Sony STRDH720 7.1 Channel 3D AV Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Used & New from: $240.00
Is the XM tuner built in or do I need to purchase additional components to listen? It comes with a unit ID?
asked by Reviewer on April 8, 2013
Sort: Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
It does not have satellite radio, such as XM/Sirius. One comment said it was compatible w/his iPAD and so I bought it, with plans on plugging in my iPAD to listen to Pandora but it did not work. However, if you have an iPHONE, you could listen to Pandora, satellite radio. Does it have a unit ID? I don't see why not although I did not find one on the box and I'm not about to pull out the unit to try to find it. Sorry. I suggest emailing Sony directly. Hope that helps. Still love the unit, though. Have not had any issues and I like that you don't have to "assign" everything, meaning you have to "convince" (for lack of a better way to put it) the unit that you plugged in your speakers and other components. Just plug everything in and BINGO, you have sound.
Newportgomes answered on April 10, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have not yet register the unit with XM, but it is supposed to be built in. Maybe you could look at Sony's website and look at the schematics. Sorry if this didn't help.
Denise Nykiel answered on April 9, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Don't know
John answered on April 9, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Why you looking for xm tuners on a low price unit..
rdscrpn answered on April 9, 2013
Comments (3) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No xm tuner .. Just am fm... . This unit is a year old. Xm tuners are less than 6 months.. But you can get a blu ray player that has pandora
rdscrpn answered on April 9, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Never got that far, it couldn't even recognize the HDMI inputs how could you expect it to get XM reception
Legge answered on April 9, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
To the best of my knowledge, this receiver does not have a XM tuner.
cindy langille answered on April 9, 2013
Comments (2) | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
FM turner is built in and comes with an FM Antenna.
Rolando answered on April 9, 2013
Comment (1) | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›