PM PST
and I noticed that my liner notes are the ones for the Volunteers album? Anyone else have that happen or is it just mine?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2007 8:04:38 PM PDT
No, it's not just yours--I had the same problem. I ordered a new copy from Amazon, and the first page of liners are for "Surrealistic Pillow", but then starting at the second page, it bafflingly switches to the liner notes for "Volunteers". The song titles/ writing credits, however, are properly intact. I had Amazon send me a replacement copy, and I had the exact same problem again. It's a real head-scratcher, and may the buyer be aware!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2007 12:30:03 PM PDT
Thanks for the info, I tried writing to the CD company, I enjoy the notes better then some cds, they are always well written and I enjoy the information provided, but I got the letter back (wrong address?) I am still a little soured after the purchase, so I am sticking to my vinyl for the airplane, for now, if anyone has written to them, and gotten a reply back let me know! Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2007 1:10:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2007 1:12:12 PM PDT
I am glad I am not alone on this one. Not that it takes much away from the disappointment, but at least I know some others suffer along with me. I tried to take the thing back to the place where I bought it (B&N) and they just stared at me. The flipping liner notes are important to the real music fans out here!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2008 1:55:02 AM PDT
L. Ricciuti says:
Yeah, I bought it in a store and that's what I got too. Must have been an error when they were manufacturing the booklits.

Posted on Dec 14, 2010 8:29:05 AM PST
Music Lover says:
Mine had no liner notes at all!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Surrealistic Pillow forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2006
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Surrealistic Pillow [Vinyl]
Surrealistic Pillow [Vinyl] by Jefferson Airplane (Vinyl - 1997)
4.6 out of 5 stars (240)