If I purchase a new hard drive and this version of Windows 7 - should I expect any problems with the install? Motherboard, etc?
asked by Shana Williams on December 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
The reason I bought Windows 7 is because my hard drive had to be replaced. I did not have any problems with the install or adding new programs.
Amazon Customer answered on December 26, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No you shouldn't have any issues with the install. I replaced my hard drive on my laptop and used this operating system to install; just make sure your computer is either a 32bit or 64bit system (motherboard)
Khaosblade2008 answered on December 26, 2012

A
No,you should have no problems at all with this version of Windows 7 Home Premium.
Chi N. Chu answered on December 26, 2012

A
I would need to know what kind of motherboard. Windows 7 really hated my Intel board for some reason. I have resolved all of the issues except one lol. It refused to see my network card which was built into the board. They said I had the latest driver. I dug a little deeper and found out this was not true and downloaded another driver problem solved. I have seen this same issue on three other laptops that I have fixed. Windows 7 also didn't like how I had my memory put in. I kept crashing over and over again. Moved the 4gig memory to another slot and problem solved. Internet explorer still crashes after 30 secs though. I switched to Google chrome and it has yet to crash on me. I have not had an issue in 30 days and am a happy camper. It does take twice the time to boot up than XP use to. If you have any issues with it email me and I will do my best to help you. Myrealtorlarry@yahoo.com. good luck!
Larry answered on December 26, 2012

A
not at all
Cosmic Jester answered on January 19, 2013

A
there should be no problems installing this to a new hard drive cause this version of windows 7 is the full version and not the upgrade
Cosmic Jester answered on January 19, 2013

A
you should have no problems installing it on the new hard drive as long as it's on the same PC
Cosmic Jester answered on January 21, 2013

A
there should be no issues with installing it on the new hard drive with your current motherboard
Cosmic Jester answered on January 22, 2013

A
yes the product key goes by the bios so if you acquire a new motherboard it will not work but since you're only buying a new hard drive it will work
Cosmic Jester answered on January 26, 2013

A
yes it will work without any problem
Cosmic Jester answered on January 27, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›