Why purchase games through amazon any more?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 14, 2012 6:39:30 PM PDT
logan says:
Am I the only one who stopped pre ordering through amazon after they made release date delivery close to eight bucks.?

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 10:17:42 AM PDT
Do you not have Prime? Cause free 2-day delivery on everything including free release-day delivery is awesome.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 5:10:15 PM PDT
logan says:
i shouldn't have to pay 80$ a year for something i may only save 10-20 bucks on. And the movies and shows offered by amazon through prime just aren't up to par.

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 2:25:11 AM PDT
Before I got Prime 2 months ago all my Video Games I ordered with release date delivery were only 99 cents for delivery.

If you have amazon Prime and get 8 or 10 packages in one year, Prime pays for itself. and the good thing is you can order an item for 99 cents and STILL get free 2 day delivery.

See a paperback I want , get it in two days free.

The movies are just window dressing. Even IF you counted just the movies alone that would be 6 dollars a month for the movies and free shipping on everything.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 2:40:08 PM PDT
x1STP_KLOSRx says:
I guess Prime is worth it to some of us and not others and it's all based on how much you order from Amazon. I order all of my movies, video games, electronics equipment such as speakers and televisions, headphones, etc. from Amazon. I save a lot of money by choosing to pay for Prime but others may not.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 10:09:01 PM PDT
C. Ramirez says:
It also matters when you pre order a game, I notice recently that not all games have a release date Available, I'm assuming this is because there systems aren't up to date.

I have had well over a half a dozen pre order games this year with the problem of no release date delivery option, like yourself I didn't care to pay 8 dollars just for shipping so I left it at 2 day shipping.
When the date came near of releasing the game I would receive an email indicating that my preorder game was now available for release day shipping and that my order was automatically upgraded to that.

I had this happen to about half of my orders, I guess it's just something new with amazon prime, but the free release day shipping is still there, it's just listed under the same 2 day shipping option.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 2:09:47 PM PDT
BaneJR says:
just sign up for the student prime 39 a year thats the best offer out anywhere get the videos and shipping

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 7:06:17 PM PST
Mikal says:
Best Buy has won a majority of my business with the Reward Zone and all the $20 gift cards with pre-orders with in store pickup. Newegg has took the rest of my business with $12 off pre-order codes with often free 2nd to 3 day shipping. Sorry Amazon you use to be the best but this past year you lose.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:15:53 AM PST
R. Morrow says:
Mikal, BB is still offering cash credits/gift cards for games coming out? If so, I think BLOPS2 will be my last pre-order game with Amazon. Only thing they are offering is silly video credits, lame wallpapers and a short story...lame. And with their slacking shipping and having a hard time making release day delivery there really is no reason to buy games from Amazon anymore.

Granted, I will probably still pre-order early with Amazon and give them the chance to beat out any competition with offers but if they don't within the last few days before release I'll just cancel.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 3:25:32 PM PST
Just make sure to preorder several copies from different retale stores/web. So when the game is almost out, you have different options and benefits without worrying about why you hadn't ordered earlier.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Hardened Edition] - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Hardened Edition] - Xbox 360 by Activision Inc. (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (248)